please help

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2006, 12:35 PM
proudmom3's Avatar Wait for it....
Send a message via Yahoo to proudmom3
how do i stop my 2 and half year old daughter from hitting, pinching, biting...my 6 yr old son? i have tried everything....i am not a spank person, but i am at my wits end with it!

and then there is my hubby! he tells my son that he is a baby and that she is just a baby, and she cant really hurt him!!! i am so upset over this, i feel like i rather just get a divorce then deal with him talkin to my son like that! i have told him it isnt right to say that!! he is just a fat jerk! its hurts his feelings....and that hurts mine....my son is a very very sensitive lil guy

i have been sad all morning, i cant deal anymore, i want out

Jessica: 18
Jordan: 11
Shaelyn: 7
Drake: 3

MeMe to Caleb: 23mos

TS to Lynsey: 9
March 19th, 2006, 03:46 PM
~Katie~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
have you tried the corner or time out chair? I use the those with my 2.5 year old and make her/him sit there for every minute the age they are...my dd would sit there for 2min...my son had to sit there for 9 minutes yesterday...
March 20th, 2006, 02:33 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
My 2 year old does the same thing. It is frustrating! We just use time outs on the chair and depending on the severitity of what he has done, he may get a slap on the hand or put to bed. The other day we were working on some doors and had the toolbox in the house. He got out the wrench and was pretending that he was working tools. The next thing I hear is a thud and then DD scream. He walked into her room and hit her on top of the head with the wrench. Needless to say he got a time out, a slap on the hand and put to bed.
March 20th, 2006, 02:47 PM
mrobinson

I am sorry your DH is being so difficult on this issue. I bet it hurts when he hurts the 6 year old son. I am glad you're there to recognize the damage done to your son. Sometimes the people who we love the most hurt us the easiest. Some dad's like to give the tough love to their kids, but it doesn't work for every child... (well, I don't think any, but I'm not a mom.) I hope you and him can have a productive heart to heart about it... Good luck in the meantime, and let us know, if you don't mind, how things worked out? Or how you're feeling...
BTW: I know it seems like a wierd thing to do, but I've heard so many mothers "bite back" to stop the behaviour for the baby.. of course not hard.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search