Judgemental PIGS!!!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2006, 07:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok so let's start from the beginning... I was told when I was 16 that the chances of me falling pregnant ever would be zero and if not it would be pretty close to zero after everything my body had been through. Because of that my DF and I were not as careful as we should have been about contraception silly? yes but there was no real reason for it. Anyhow obviously I was shattered when I found out all I had ever wanted to do was have children so I could love them and give them everything I had ever missed out on. I wanted the chance that everyone else had to be able to love a child as much as people with children did and I HATED the fact it was pretty much impossible for that to happen. So as you can imagine when we found out we were pregnant we were SO excited! and then twins? well you could only imagine how happy we were. We were scared but that's gotta be normal right?

Well what I'm getting at is ever since I started showing and telling people about my pregnancy all I've received is stupid comments about how young I am and how irresponsible! It's none of their business what the he l l I do with MY body. So many people are giving me dirty looks and I had one old HAG spit at me when I was shopping the other day what is with that?? I couldn't handle it and I had to go home and cry. My teachers at TAFE are SO rude some are asking me when I'm dropping out. NEWSFLASH I'm NOT sorry to disappoint. one told me that I did have a lot of potential but it was going to be ruined if I didn't really consider my options about the pregnancy. what OPTIONS are there??? I did'nt plan for this baby and if we had have had the choice we wouldn't have tried until we were older but that's not the case. I consider it a MIRACLE that I fell pregnant and with twins, a few months ago that would have been unthought of! So I'll be ######ed if any old hag wants to try and tell me that I should consider my options in other words telling me to get an abortion. I'm SO sick of people looking at me like "another one of those sluts" They all immediatly assume I have no idea who the father is, that I don't have a job or a place to live. The FACT is I'm engaged with a man I have been with for over 3 years! I have money, I have 3 houses and I hold down 3 jobs!(3 seems to be my number atm....) I have support from some people around me and i WILL be able to give these babies the life they deserve so why do people have to keep putting me down??

I have a hard enough time accepting it myself sometimes I wish it had have happenned later but the point is it DIDN'T and I don'tcare anymore! THESE are my babies and I love them with everything I have an I wouldn't think of not having them! This is my chance and I am gonna take it no matter what else other people think but can they not be so ######ed jugemental they know NOTHING about me yet they are able to make me go home everynight and cry to my DF. Where the hell do they get off?? Next person that sas something or stares or even looks at me the wrong is going to cop a mouthful because I have had it!! It's NONE of their business.

</div>
March 23rd, 2006, 09:30 PM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
sweetie, i understand u 150%!!!!!!i was 19 when i had liam, and i couldn't have been happier. i used to walk in the mall, and while other preggies got smiles and belly rubs, i got dirty looks, and yes, i've been spit on too. I had a woman, working at the cash, while i was paying comment under her breath to the other woman bagging things, that i was a ****. that's when i lost it personaly. i blasted the woman and she had no idea what to say. it got to the point where my bf was getting into fights with people that would glare or make comments.
i know it's easier said than done, but keep ur head high, be the best mommy u can be, because it's the hardest job in the world, and if people don't appricaite u for that, then u don't need them. ur babies are all that matter. nobody is in any place to make comments or sneer, because i'm sure thier lives aren't perfectly planned out (and well if they are well their probably annoying anyways).
i am VERY happy for, and congrats and good luck with ur twins!!!!

March 24th, 2006, 04:32 AM
ericalaurel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ericalaurel
I had one old HAG spit at me when I was shopping the other day what is with that??

Hon, I am so sorry this happened to you! I really had no idea people could be that cruel. I guess I should have known.

You know what burns me up? I am a Christian, and believe that any child that is conceived is concieved for a reason, a purpose-whether that be good or bad. God would not choose for a child to be created otherwise. Therefore, these people who are judging you are basically saying that God screwed up. Something tells me that they are the kind of Christians who believe they are doing God's work by making "sinners" feel as bad as possible about themselves, meanwhile giving sincere, non-judgemental Christians a bad name.

Argh. Hold your head up high, and whenever you have to deal with people like that, just think to yourself that God chose to give you not one, but two little miracles! He must think you will do a pretty good job-it does indeed sound like it was a miracle for you to become pregnant in the first place.

CONGRATS to you!!

Take care,
Erica

March 24th, 2006, 07:17 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I am SO sorry that you are having to go through this now. Some people can be such jerks! It is such an amazing miracle that you were able to get pregnant! I am sure that if you knew that there was a chance, then you would have taken precautions better, but for whatever reason, it was meant for you to have these babies now. I think the people are being such holes because they are so used to seeing kids having kids and then not being able to support or take care of them. You are not in that situation, and they do not know that. They do not have the right to judge you just because you are young. Not all young pregnant girls are idiots and people need to realize that. I wish the best for you and your babies!!
March 25th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Stacia
I'm really sorry to hear that people have been so rude to you. I was 24 the first time I was pregnant but looked about 19 and experienced similar things. I honestly think that people in Australia are less tolernat and more judgemental when seeing young girls that are pregnant. I grew up in the US and went to high school with girls that were pregnant and had friends that became pregnant. I never once noticed them or heard them complain about being treated the way I was over here.

I noticed you live in Sydney as well, everyone in this city is pushy and rude pregnant or not!

As long as you are happy that is all that really matters. Congratulations on being pregnant and congratulations on the twins!!
March 25th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi There, I dont usually come into this room or post here but I read your post and I can just feel my stomach burning.... Congratulations on your boys, what a wonderful gift! I am so so sorry someone was so awful as to spit at you, that hurts my heart half a world away. You continue to be brave and strong and take good care of yourself. You are worth it and a lot of poeple out here are sending you love and respect and only the BEST wishes. Real famlies arent formed on a prefect time line under prefect circumstances.....Who would want them if they were?
I hope life sends you and your sweetheart many unexpected blessings..the best kind! And best of luck with your pregnancy.

March 26th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Justmeandmyguys's Avatar Veteran
I got pregnant at 19 but where I am from, that is actually old!!!!! I am sorry about what happened to u but u will be a great mom! Just because u are young does not mean u will be a bad mom! I know bad moms who are 40! Good luck and congrats on the twins!
March 29th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks alot ladies!! I feel alot better knowing that there are people out there who are accepting of my situation I just wish there was more people that were!

</div>
April 2nd, 2006, 03:22 AM
RyMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RyMommy Send a message via MSN to RyMommy Send a message via Yahoo to RyMommy
Grr, how insensitive! If some nasty old hag spit on me, I'd spit right back at her, the little snake. I get so insulted when people think less of young mothers because my grandmother had her first baby at 16, and went on to have nine more, and she was a wonderful mother and raised wonderful children, while other mom's I know who had kids in their 30s and 40s were TERRIBLE and raised total brats! Young moms are great moms, and don't ever let anyone make you doubt yourself at all!!
<3I'm in love with a fireman!<span style="color:#FF99FF"><3

</div>
April 2nd, 2006, 05:17 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
wow. i'm totally shocked that people would spit. i don't even know what to say about THAT.
it's unfortunate that we young mothers have to prove ourselves... after the first year or so of having my son, my own family admitted that they were proud of me, and didn't think I had it in me (I was 19 when he was born) to take care of him and be selfless, etc.
keep your head high, you've done nothing wrong! BIG congratulations on your boys, and I wish you a happy and healthy few more months!!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

April 3rd, 2006, 03:33 PM
Super Mommy
I'm also Australian and just feel so incredulous and awful that someone spat on you. That is just not on. Unfortunately people will always be opinionated and feel they have the 'right' to glare or whatever, and I don't agree with that either - but to spit on you is absolutely disgusting and I can't even believe it! (Yes I do believe you, but you know what I mean - that is just so rude). What a story for you - two babies and young enough to be able to run after them both - can't beat that!

May 13th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Wendie
I am so familiar with this whole idea. I live in the U.S., but you still get those people who think that because your pregnant that they know your type. Well I had one old lady make a remark when I walked by about teenagers getting pregnant. First off, I was 21 years old and married. And, my husband and I support ourselves. I don't know if it was hormones but I lost my temper. I told her off, really told her off. And at the end, she had the guts to say "Well you'll never accomplish anything." Ha! I am still in school even after the birth of my son. And, I am working on my Master's degree in History. I just have to wonder what women like that ever achieved. I figure she probably was voted the biggest #### in her neighborhood. You just have to let it roll off your back and be happy about your pregnancy.
May 13th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
I am SOOOOO sorry to have seen what you've had to go through ...

first of all ... I've never been a teen mom but I have a 13 year old ... and if ever my teen gets pregnant ... lol I hope I can be an openminded understanding mom lol ...

but if ever ... and ANYONE treats her in anyway like you've been treated especially the spitting on you part ... they would soooooooooooo have to peal me off their face for being so bloody disrespectful to a person who they don't know!

hang in there hon and you sound like a wonderful person and of course are in my best thoughts and prayers.

pm me if EVER you need to speak to someone!

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
May 23rd, 2006, 08:09 AM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
People can be unbelievable.

I am 27 and married but I still got dirty looks when I was pregnant because I look 16 and I was too swollen to wear my wedding rings.

Sherilyn

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search