This is the saddest day ever

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2006, 03:22 PM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I have been building a house about an hour away from here for the last 6 months. Well we finally had to come to the decision that we just can't get that house right now. It's too far away to run our business and my dh's brother went south on a crucial business deal I'm not amused about that.

Even with all of that we still could've bought the house but we couldn't have sold our current house and we have major repairs that now need to get done. We just put in $11,000 of A/C and heat into (including finance charges) and we have rafters in the roof that have snapped so we need to fix those. Plus recarpeting the entire house, the dishwasher has a major leak as does our roof which has left us with quite a few water spots the ceiling, we just can't afford to do all that just to get it on the market. We have to compete with new homes and we even if everything was perfect our home would never sell for anywhere near what we owe on the darm thing. The builder never had a problem with us backing out at anytime seeing as he can get $30,000 more for it now than he did when we signed our contract so he'll sell it all day long. I just really wanted that house, it was perfect. When you walk into the front door it just had this "wow" factor to it. It's just massive. 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths. It is just a beautiful house.
Here's the builders website if anyone's interested in the virtual tour Just go to the left hand side where it says vitual tours and click on the plan 575.
DH did promise me that next year when 2 of our trucks are paid off he'll build me a house just like it on the lake

March 26th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I am truly sorry Erica. You will get your dream house.
I know it is depressing, I missed out on my dream house also but am hoping in the next year or 2 obtaining it.

Just hang in there.

March 27th, 2006, 01:32 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I know EXACTLY how stressful buying a home is, we bought our first one almost one year ago. That was the WORST time of my life!!! I can only imagine how it is to build one and then have to give it up. Maybe in a year you can have an even better one!!!
March 28th, 2006, 12:52 PM
mrobinson
<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE(greenjeans @ Mar 25 2006, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class=\'quotemain\'>DH and I have been building a house about an hour away from here for the last 6 months. Well we finally had to come to the decision that we just can\'t get that house right now. It\'s too far away to run our business and my dh\'s brother went south on a crucial business deal I\'m not amused about that.

Even with all of that we still could\'ve bought the house but we couldn\'t have sold our current house and we have major repairs that now need to get done. We just put in $11,000 of A/C and heat into (including finance charges) and we have rafters in the roof that have snapped so we need to fix those. Plus recarpeting the entire house, the dishwasher has a major leak as does our roof which has left us with quite a few water spots the ceiling, we just can\'t afford to do all that just to get it on the market. We have to compete with new homes and we even if everything was perfect our home would never sell for anywhere near what we owe on the darm thing. The builder never had a problem with us backing out at anytime seeing as he can get $30,000 more for it now than he did when we signed our contract so he\'ll sell it all day long. I just really wanted that house, it was perfect. When you walk into the front door it just had this "wow" factor to it. It\'s just massive. 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths. It is just a beautiful house.
Here\'s the builders website if anyone\'s interested in the virtual tour Just go to the left hand side where it says vitual tours and click on the plan 575.
DH did promise me that next year when 2 of our trucks are paid off he\'ll build me a house just like it on the lake [/b][/quote]

Oh Erica!?!?! I am so sorry you had to put your dream house on hold... I hope the house on the lake will make up for it.

In the meantime,

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search