Extremely Angry right now

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2006, 02:51 AM
Regular
So sorry to hear about your troubles with DH.

I also have body image probs. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better!

I do think that DH should respect your wishes, regardless of how you feel about your own baby body.

Although your beautiful son is only tiny, they are not images your son needs to see.

Perhaps you could try speaking to him again and tell him that it makes you feel bad.

Good luck!
March 27th, 2006, 06:57 AM
carolinagirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Isn't amazing how men can go from 0 to stupid in 2.5 seconds flat?!?! It was incrediibly insensitive of DH to make a promise and then break it - however (gonna play devils advocate here) when one goes looking for something they usually find it! I know that those chain e-mails make rounds more times than we ever care to count. My hubby gets them - HELL, I even get them and pass them along. It's not so much the e-mail it's the fact that he broke a promise and most women after having a baby suffer from sort of post partum depression. I know I certainly did - felt like the cow of the universe and very unattractive. Just make sure when you bring it up to DH that you stay on track and address the core problem - the broken promise. Unfortunately you checked his e-mail and now he's going to be deffensive about that.

In short you were both in the wrong but it can be fixed. All couples go thru this at some point in the course of a marriage. Try not to dwell on it and drag it out because it really wasn't that bad as it could have been KWIM?

Good Luck Hon - I know it's frustrating. BTW any woman that gives birth is beautiful in my opinion!! Life's miracle is never anything to be ashamed of or to feel less attractive. Your body went thru a major change and it didn't occur over night, it's certainlly not going to return back to normal over night. (((hugs)))

GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ~ Amen.

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*
March 28th, 2006, 08:40 AM
lilbilal's Avatar Regular
i kinda agree with u n kinda not. i understand why you would be mad that he broke his promise. i would be mad over that too. but men will be men. they just like looking at women. my bf does is too. he gets on the internet n i am sure he looks at stuff. but i don't have the right to stop him. it's just something he's allowed to do. he shouldn't have promised u anything n then broke it. thats not right. if he wants to look at naked women or whatever thats his thing, he has no right to do it around u or ur baby. now if he's all alone then than it should be okay. if he didn't like the way u looked he wouldn't be with you i'm sure. now if he calls u any names or anything cuz ur pregnant than he definitely deserves a slappin. being pregnant is beautiful. i can't wait to be, even if pregnancy has it's downside. soon enough u will be back to normal until then try to enjoy this time cuz it is special! just something to think about. good luck!

<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Countdown To 4 Years!</font>
</center>

, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
March 28th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hun i am sorry that your DH did that to you. First off i think any man who is in a relationship ( especially married) doesn't have the right to go on the computer and look at naked women. Its one thing when your out in public and can't help it and see someone attractive, but its another thing when you purposely go on the computer and look for that stuff. It comes down to respect and boundries. He promised you that he wouldn't do it again, but he lied. That's wrong. it doesn't matter if you looked in his email, he gave you a reason too. I think you should tell him that your really hurt and if he chooses to continue to lie to you about, there will be consequences. I wish you the best of luck.

Snowball Fight 2006- I've been hit 9 times!
Thank you Meighan for the siggy!

I've lost 4lbs!!
April 3rd, 2006, 09:49 AM
FutureMommy
I would be comletely pissed. You deserve a hell of a lot more respect than that from your husband and the father of your child. Oh, and who is this "friend" of his that sent it to him in the first place? What an idiot!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search