In-Laws.....

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: In-Laws.....
Can't stand them. 12 19.35%
They are ok. 23 37.10%
Love them! 16 25.81%
Other. Please explain. 11 17.74%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2006, 06:56 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Just seeing how everyone out there feels about in-laws, especially those MILS!
March 30th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Ya sure my MIL can get on my nerves at times and there were times when I didn't get along with them but on the whole, we get along. They welcomed my 2 children when my DH & I met with open arms.

But if it wasn't for my MIL, we would never have gotten as great of a start as we did and would not be here if she hadn't have helped us a few years ago.

March 30th, 2006, 12:27 PM
mrobinson
I've never had an issue with FIL... MIL and I started out rocky. Dh and I set a boundary.. she ignored us for two years... Now we are starting to chat a little. I think she's lightened up and I've matured.
March 30th, 2006, 01:51 PM
ericalaurel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ericalaurel
My MIL is insane. There is no other word for her. Thank goodness she lives 3 hours away, or I would flee with my daughter to Canada.

April 1st, 2006, 01:03 PM
LadyTkachenko's Avatar *~GreenTeamFeb2015~*
My MIL is great! She treats me like she does all her other 5 kids.

April 4th, 2006, 09:01 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my soon to be in laws are . . . perhaps the most rotten evil people ever

fiance (will) and i were friends in high school. he lived w/ me and my mom for a few months after his parents kicked him out for cleaning his room. he married this horrible girl (she was referred to as the school gang ****) and she cheated on him endlessly (including activities with their son home while he was in iraq that i won't even mention).

his parents LOVE her. they don't even like him. they think she is just the best thing ever. i got to spend tgiving @ their house and SHE WAS THERE. (this is a girl who has recently threated to beat me up).

anyway. before this goes to a long story . . . they are evil. they hate me. they don't want to be involved w/ the baby b/c they figure (rightfully so) that i won't let them be w/ the baby. well perhaps i would if they didn't decide to hate me w/o ever getting to know me, hmm?

sheesh - that's what you get for having a "venting" forum! lol
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

April 5th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Deena's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My in-laws drive me crazy.. Especially now that I had James. They feel that when they're around us, it's "their turn" to hold him, since I get to be around him all the time. They take him from me, and make me feel guilty for wanting to be around him still. Ugh, i'm going to save this for another post!!!

Our boy, James!! Born February 18, 2006!! xoxoxoxox
April 5th, 2006, 10:30 AM
mrobinson
There is no question some in-laws are evil... my heart goes out to you all. I'm not looking forward to having a kid and needing to reset boundaries with them.
April 5th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My MIL is pretty cool. She listens and doesn't push things on me, but she does give me lots of advice on parenting that sometimes get annoying.

I absolutely like hate my FIL and my step-MIL. They know our phone number, but they don't know where we live anymore. I won't let them, cuz I don't want to see them. My DH agrees for quite a few reasons though. He still sees his dad, but he never sees his stepmom. They are also not allowed to see my kids anymore due to many things that they have said and done that I don't approve of.

Someday I think that all ppl will ignore the inlaws.

April 6th, 2006, 09:03 AM
steph1989's Avatar Super Mommy
I used to like my in-laws.........but, now that I have seen different things that I don't like about them......they are not my favorite people. My MIL can be very moody and weird at times and my FIL is just plain not very nice at times. They are real cold people and I feel awkward around them. I have tried to open up to these people, but they are just the way they are..........just coldish. When I talk to my MIL, she doesn't look me in the eye......she's always avoiding eye contact. I don't trust people that avoid eye contact with you.

I try to keep them at an arm's distance..........setting boundaries.
Benjamin Patrick was born on January 26, 2006 at 6:31 PM! 7 lbs. 11.4 oz. 20 1/2"

April 6, 2006 will be our 4th Wedding Anniversary!

April 6th, 2006, 11:58 AM
irishxrose
I absolutely love my FIL and his family (my fiance's parents are divorced). They've always welcomed me into the family, and made me feel comfortable. Now my MIL and her husband... I really don't like them all that much. My MIL used to ask my fiance when he was getting back with his ex-girlfriend! It really bugged me. Now that I'm pregnant, she's better about it, but sometimes I still think that she doesn't like me all that much. Oh well, I'm done trying to suck up to her. I tried that before I got pregnant, and it got me nowhere. And her husband... ugh, I HATE him. He's just really creepy, and religious to the point where it honestly feels like he's shoving it down my throat. Anyway, we won't get into that...

So yeah, for me it's mixed. Love my FIL, don't like my MIL and absolutely HATE her husband.
April 9th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I voted "other" because I absolutely CANNOT stand my SIL (husband's sister), but my MIL and FIL are "okay."

Now, my other SIL (brother's wife) and BIL (sister's husband)...I absolutely LOVE them to death like they're my own family.

[/b]

I cant stand my MIL. In fact my husband and he got into it two nights ago so I dont think they are on speaking terms I know im not.

BTW heres another egg
April 9th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Tigger's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I voted "other" because I absolutely CANNOT stand my SIL (husband's sister), but my MIL and FIL are "okay."

Now, my other SIL (brother's wife) and BIL (sister's husband)...I absolutely LOVE them to death like they're my own family.

[/b]
I found an egg!!! Jessica beat me too it though lol I am searching everywhere!!!
April 9th, 2006, 05:58 PM
pjcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pjcherry Send a message via MSN to pjcherry Send a message via Yahoo to pjcherry
Quote:

[/b]
found an egg
April 10th, 2006, 05:14 PM
dawnk777's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My MIL died of breast cancer, with mets to the liver, a year before I met hubby. I never met her. My FIL died about 2-1/2 years ago. He wasn't a real hands-on grandpa, but he always liked buying candy novelties, for every holiday that came up. He had problems, in that he couldn't see very well and couldn't drive.

I love both my SILs. They are both great. My BIL is very nice, too. So, I have no complaints.

My DH gets along great with my parents, since they are kind of his parents, too. He is always emailing and talking to my dad on the phone.

It's all a good thing.

April 11th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Stacia
My MIL is lovely. She is very quiet though. My FIL is another story, he is a miserable old goat! He didn't like me before he met me. He HATES Americans and thinks everything that is wrong in the world is because of Americans. He also hates strong women which gives him another reason to dislike me. I can't stand being around him and I hate the way he talks to my MIL.
April 13th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Super Mommy
I put other, because my MIL is great. She's full of lots of love and kindness and really doesn't have a mean bone in her body. However, that can make for someone who can be a little overbearing at times. Plus, she oversteps her boundaries with me a lot. I lost my mom a few years ago to cancer, and sometimes I think my MIL tries to act like 'mom' to me and I HATE that!! I know she doesn't do it to be mean, so I try to just deal with it, but that is the kind of stuff that makes me pick 'other'.

April 18th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Super Mommy
I voted other because My MIL passed away when we were dating and FIL was never in DH's life, so I don't know him. SIL and BIL's all have issues with each other so, we rarely speak...But I'm on good terms with all but one

Celebrating our Third Anniversary![br]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search