need to vent!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just really need to get something off my chest re: DH.

We're closing on our house Monday. I'm psyched. We were not supposed to close until Friday, but we said that if we closed early we'd take the week and move slowly during the course of the week and take time to really straighten up and organize, etc.

Well, all of that is out the window. DH is his impatient self and doesn't understand the importance of organization to me. Not that he ever has, but I've been stressing to him how important it is and what my "plan" is. He had the flipping nerve to say to me today, "Well you didn't write down your plan so I have no idea what it is!" WHAT THE HELL? Seriously? I am *THE MOST* organized person at work and at school. At home, its another story! DH claims he's a neat freak, and that I am a slob and he always goes behind me to clean. Well, I told him if you want me to clean and to cook then LET ME FOR ONCE, organize the kitchen with a label maker throw away CRAP dishes (I mean we have probably 4-6 different sets of dishes all mix-matched patterns and designs. Not enough to complete one set of the same pattern or design). I want to organize cleaning supplies and streamline an effort based on what my grandmother does and works amazingly well and fits it into routine tasks.

On top of that, I could deal with the organization stuff with DH and just do it myself (hey - I work, I make money and if that is how I choose to spend my paycheck so be it - kiss my butt!) Well, he decided to take it upon himself to decide Tuesday is the day we're moving everything in - and he's doing it all by himself! Nobody is helping him - just DH and a dolly. His coworkers *MIGHT* help during their lunch breaks to pack up the truck and put stuff in the garage so that when *****I******** get home from my 14 hour day between work and school I can help him to move the furniture into the house where it belongs! I've found guys to help DH but he refuses! Even two of the new neigbhors offered to help but DH refused! I'm livid. I told DH I ***CAN NOT*** help him move because of my back issues, but I've found numerous guys who are willing to help in return for babysitting hours. He wont let anyone help him. So, I've just got this *Feeling* its going to be a rough week with work (we've got several events going on at work that will make things out of routine). I've got 4 projects for school due very soon, 4 weeks left in the semester as it is. And he can't do me the SIMPLE FAVOR of waiting until the weekend to move, so that Wendesday when I don't have class I can' go through the entire house and organize my head off with the items I want to orgainze. I don't want furnature just throw into the garage or god forbid it makes it upstairs just thrown anywhere in a room. I don't want to get home from school at 9pm at night and have to unpack boxes so that I can go to sleep (I'm very OCD and can not stand boxes packed up). I'm just so angry right now. On top of everything else, AF just started so I'm obviously PMSing, my back hurts like hell and is having these massive spasms it typically does that feel just as bad if not worse then back labor. I just want to have fun with moving, buy a new set of dishes, have a new trash can, have dishes, get the fridge up and going, put sticky labels where I want to have stuff, stock the fridge, get the cleaning supplies and do a quick clean. Set up DD's room competely. Its not like I want to go all out with decor and such right now - but it might be nice to at least go to Rooms to Go and pick out a living room set and dinning room set and arrange delivery before we move in so we have somewhere to sit, eat and live downstairs since our couch is broken and wont survive the move and we do not have a dinning room table. So we'll have litterally NO WHERE to sit and eat.

I just wish for ONCE he could just humor me, and even if it sounds psychopathic and his male brain does not understand my OCD desire to just humor me no matter how psyco I sound!
November 16th, 2009, 06:13 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
(((HUGS))) Why is he so hell bent on doing it all himself?? Is he trying to prove something by doing that?? I know buying a house/moving is totally stressful on a relationship BTDT, maybe its just his weird way of dealing with the stress. Is he normally like that? If it does not look like he is going to back down, then I suggest you pack up what you are going to need for a few days and keep it someplace safe so your not running around crazy looking for things. It would make a lot more sense to organize things as you go along, which is also what we agreed upon when we moved. I was at the old place organizing the packing there and DH and crew was moving things to the house and each box was labeled so that way they could take it exactly where it needed to be. By the time I got to the new place, EVERYTHING was stacked in the living room and the playroom/office!!! Men just don't think like us I guess I dunno. I hope you make it through this with your sanity or at least part of it LOL!! Good Luck!
November 20th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL! This week has been hell! DH's coworkers did help a little bit but oh my gosh our boxes are a mess!! He litterally left everything in the garage and I sprained my "good" ankle carrying DD's two ton dresser up the stairs. We haven't even gotten around to our dressers or other "heavy" stuff upstairs. We're working on DD's playroom now. Taking a break while DH brings stuff upstairs.

He's normally not like this - he just wanted to be out of the apt so quickly and be inthe new house - excitement I guess? I don't know. I can't figure out why on earth he's so bent over about doing it by himself. But this week has been pure and utter hell. Thank GOD today is Friday. if it wasn't friday I would have lost my mind!
December 2nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Have things settled down now?? How do you like your new house??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search