I'm so proud of myself!!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2004, 11:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyand3
I stuck up for myself today with my FIL. MY MIL was going on about how Owen has a cold and I should give him chicken noodle soup. He's only 6 months. I'm NOT giving him that. I told her that he doesn't eat things like that yet. I said, laughing "He only gets what comes in a gerber jar" and my FIL says "that's just stupid" In my mind, I'm like "WHATTTTTTTTTTT screw you!" But I said, why?
He said that they used to make their own baby food and formula and their kids turned out fine. He said that they would take cans of veggies and blend it (which is fine for some people, but not what I do with Owen) he said he doesn't "TRUST the companies that make baby food" SO I said, "well what's the difference, you are taking 'jars' of veggies instead of fresh veggies and blending that, how can you trust the company that makes that. and if you bought fresh veggies in the store, they have pesistides on it." My MIL says "well you take off the peel" I said "they still grow some place where they are filled with pesticides." Now this doesn't sound very dramatic on here but my FIL was taken by the fact that I PROVED HIM WRONG and NO ONE else ever takes the time to do it. They just let him think that he's right. Then he goes on about how they made their formula out of cow's milk and sryup! I said, "well that's great (sarcastic) but you can poison a baby with syrup." He said, well our children turned out fine. And can you believe it...HAL STUCK UP FOR ME. "she doing just fine with him and yes you can posion a baby with syrup." I was soooooooooo happy he stuck up for me to his father. If you have read anything from the past poss, you will know that this rarely happens. I'm not putting up with this guy anymore. Babies used to DIE in the past more often than today. SO obviously something was done wrong!! I am not going to stand by while someone tells me that I'm doing something wrong. Besides this cold, Owen is perfectly healthy and happy! And I intend to keep it that way, without their input!
August 22nd, 2004, 12:32 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
GOOD FOR YOU!!!! :clapping: I`m proud of you! </span>

<span style="color:red">
I have never had anyone do that with me about any of my kids. But, I know people who think they know it all about everything! It is great when people prove them wrong!

August 22nd, 2004, 12:44 PM
I Heart 4x4
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/u]
August 22nd, 2004, 11:29 PM
Silver's Avatar Veteran
Definitely a cool thing...!!

If you check out My Webpage You'll see some pics of us.
August 23rd, 2004, 02:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good for you for standing up for yourself. WTG!
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

August 23rd, 2004, 08:23 AM
alyssasmommy2001
Sounds like Matt's parents, so I DEFINATELY know where you are coming from, and how hard it can be to get a good one in on them sometimes. It feels GREAT, doesn't it? Way to go!
August 24th, 2004, 05:58 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
WAY TO GO!!! I can't stand people like that. When they have the 100% perfect life, then they can go on and on all they want, until then SHUT UP.
I am glad to hear that Hal stuck up for you as well! Its nice to see it when you actually have DH/SO stick up for you against the IL's!
August 27th, 2004, 09:17 PM
kikimama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kikimama Send a message via Yahoo to kikimama
Yea Mandy!!! :clapping: :clapping:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search