Get that camera out of my face!!!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Lekilig86's Avatar Super Mommy
Well my s/o suggested investing in a camcorder to record the baby's birth. My response was angrily, ##### no!!! I understand that but i really don't wanna be videotaped during that time...i mean maybe video taping the baby afterwards but not me giving birth!!! That would drive me INSANE!!!

</a>
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
</div>
April 6th, 2006, 09:56 PM
mrobinson
Why? You mean you don't want it mixed up with the Exoricsm tapes?

I totally understand where you're coming from here.. Weird how some people can't get that, right?
April 7th, 2006, 07:38 AM
lol Yeah thats another reason

</a>
</a>
</div>
April 7th, 2006, 07:44 AM
carolinagirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dunno.. thinking back I wished that I had videotaped my son's birth -- then I could have showed it to him later on where I put his Daddy in a headlock and screamed "don't you ever ***** touch me again or I'll rip your tally whacker off"

I totally understand where you're coming from but then again I wished that I had done more to remember his birth. I mean I have my memories of course but a lot of it is fuzzy from the pain meds they gave me. Myabe make a compromise like videotape the early stages of labor and then after he's born and all cleaned up... would make a sweet keepsake.

GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ~ Amen.

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*
April 7th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Quote:
I dunno.. thinking back I wished that I had videotaped my son's birth -- then I could have showed it to him later on where I put his Daddy in a headlock and screamed "don't you ever ***** touch me again or I'll rip your tally whacker off"

I totally understand where you're coming from but then again I wished that I had done more to remember his birth. I mean I have my memories of course but a lot of it is fuzzy from the pain meds they gave me. Myabe make a compromise like videotape the early stages of labor and then after he's born and all cleaned up... would make a sweet keepsake. [/b]
Yeah i agree, i suppose i will allow pictures maybe? Hopefully thats good enough, i don't want regrets but i don't want to be videotaped, it would make the experience completely different. He's supposed to calm me down, not videotape me..lol

And thats funny you really put his dad in a headlock?! Lol!!!

</a>
</a>
</div>
April 7th, 2006, 08:02 AM
carolinagirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
you really put his dad in a headlock?[/b]
Yes, ma'am I did! I was SOOOO annoyed with my ex while I was in labor. He did absolutely nothing to calm me down, so when he went to whisper in my ear during a very hard contraction I put him in a headlock! Then I spit ice at him when he tried to touch me... talk about a scene from the Excorcist!!

Yeah, deffinetly take lots of pictures. Those first moments of your childs life are the most precious and you want as many as you can get. I wish that I had gotten a really pretty pink nightgown and taken a shower and got a little more presentable but it's all gravy. LOL

GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ~ Amen.

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*
April 7th, 2006, 11:16 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
No way would I allow a camera in the room. Pictures after the baby is born is what I want, and of the baby only. If he wants to video tape the baby AFTER it is out, then that is different. Talk to him and see what exactly he is wanting to tape.
April 7th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Super Mommy
I was not crazy about the idea before I went into labor, but my sister taped it and I am really glad. Especially now that she just turned 2. I watched it on her birthday and cried like a baby. I am so glad I have the video.

It is not something I share with everyone that comes to my house. But, it is private and something that DH and I share together. Those first precious moments with her is something I will cherish forever. You will not remember a lot of the details and it is so neat to be able to go back and see.

Ok... I am crying now thinking about it!

But, it is up to you. You do what you are comfortable with. I did not let him tape me when the broke my water... That was not something I wanted to remember.

One of my babies I carried in my heart and one I carried under my heart...

Remember... behind every successful mother.. there is a basket of dirty laundry!!!</div>
April 7th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Destany's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sorry at all my births weren't taped. I don't blame you for not wanting to be filmed, I don't blame DH for wanting that kind of souvenier. Is this his first baby? The "glamour" usually wears off once they've actually seen it, DH is in complete agreement about not taping. We have our precious boys as keepsakes, and the pics. I do have a photo of me right before my epidural and I look EVIL!!! The next pic is after the epidural and I'm laughing like a hienna, LOL.

The meanest thing I ever did to him was threaten to rip his balls off if he didn't stop telling me to calm down. Oh and I slapped the nurse because she wouldn't stop adjusting my bed during a really bad contraction... If I had that on tape I would be mortified!
April 7th, 2006, 01:10 PM
LOL funny responses you guys, that made my day.
This is his first baby, can't you tell? He wants to go as far as delivering the baby but he's seen worse than childbirth, much worse. He's likes blood and gore, he's taking EMT classes this summer So its not glamorous to him but probably will b funny...

</a>
</a>
</div>
April 7th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Super Mommy
I swore my husband would faint in the delivery room. He almost hit the floor when they put the IV in!!! He does not handle blood well at all!!! But, he suprised me... he did very good.

During labor-- pre-epidural... he got on my nerves so bad! I could not stand the sight of him. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him eye ball to eyeball and told him, " Do you see that window? It may be small and I can't throw you out of it... but I can rip you apart limb by limb!'' After that he didn't speak to me unless I spoke to him and it was, "yes honey"... "right away honey", what ever you want honey"

But, as far as the taping is concerned... Do what you are comfortable with. Not him or anyone else.... YOU!!!

One of my babies I carried in my heart and one I carried under my heart...

Remember... behind every successful mother.. there is a basket of dirty laundry!!!</div>
April 7th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
No way would I want to be video taped pushing a baby out. It's one thing videoing the baby once it's out and in my arms.
April 8th, 2006, 07:57 AM
proudmom3's Avatar Wait for it....
Send a message via Yahoo to proudmom3
i would/ did and will again video my births....its amazing. although i did have very easy labor and deliver without DRUGS. i slept with my last 2, up until the time i pushed them out. i have very high pain tolerance.

i am one of the few that say bring on the cam! my kiddos will have it when the get older IF they want to see it...

Jessica: 18
Jordan: 11
Shaelyn: 7
Drake: 3

MeMe to Caleb: 23mos

TS to Lynsey: 9
April 9th, 2006, 07:58 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that's so awesome carolinagirl!!!! i'm gonna tell DF that story later (not now, his son is here!). he was telling me earlier that when his ex was in labor he said something like "oh come on, it can't hurt that much" - she threw a plate at him! lol. normally i hate her, but that was funny
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

April 9th, 2006, 07:22 PM
MommieinNC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a video of Olivias birth....

I screamed for them to get the f*cking thing outta my face too...

Don't blame ya one bit!
April 14th, 2006, 06:44 AM
dawnk777's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had 2 c-sections, so there wouldn't have been a lot to tape. I really like the "right after birth" pictures that DH took.

Someone I worked with many years ago, took GRAPHIC pictures of his child's birth and then brought them ALL to work. Ugh. You know, we wanted to see pictures of the baby and his wife, but we really didn't need bloody crotch shots! I don't know why he didn't just pick and choose which pictures he brought! Mom holding the baby afterwards, would have been just fine!

The pictures of the actual birth would be fine for the family involved. I just don't think WE needed to see them. Way TMI!

April 16th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm lucky that I didn't have to worry about this -- no video was allowed in the OR. But, even if I hadn't had a c-section , I would have requested that my husband NOT take video of the labor and birth.

Maybe you can reach a compromise -- pictures only until after the birth.
April 16th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Super Mommy
Would just taping the birth be ok..? When the head comes out? My aunt didn't want to be taped but she compromised on letting then just show when he was birthed. I wouldn't want to be tapped at all.. lol.. so i hear ya!!
April 17th, 2006, 09:31 PM
*Stacey*'s Avatar life=laundry
Quote:
I swore my husband would faint in the delivery room. He almost hit the floor when they put the IV in!!! He does not handle blood well at all!!! But, he suprised me... he did very good.[/b]

My ex actually fainted on me when I was getting the IV, and fell to the floor with all of my cords stuck on his arm. That was a fun time.....and the doctors wouldn't let him stay in the room when I had the epidural
April 21st, 2006, 09:19 PM
gtsscott's Avatar Veteran
I can understand where your coming from too......

but,

I had hub photograph almost EVERYTHING in the birth and I wish I had a camcorder. You will never hear that first cry ever again and it is something I wish wwe had on tape.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search