Angry, fuming and am I going to write one heck of a letter to our governor

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
I never knew the pharmacy is not open on Sundays at Walmart. Well our stupid governor Doyle from Wisconsin. Who I call Diamond Jim Doyle. Can't stand the guy but thats not for this board and is only my oppinion. Not meant to offend anyone from Wisconsin who may like him as our governor. I'm just angry now. Well we got this new stupid law in place about cold medicines containin Psudephridine. It all was moved behind the pharmacy counter. Not sure how many other states got the same law. Well I needed some sinus medicine today. Was told take it to make the fluid in my ear go away. My ear has been stuffing up on and off for a while now along with mild pain on occasion. So I figured I needed a few other things at the store. So we go to Walmart. It's early afternoon. I go in the health care isle to find what I need. Pull a card off the rack. Walk over to pharmacy. See they are closed. Ask some sales girl on the floor. Is anyone around so I can buy this sinus medicine. She says pharmacy is closed. I said it's early afternoon. Don't know why they're closed. I said can anyone else get me this box. No. I was sort of loud as I was angry. Stupid Diamond Jim Doyle had to do this. I need a box of sinus medicine now. Not tommorrow. How is one box going to make a batch of illegal drugs. It takes more than that. I took that card and threw it up on some shelf in a fit. Go to the check out to pay for my other things. I asked the check out girl about the pharmacy. She said it's closed on Sundays. I said that is stupid. People need meds on Sundays as well as every other day of the week. All I wanted was some sinus medicine. At the moment I was having a sinus headache. It was making me upset. So I go back to the car to tell dh we had to go to Walgreens. That the Walmart pharmacy was closed. Got what I wanted I walgreens but paid more and got less pills per box. Of course I felt like a criminal. They made me show my ID and sign some paper to get my sinus pills. At that point I asked how many boxes am I allowed at a time. For future referrence if I need to stock up on cold medicine when the whole family gets sick at the same time. He tells me amounts like in amount of drug per pill in the box. But I think it came up to 2 average size boxes.
April 9th, 2006, 01:30 PM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have the same thing here in Texas and I think it's completely ridiculous. I think it's just something that makes everyone else's life miserable while not solving the pertinent issues.

And don't get me started on governors LoL ours has decided to put a large transportation corridor up through the entire state for a 10 mile swath of land where everything will be govn't run and mandated (hotels and resteraunts) and my house happens to fall in the stinking path

April 9th, 2006, 04:42 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
It is the same way here. They think they are making it harder on the criminals, but it just makes it harder on regular people who need some meds. The druggies are going to come up with another way of getting it. By the way, I have noticed that our Target has stuff out on the shelves that Walmart has put away.
April 9th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
The thing was a couple weeks back. They had the liquigel caps of Advil cold and sinus right out on the shelf. But the caplets they did not. When I needed more as I ran out. No forms of it were out for purchase now. Only cards to take to the pharmacy counter. I took some when I got home. It got rid of the headach. But I still feel somewhat stuffed in my ear. But not as bad as earlier in the day. So it must be working. Even at the grocery store they did not have much in sinus meds. Said they could not stock that stuff on the shelves either. That I had to go to a drug store. Even the pharmacist at the Walgreens I stopped at. He said this was a stupid law. As now it makes the pharmacist do more work getting stuff for customers that was once out on the shelves. Taking away from his real work behind the pharmacy counter.
April 11th, 2006, 07:12 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
it's the same in NC

and pseudophedrine is the best for my allergies!

they do it cause people use it to make meth. it is annoying, but at least there is a reason
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

April 12th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Brie
When they first started doing this in Ky I was livid!!! Our Targets do it too. A pharmicist told me the drug companies are in the process of reformulating the meds so soon they should be back out on the shelves. I agree, it's inconveniencing regular folk. And I've noticed that recently there have been a great deal of armed robberies at pharmicies - so you're right, the criminals will find other ways to get what they want. Grrr!

Feb. '06 Playroom[/url]
May 3rd, 2006, 08:20 AM
It's done because of the ingredient pseudoephedrine that is used to manufacture meth. It doesnt take much to start a lab. Would you rather have to get a card and show your ID as opposed to having a possible neighbor in your area with a meth lab? Around your kids? Just the fumes alone from those things cause more damage than you can imagine and without that key ingredient from the cold pills, they can't run their lab. I think I would rather pick a card and show some ID or even pay a little more.
As far as the robbing of the pharmacies goes...almost all are for things a little more hard core than some cold medicine.
May 3rd, 2006, 12:04 PM
I thinik it's all over the country,it's the same in Alabama. They say it's because people use some cold meds for meth labs, so everyone has to suffer. People who do that though will just find a way around this to. I suffer from real bad sinuses and it can be irritating when your feeling sick.
May 3rd, 2006, 02:54 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Its not your governor, its a federal thing. I got really upset with Walmart when they first started doing this because I didn't know. I am thinking of getting a prescription for sudofed because its a problem for me too. I get really severe sinus headaches and sudafed is the only thing that works for me. I would stock up on it to save me the inconvenience but don't want to raise any red flags.

As for whether or not this is a good policy, I think that topic would be better suited for the debate board.

Visit us at the Am I Pregnant board.
Are you trying to lose weight or get in shape? Stop by the Mommy Fitness board and say hello.

***Find me on Facebook!***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search