I hate my job - just need to vent

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2010, 01:40 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
I hate my job. Hate hate hate it!

They give me more work than I can handle. I have to work overtime constantly.

90% of my workload is redoing jobs again and again because for some reason, no one can give clear instructions. I do the job wrong, as per THEIR instructions, then I have to redo it.

For some reason, no one can give information all at one time. There is a little checkbox that says, "Is this content approved?" It's always checked yes, right next to the written-in statement that says "we don't have content yet, you'll get it later". Really, what good is it to open a ticket for a change if you can't tell me what it is?

Recently, someone complained about me because I work from home. "Is she coming back into work?" The reason they complained? I went into the office to bring people Christmas presents, and they felt like I had nothing better to do in the work day. Nevermind I gave up my ENTIRE Christmas vacation to work while everyone else was gone! Nevermind I brought you a gift! Next time I won't bother.

And nevermind that the reason I started working from home is that I lost several pregnancies & had to stay close to the doctor for my IVF. AND nevermind that the reason I still work from home is that a) I get more done, because b) my daily 3+ hour commute is now gone, and that c) I can now do your stupid jobs working overtime at night when my kids are sleeping - and I should be sleeping! - in addition to the typical workday.

I constantly have a knot in my stomach & am stressed beyond belief.

Thanks for letting me vent! I can't say anything to anyone I know for fear it'll get back to the workplace.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

February 11th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Super Mommy
that sucks and they are probably jealous....boo hoo to them. as for redoing work becuase they mess it up..yes its frustrating but you are getting paid for producing it so who cares. at the end of the day, you have a much better situation than they do (*hence the jealousy), you would be silly to let them get under your skin. just let it go and focus on yourself. and def stop giving presents to those ungratefull @$$es

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
February 11th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Hey lots of people are ungrateful and jealouse there also very mean sounds like to me you so a lot but still your getting paid its better than nothing but dont let it stress you out thats not good. Just focus on your kids, yourself and the fact your getting paid and I agree with supper mommy dont give anyone thats going to be that ungreatful a presant they should be getting you a gift.
February 19th, 2010, 01:25 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Thanks ladies!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

February 22nd, 2010, 07:19 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
((hugs)) Talk about some immaturity here. I can't believe how ungrateful some of those people are towards you when you cover stuff for them so they can be free! Are you able to have some say on what work you cover for other people? If so, I think I would be not worrying so much about those other people's stuff. They are just jealous that they didn't come up with the idea of working from home first. Just try to ignore them and do your best on your work and enjoy the time with your children! Maybe these people will wake up and stop being jerks!
February 22nd, 2010, 07:23 AM
VTmomma's Avatar Cool Momma
Hugs to you. I am also dealing with some crap at work.

March 2nd, 2010, 05:07 AM
Super Mommy
ironically me too...........i have never been a clock watcher but i am now.....not good

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search