Something on my mind

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Shannoni71073
This has been on my mind a few days now, so I thought I'd air it out. Sometimes it feels good to vent.

It involves my SO's parents. Right now all I can think is "Who do they think they are?"

As you can see from my ticker...we're expecting. The pregnancy was completely unplanned, but we were thrilled none the less. Reactions from both are parents weren't great, but for the most part, they've come around. James and I are not married, nor do we plan on getting married anytime real soon. We've both been there, done that, and will not get married just for the sake of our child, but will do it when we feel it is the right time.

Ok, here comes the vent:

Early on, his mother made some kind of snide comment about how this should be our only child. It really irritated me at the time, but I blew it off. She's very backwoods. She's also a very miserable type of person, you know, the type that never has anything nice to say, she's constantly just complaining about everyone and everything. I know she has a good heart, I see it despite all of her constant b#$ching. She loves her family, just has a hard time showing it. So, I chalked it up to her personality and tried not to let her invasion of our privacy bother me. Well, the other day, his father asked James if he was going to have a vasectomy after Brock was born. He said no. So then he asked if I was going to go on birth control. You know what? It pisses me off. First of all, the answer is, "Of course we are going on birth control." Secondly, how in the heck is any of this their business??? Who are they to have any say in whether James and I decide to have another child together in the future??? Why the heck do they care? The more I think about it, the madder it makes me.

ARGH!! :boxing:
August 24th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Janelle's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Janelle Send a message via Yahoo to Janelle
Yah that sounds pretty rude. It is your life (((Hugs)))

August 24th, 2004, 09:28 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You have every right to be mad...I would be mad too! (((((((HUGS))))))

You are both adults. It is your choice if you have more children. After all you two will be raising them! Sometimes people butt in when they should not!

August 24th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Squirtsmama
Im sorry shes such a witch :soapbox:
August 24th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's ridiculous. It's none of their business whether you have more kids or not, and especially none of their business if you are on birth control or not. Sounds like they need to keep their noses where they belong.

August 24th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Totally not their business! I would be furious!
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

August 24th, 2004, 12:29 PM
I Heart 4x4
That would piss me off too. How rude!!
August 24th, 2004, 12:41 PM
mom2one's Avatar Super Mommy
Just tell them not to worry about how many kids you have, you'll be sure to remember to NOT ask them to babysit as you wouldn't want to put anyone out or anything!!! And then say, see you're off the hook, don't stress now k?!!!
August 24th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Carol
Hmmm, you and James are gainfully employed and self sufficient. You don't rely on them for food, clothing or shelter. And they feel that your family size is their concern because....?

People can be such buttheads when it comes to other people's lives.
August 24th, 2004, 04:42 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I think that if it were me, I would say KMA!! What business is it of theirs what you do. I can understand them having concern for their son, that is natural, but to ask questions like that is a bit much. Tell them that when they can show you an example of the perfect couple/relationship to let you know and you will follow and until then buzz off!!
August 24th, 2004, 06:55 PM
zonapellucida
God I hate that!!!! HUGS to you--your fertility is noones businesss but your own! ( SO I KEEP TELLING PEOPLE!!!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search