Annoyed

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2010, 08:27 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I am really annoyed with my mom right now. She is upset with us because we are moving. She has never really been supportive of anything I have ever done in my life, so I don't know why this is bothering me so much. We are only moving an hour away, so its not like its another state or something like that. DH work far from home and drives almost 2 hours 1 way each day to work. That is really taking a toll on all of us. The gas money he spends each month ($600+), time away from the family, and wear/tear on his car. She thinks he should just find a room to rent and stay there while he works. Yeah, that would work to help with the $ he spends on gas and the wear on his car, but what does that do for the kids for me? The kids need him to be around. I could use some help once in a while too, I am tired of feeling like a single parent. I was talking to her on the phone Friday I guess it was and told her that I was getting ready to head into town to get some groceries. Never did I ask if the kids could come over. Well, she says that I could bring the kids over to go shopping if i wanted. Well I then go on to tell her that we found a place. She says, OH your on that kick again. Well, then you need to keep the kids with you while you go shopping so you can just get used to that. Um, its not like I asked her to take them. Its not like I have never taken them shopping with me before. She hasn't called since and the kids think she is mad at them now. I have explained to them that she is not mad at them and that she is just upset with me.

Anyway, I just needed to get that out.

Last edited by in_mommy; February 22nd, 2010 at 08:31 AM.
February 22nd, 2010, 08:46 AM
VTmomma's Avatar Cool Momma
You got to do what's best for your family. Plus this will save you money & your hubby will have extra time at home.

March 2nd, 2010, 06:17 AM
Super Mommy
she is very manipulative and narcissistic. sounds like my mom used to be. don't show her any reaction such as justification. just say something like its for the best for the family and the kids. say that it sucks that you are moving slightly further away but its what we have to do in this economic situation etc. make it v high level and non negotiable (you don't need her permission to do whats best for YOUR family). keep doing this in your life. if she uses guilt and threats like above say, ok, if that's the way you feel...... but whatever you do, don't get upset or cry.

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
March 8th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She is probably just afraid that she is going to see the grandkids a lot less but you gotta do what you gotta do.

March 13th, 2010, 04:05 PM
You got to do what is best for your family. 2 hours drive one way to work is not good. You stated some good reasons why. Sounds like your mother is trying to manipulate the situation for her benefit. Stand your ground. You and your dh both tell her this is what your plans are. Let her know when you's will be moving. Then just do it. She'll get over it in time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search