Getting Ready to Give Up

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Super Mommy
Hi everyone, first of all I would like to introduce myself. My name is Michelle but you can call me Shell. Anway I'm just about ready to give up TTC, this is our first month of really really trying, but we have been unofficially trying for 2 years.. I haven't gotten pregnant and I am really tired of nothing happening. DH is really wanting a baby now, and I do too, but I am so frustrated! On top of that I have pressure from my parents and family, they keep asking when are you going to have a baby? and come on hurry up...( my cousin has 4 kids already and she is only 20!) I feel like poo, I don't even think I O'ed this time I'm just giving up hope. Last week I was so optimistic, I was really really happy.. I haven't felt like that in a very long time, but monday came along, and BAM! I'm back to thinking about how I'll never get pregnant, how it's so easy for everyone around me ... Thanks for letting me vent

Shell

Celebrating our Third Anniversary![br]
April 18th, 2006, 02:42 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww i'm sorry!! i know that people always say you should try to relax and not stress about it, and then it will happen.

or you could do my plan. i d/l'ed one of those ovulation calendars and used it to figure out when i wasn't fertile and we'd have unprotected sex then. and even though we would have been happy to get pg, we didn't really want to get pg. so here i am, pg but i'm sure it happened so easily cause we we re just like "eh, whatever!"

good luck
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

April 18th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the advice! Yeah I think I do need to relax, I tend to over think things, maybe it's not the right time.. Well whatever I'm going to try not to think about it

April 18th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Shell!!! were here for you hunny come talk to us!!! If you are concerned you should make a Dr appt and tell them you have been trying and havent been successful and you are concerned!! They will look into it for you.

April 18th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks Kris I just don't want to bring anyone down on the TTC board. I love how everyone is so optimistic, and I feel like I don't want to make the mood in there sad...I think I have some issues to deal with, and I think I maybe in the process of doing so...Thanks for the support!!!!!!!!

April 19th, 2006, 03:10 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Thanks Kris I just don't want to bring anyone down on the TTC board. I love how everyone is so optimistic, and I feel like I don't want to make the mood in there sad...I think I have some issues to deal with, and I think I maybe in the process of doing so...Thanks for the support!!!!!!!! [/b]
Hey Shell,

Give the TTC board a chance too.. I've found them to help me through some rough patches when I feel down about it all ~ especially how it seems so easy to everyone else. (Feel free to PM anytime too!)

April 19th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Deena's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel your pain... 8 years of it!!! Oooooo do I feel it.. We tried, as I said, for 8 years, we did fertility drugs 8 times in those years..
Well, actually, at about year 7 we gave up trying, and just figured we'd never ever get pregnant. We started talking about adopting or fostering kids.. and WHAMMMMMMMMMMOOOOO... I found out I was pregnant!!!
James is now 2 months old!!! Miracles do happen.. and you will be happpy it happens when it does. It WILL happen.. just give up all hope j/k I know it's SO much easier said than done..

Good luck to you, and HUGS.. I'm prayin for ya!!!

Our boy, James!! Born February 18, 2006!! xoxoxoxox
April 19th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Kris I just don't want to bring anyone down on the TTC board. I love how everyone is so optimistic, and I feel like I don't want to make the mood in there sad...I think I have some issues to deal with, and I think I maybe in the process of doing so...Thanks for the support!!!!!!!! [/b]
Hey Shell,

Give the TTC board a chance too.. I've found them to help me through some rough patches when I feel down about it all ~ especially how it seems so easy to everyone else. (Feel free to PM anytime too!)

[/b]
Thanks!!!!!!!! I feel so loved ! I want to post in there, but i dont know i guess i dont want to show that side of me in there

Quote:
I feel your pain... 8 years of it!!! Oooooo do I feel it.. We tried, as I said, for 8 years, we did fertility drugs 8 times in those years..
Well, actually, at about year 7 we gave up trying, and just figured we'd never ever get pregnant. We started talking about adopting or fostering kids.. and WHAMMMMMMMMMMOOOOO... I found out I was pregnant!!!
James is now 2 months old!!! Miracles do happen.. and you will be happpy it happens when it does. It WILL happen.. just give up all hope j/k I know it's SO much easier said than done..

Good luck to you, and HUGS.. I'm prayin for ya!!![/b]

Thanks for the prayers! Your story has given me hope!! LOL I'm gonna try to give it up though maybe something will happen then j/k LOL

April 19th, 2006, 08:39 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Thanks!!!!!!!! I feel so loved ! I want to post in there, but i dont know i guess i dont want to show that side of me in there [/b]
I promise they are just as human as you!
April 21st, 2006, 09:17 PM
gtsscott's Avatar Veteran
Took me nearly 3 years for number 1!!

People were always saying stop trying and it will happen, stop thinking about it but it's hard.... you want somthing soooooo much that it consumes your every thought.

One day it did happen and now I have miss 3. Because she took so long to conceive I thought another bub would be just as long to get here so we didn't worry too much but did try.

I bought an Ovulation predictor kit and THAT month......the first month of trying I fell pregnant with miss 21 months.

Go to the Doc, get some testing done, buy a kit make sure your ovulating. Crossing my fingers for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search