Mothers

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2006, 04:01 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So my DF and I are engaged, and I am uninsured. He's in the military. He promises we'll get married soon (sooner than we had planned because I need the insurance) but he never delivers a date. He works like 70+ hours a week and is very stressed out. He's leaving the state for training in mid-June, and we're supposed to move by then and we need to be married to move where we want to go.

I told him to get his birth certif, he said he could use this military document instead. Then today I say "hey, you get off early today, let's go get the marriage license." He tells me that he has to get his birth certif and that he'll do it today.

There's more, but I'm too sad and frustrated for details right now.

So then I get an email from my mother (who is usually good) telling me how humiliated I must feel, and that I should get a job (i'm not working b/c i'm high risk and feel like crap) and move out on my own and that DF is sweet but clueless and needs to step up.

Everytime she sends me one of these emails (this is the 2nd or 3rd) I get to feeling really crappy and then I badger DF a bit more and he gets mad. Of course we saw a huge wedding party on our walk home today and I realized that @ this rate, I never get a "real" wedding. I told him this and he said that we could have a 2nd wedding in a few years since we were just going to have a quickie wedding this time. I told him that I felt like we were moving farther away from marriage instead of closer to and he made some obnoxious remark about how . . . I don't know - it was basically that if I felt that way maybe we shouldn't get married (which is his cop out for times like these).

So we got home, and I sat in the bedroom alone (he usually comes in to talk) for 20 minutes and then went out to the living room. He then went into the bedroom, changed out of work clothes and went into the other room to play video games.

I try to be patient b/c his last marriage was to an evil cheating **** (but he should have known that when he married her, another long story) and I figure he's nervous, but I'm pregnant! My last pg ended in stillbirth due to bleeding from a placental abruption! If something goes wrong before we get married, what am I supposed to do??

I hate men.
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

April 22nd, 2006, 12:07 AM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
I'm sorry you have to go through that appifanie! He needs to understand its time to sh*t or get off the pot! I am usually not one to suggest ultimatums, but in this case I would say its necessary. Tell him to stop making you pay for the sins of his ex, that is not your fault and not your cross to bear.
I hope everything works out for you....

April 22nd, 2006, 12:32 AM
xceptionalchic4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xceptionalchic4 Send a message via Yahoo to xceptionalchic4
On ur situation.. I dont really have any advice but do what you feel is best for you and ur child.. But I totally understand abut the mother thing.. Mine is the same way...

April 22nd, 2006, 08:15 AM
mrobinson
:dothugs:

I agree with the other girls.. I am sorry to hear your finance is being so insensitive ~ especially considering your condition.
April 22nd, 2006, 12:47 PM
i know! in all other aspects, he's great. i've dated enough s$#heads to know the diff by now and i've known him forever and except for this . . . he's great!

May 5th, 2006, 03:46 PM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here's my opinion--

First, stop talking to your mom about the situation. You should not be working in the state you're in!

As far as your DF goes... it sounds to me like he's just very, very stressed out. He might want to give you the wedding of your dreams, but feels like it's not the right time yet. It takes a lot of time and money to plan a wedding, and it's stressful! If he is working 70 hours a week, and you're high-risk and pregnant, I can totally understand why he doesn't want to do it right now!

I don't know... it's just a perspective, I don't know the whole story. But have you asked him why he's balking? Maybe he has a good reason for it. Men hate to be pressured, so maybe you should give him some space and let him decide on his own...?
May 5th, 2006, 08:10 PM
we got our license today - the shotgun wedding is tenatively set for wednesday. we'll have a nicer wedding w/ guests at some later date

May 7th, 2006, 08:23 PM
mrobinson
SWEET! Congrats!!!!!
May 8th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Great! Congratulations! I hope all your dreams come true.

May 8th, 2006, 04:33 PM
xceptionalchic4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xceptionalchic4 Send a message via Yahoo to xceptionalchic4
Congrats.. I wish u the best

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search