Haven't been here in ages but do have a huge vent also

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2010, 09:18 AM
I used to be pinkpercolator. Well it would not let me log in. So I re registered and am now pinkcoffeecup for now. So much has happened over the time. I left here for a while. Some other board was being so judgemental of people. Not allowing them to have an oppinion or view, on whatever the topic being discussed was. If they had a view different than theirs. You were called a troll. I figured I'd come back see what's going on here with everyone. The last 2 yrs have been a big stress for us. May 12 2008 mil passed. She died a slow death from cancer that reappeared suddenly. After being in remission like 10yrs.

Then from May 2008- August 2008. I was being harrassed on a job I had cooking at a retirement community. January of 2008 they made the supervisor of 5 yrs go. They wanted someone from Le Cordon Bleu to run the food service of this retirement community. They initially offer the position to one guy. He does not pass his paperwork we are told. Which I think was his drug screen. So they offer it to another guy Justin. He is young like 27yrs old and graduated Le Cordon Bleu a couple years back. He is errogant, rude and a pompas a-s. Thinks he's better than everyone. Don't ever say he's wrong. He'd get mad. He hated me from day one I think. I done nothing but be nice to him. He wasn't listening to resident needs or wants. He would plan menues he liked not what the residents liked. He hires a couple of new cooks. One guy was Allen. He was a loud mouth and very abusive to me. Verbally abusive. I was afraid to work with him some days. It came to a head one day he blew up on me. Demands I clean the deep fryer after lunch. It was still real hot. I said I never done it before. He just kept up on me. Finally I walk away in tears. Talked to upper management who does nothing. Tells me to talk to Justin. I did. He blew me off. It came to a head when Justin left his office open one weekend. Left my personal file on his desk. As it was nearing my review time. Allen snoops in it. Spreads rumors how bad my review will be and all that. I get back to work that Monday after my weekend off. What Allen did. I got furious. Go to upper management again. Said this is so wrong. My next step could be the Dept. Of Labor. They tell me they'd take care of it. But don't. A coworker went to management saying she heard what Allen did. That all these people talked about it. Finally they fire Allen. I figured problems over. I'm being told by people. Forgive Allen. He has a mental disorder. He was off his meds a while. I said not my problem. It's not right for him to take out his mental problems at my expense. Then one girl says Justin put him up to all of the harrassement by Allen. A couple weeks after Allen is gone. I get my review. It was the worst ever. Justin says he had nothing good to say about me but I come to work on time and don't hardly call in sick. He says I am on probation. That I will be reviewed weekly for like a month or so. If he likes me at the end of the week. I can work the next if not I'd be fired. Oh heck no. I felt I was a good worker. So I walked. Took my box of knives I brought in for my use. Since the knives they supplied were of poor quality. Grabbed my things out of my locker. Left. Did not return. Did not tell him I was quitting. So now he had no morning cook. He had to get his sorry but up early to feed the residents breakfast. Breakfast started at 7:30am. The morning cook had to be in at 6am. If you were lucky he'd stroll in about 10am. Go hide himself in his office all day. Then maybe leave by 4:30pm. Not coming out to the kitchen much to see how we staff are doing. Or to help out if we're short staffed or to much work to do on a given day. I filed for unemployment. Even though you quit you can't get it. Not unless you prove hostile work environement. I tried to prove that. Unemployment does not accept it. So was without a pay check for 2 months.

October 27th 2008 snag a job at the technical college cafeteria. Work is only part time. M-F no weekends or holidays. Pay is real good. 3$ more an hour than the retirement community job. Work load is not to bad. Find out I will be off most of summer 2009. As all of us will not be needed to work. As only the main campus building would be serving food. Someone put me on to applying for unemployment. I said I was told by my boss seasonal workers cannot get it. Same person said they will go on prior work you did that paid into unemployment. So I apply. They said I could get it from prior employment. I got 235$ a week. So indirectly that was my pay back for how they treated me at the retirement community job the last several months I worked there. August 2009 we were told we had to bid for our jobs. That operation and services were changing. Was confused. To find out they were cutting some food at the outer campuses. Changing from full cafeteria service to grab and go stores. So I along with 8 others were put on a displaced list. We work where needed till no longer needed. So for a while they sent me to the bookstore to work. Passing out books to the students. Then went back to the cafeteria. But downtown campus. Doing dishes till Christmas. January 4th went to work in the bookstore again during peak period of semester change. Had to rebid again for our jobs in food service. Find out I and another woman are still on the displaced list. They expanded food again at North and South campus. Those campuses did not have their grill and deep fryers removed. But not at West where I came from initially. Then a girl at west went on maternity leave. So I got her hours till April 16th. Not sure where I'll be after that. But heard via rumor that students told me. We will get our grill and fryers back. So that will put us all back to permanent work. I hope so. But heard with all the position shifting and changes. They are now short staffed downtown. Well in the rebid in January. They added a second full time position at all outer campuses. Which took 3 people from downtown for those positions. Naturally by union rules. all positions went based on seniority. I just pray and hope to stay working steady and permanent. I can't afford to be out of work again for any length of time.

Now it's nearing 2 yrs mil will be deceased. Well technically on May 12th will be 2 yr anniversary of her passing. Nothing is done with her estate or will. I am angry about that. Sil Lori has lived in the upstairs of mil and fils duples for years. Fill passed in December 2000. 2002 sil lori looses a full time job that bil Tim got her. That was due to lay off. So she milks out unemployment. Not looking for work. But finally snags a pt. job at a grade school putting up lunches. Pay is so so. She works 25 hrs a week at most. 2004 she stops paying rent to mil. Mil don't have the heart to throw her out. After mils funeral bil Randy says lets get the house cleaned out and in good order. Then put it on the market. That the sooner we sell it. The sooner mils outstanding bills get paid off and we can close out her estate. Doesn't happen. Summer of 2008 they cleaned out some things. Most mils and whatever was left of fils clothes were donated to some nursing home. For residents who needed them. Some furniture that was worn out was tossed. That was it. The weekend after Labor Day 2008. They have a rummage in the house. Don't make much on it. Mil had tons of collectables and antiques. They should of had a estate company come in and deal with the sale. They'd of made much more money. Then the week after the rummage. Niece Tara, her dh and kids decide to move in the downstairs where mil lived. They were on financial straights. Due to neice being laid off work. They figured living there they could get back on their feet. Since they did not pay rent. Just paid the utilities and helped out around the house. With yard work etc. Now they are doing ok. Niece starts a new job at decent pay. They find a larger house to rent with more bedroom space for their 4 kids. It's next to her dh's mother. Who baby sits for them sometimes. They will be moved out by April 2010. That leaves sil Lori upstairs who doesn't pay nothing to nothing. I guess 2009 taxes were not paid on the house. They were almost 4,000$. As I looked the house up. It's public information. Our city has all our houses online and what the taxes are, who are the owners etc. Bil Randy stopped over last night. Because our son fixed his granddaughters lap top that was broken. Since family does not tell us nothing how mils will/estate is going. What they are doing with the house et. I ask Randy what is up with all this. He is the good one out of the IL's. He said there is nothing left of the estate. Taxes were not paid and who knows what next. The city could take the house away. That he told the family the week of mils funeral. To not sit on this. Do something with the house right away. So dh is very angry with his family. That his mother wanted each of her kids to have something on her passing. That the will says share and share alike. Everything split with all 7 sibblings equally after her outstanding bills were paid. That has not happened. All of mils collectables are who knows where. They were worth over several thousand dollars. Do you all feel dh has a right to be mad. I think he does. The way I see it. Just settle up mils estate. So we can put closure on her passing. Move on with our lives. Because dh is not executor of the will. He cannot do or say nothing about all this. All I know is in April there is another hearing in court for the estate. Not sure what that will bring.
March 24th, 2010, 06:06 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Welcome back! I don't blame your DH for being upset. I would be too! Sounds like your inlaws are a mess, like mine. I hope your able to keep your job!
April 6th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Veteran
Welcome back. Some boards are rather hostile but why I don't know. Fortunately I mostly hang with the April 2009 group and they could not be nicer.
I won't say anything about estates and the family members who settle things to the disadvantage of others. Goodness, why is there always one or two in the family like that?

Last edited by josephinebowman; April 6th, 2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search