My dad's girlfriend....

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2006, 11:14 PM
Wendie
Hi, my name is Wendie. Usually, I vent on the Unplanned board, but this really has nothing to do with my baby so I decided to post here. My dad has a girlfriend. She is the most controlling person I know. And now, she is threatening to break up with him because he wants to move closer to me and my husband. She is jealous of the time he wants to spend with his grandson. That makes me so mad! Just because she has nothing to do with her family doesn't mean that he should do the same. Well here is the worst part of it. Tonight, the two of them got into a fight when I was sitting there. And, she tells my dad that I shouldn't have had a baby because I am not prepared to take care of him. I really got angry. First of all, my husband and I live on our, pay our own bills, and take care of our own son. It takes some real guts for her to say that I shouldn't have kids. Of her four children, not one of them has anything to do with her. Uh! I am just at the end of my rope with this woman. She is mean to me, verbally abusive to my sister, and bossy to my dad. Unfortunately, I can't say anything because it causes rifts between me and my dad. I am tempted to stop taking my son around his house because of her. She isn't very nice to anyone in my family. It drives me crazy! Sorry I just really needed to get this out.
April 24th, 2006, 03:57 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww i'm sorry!!

my dad has dated some crummy women too, but he's usually pretty good at listening to me when i tell him.

could you phrase it carefully to your dad? like . . . "you know dad, she really hurt my feelings when she said that. she generally isn't very nice to me, and i haven't ever been so hurt by someone . . . " that way it's not like "dad, your woman is nuts" . . . you know?
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

April 24th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
wow this sounds EXACTLY like my step mother.. ive been dealing with it for 16yrs now.. it sucks! gooodluck and i have no idea what to do as ive been trying myself now.
April 24th, 2006, 11:11 AM
mrobinson
Wendie

Family dynamics is so hard sometimes... I am sorry you have to go through this. I hope venting helps. I am sure your dad must feel bad about you being there and her saying those things to you.

April 27th, 2006, 06:29 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
If this were me, I would tell my dad that I would no longer be coming over to visit or bringing my children around any longer due to this woman and her complete disrespect for me and my children. I and my children do not deserve to be treated the way she is treating us. It is not fair that she acts this way to you when you want to spend time with your grandchildren.
Hope that maybe gives you some ideas on what to say to him. You are going to have to eventually tell your dad how you feel about her and the situation, because eventually you are going to blow up.

and here is to keeping the away!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search