I was watching gavin sleep and rage took over..

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2006, 01:16 AM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was watching gavin sleep and looking at the scar above his eye, and I touched it, and felt that he had a flat part on his skull, my son was in an accident almost 8 weeks ago, our friend was driving and ran a red light she was on her cell phone, i love her to death, and I dont blam her for what happend, but a part of me has this anger, that my son was hurt, he was rushed to the hospital with a fractured skull and bleeding on the brain, whenever I think about that day I break down and I get so angry, to the point I want to blam her so badly sometimes that he has the scar and dented skull for the rest of his life, I should be thankful he is alive, and I am, I just get so ANGRY and all these emotions run over, and I cant help but get angry with it I often wonder if I need to go to theropy and try to work through it, sometimes I wonder if I even have the right to these emotions.... is it normal for me to be so angry and upset...

I am not sure if this is a vent or nor but I am hoping you ladies can help me get through some of these feelings..
April 30th, 2006, 08:35 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
i understand ur anger 150% sweetie. One of the first times since liam was born, my bf and i finally go out together. Only to have to rush to the hospital a couple of hours later. My bf's dad had been watchin liam, when he liam fell and ripped his head open on a cabinet. I know it was an accident, but also know it could have been prevented if grandpa had pulled his eyes away from his precious tv for a couple of hours and actually watched liam. My poor lil guy had stitches in his forehead, and we spent the entire night in the er waiting for them to stitch him up. I constantly get remarks regarding the scars, and it pisses me off to no extent. My baby is beautiful no matter what, but people should really mind thier own business.
Despite it being an accident, i feel the same way as u. Be thankful that it nothing worse happened to ur lil guy!!! The anger will begin to fade eventually.. it takes time...I'm glad to hear ur lil guy is ok!

May 2nd, 2006, 07:15 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Your anger is COMPLETELY understandable!!! Any mother would be upset when her baby gets hurt no matter how badly when the child is in someone else's care, even her own sometimes. It will take time for the anger to go away. Accidents happen to the best of us when we are paying attention, and accidents happen when we are not paying the best of attention, as in your case. Thankfully your baby boy is ok now!!
May 2nd, 2006, 11:41 AM
carolinagirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
here's MY two cents...

First let me say I am so glad that your son is alright and you must have been a total wreck. (((big hugs))) Secondly, you have every right to be angry & upset with your friend. Your friend took on the responsibility of protecting your child. Her focus should have been on the road instead of her being preoccupied with her cell phone. To me that's just carelessness and absolutely 100% avoidable! We have so many things to watch for while we're on the road that we have to look out for ourselves AND others. It's the first thing they teach you in driver's ed - DEFFENSIVE DRIVING!!!

I am guilty too of yacking on the cell phone while driving, but I'm alone and it's never for very long. I hardly ever transport small children or babies in my car and if I do transport anyone's child in my vehicle my attention is on driving. There are SO many reports in the news about distracted drivers. In the state of NC it is illegal to drive while talking on the cell phone unless you have a hands-free set, but even then you're attention isn't 100% where it's supposed to be. Just yesterday my step-son was in a car accident - an elderly couple wasn't paying attention and unsure of where they were going pulled out right in front of the car my step-son was riding in. Thankfully he wasn't seriously hurt. Just goes to show a split second of taking your eyes off the road or being distracted by the radio, kids fighting in the backseat or a ringing cell phone is all it takes! You're so VERY fortunate that your sons injuries weren't any worse than what they were, thank goodness!

I think that you need to be open and honest with your friend about your feelings. Keeping them bottled up is only going to fuel your anger and resentment. I'm sure your friend feels horrible and has learned a valuable lesson. Good luck hon and hugs for your precious baby!!

GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ~ Amen.

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*
May 2nd, 2006, 12:03 PM
Regular
Accidents are accidents and all that really sucks, but a car wreck while talking on the phone is no accident. I would never speak to that woman again. She is ###### lucky she did not get charged with a crime as she is clearly negligent.
May 5th, 2006, 03:48 PM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Accidents are accidents and all that really sucks, but a car wreck while talking on the phone is no accident. I would never speak to that woman again. She is ###### lucky she did not get charged with a crime as she is clearly negligent.[/b]
ITA!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search