New and Frustrated: Warning-sensitive material posted

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2010, 08:57 AM
I am new to the boards, and yesterday, I read something that someone else posted that didn't make sense and was very hurtful to many of the ladies on the boards.

She had her friend come on with an update regarding a planned abtn that she and the hubby were going to have.

She said many things that didn't make sense. When people began to call her out on it, they removed the thread.

I think it is sad that she got to upset women who want to be pregnant so badly, are going thru miscarriages, etc, by posting her 'story', and yet no one was allowed to call her out on it and expose her for what she really is.

I do like JM but am afraid that I cannot trust anyone here yet because of things like this. Instead of exposing fakes, we have the moderators "protecting" everyone...but where was anyone when this girl posted such offensive material? She hurt a lot of people when posting in the DDC. I think she should have been directed to the abortion loss section instead.

I feel bad because I hate to point the finger and outright say she was lying, but at the same time, there were too many inconsistencies with her story...then she got super defensive.

How can I know if someone is offering REAL support or if they are a troll, if no one is ever allowed to question them? No one will EVER see the thread because it's gone, and that's sad. I think that all threads should remain posted even if they get closed, so that in the future, before befriending someone, I and others like me, have the right to find out about such person.

I know JM wants to be the 'friendliest place' but at what expense? Lies from other members about such serious things like abortion and losses, etc? I am just saddened to see how this woman just got away with everything because now new people or those unfamiliar with her situation will never know who she really is and may get hurt by her.

Anyway, I know it's kind of silly to vent about it, but I had to get it out there. Thanks!
June 21st, 2010, 06:24 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I just lurk on here but I know there have been times when people are called out and are banned for making things up. Even though I didn't read what you are talking about I would think she was reported. If not, report to a moderator about it and how it upset you.

For the most part though JM is a wonderful place and has a lot of great genuine people. I hope that this doesn't scare you away. Every once in awhile on different boards you will see drama on there but for the most part everybody gets along. I'm also sorry you were offended.

June 28th, 2010, 01:03 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I agree. Chances are it was deleted to prevent other from being hurt as well. Most of the time a reported thread is just closed, not deleted. That being said, without seeing the thread, my guess is that somebody reported it, a mod looked at it, and decided that it was best deleted to prevent others' pain. Threads that are outright offensive/derogatory/or spam are typically deleted for the purpose of keep this a safe a friendly place for all. The DDC's host/mod may have PM'd her about the abortion board if she met the requirements, it's hard to say.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search