some people have no respect

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2006, 12:24 PM
tiggers_best_buddy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok first off I do not mind Nursing in public, but come on if you are going to do it please do not unbutton your whole shirt so that I have to see everything you have. Not to mention the other little kids that she just flashed, we were at Macdonalds and this lady unbuttoned her whole shirt right on the playground,this one dad brought his child back in the restraunt to eat so that he did not have to sit there and try and eat with this ladies boobies and yes both of them flopping in the breeze, I understand the baby had to eat but come on show some respect for the kids that are not yours. I mean I have seen my friends breastfeed and not once when she was doing it did I see her whole boob while feeding the baby,also do they not make shirts that are easier to nurse in so that you do not have to pretty much take your whole shirt off to feed your baby. I am not saying that she should have went in the restroom or anything just to cover up is that to much to ask of someone?

Sorry I do not mean to start any problems or offend anyone I am so proud of our breastfeeding moma's on here you guys are my hero's cause I myself could not breastfeed.
My hubby said yes it is your right to breastfeed your child in public but it is also his right to not have to see some ladies breast while trying to eat his food. I mean she could have used a blanket or something.
May 13th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A friend of mine does the same thing, she just leaves them hanging there infront of everyone and feeds the baby. I have to admit seeing it didnt bother me that much because I saw it in a totally different light but I think not all people are comfortable with it so maybe put a receiving blanket over your shoulder or something just to be respectful.

May 13th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad that I was not there with my 6 year old son!

Forever in our hearts

May 13th, 2006, 05:42 PM
that was my thing she was on the playground with alot of other kids playing so out of respect for them cover up
May 14th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Wendie
I get upset about the same thing when I am out with my husband and son. I think it is perfectly okay for a woman to breastfeed in public, but there are laws about public nudity. And to me, having both breasts out and in view of everyone is a violation. Its not hard to cover up. I, unfortunately, cannot breastfeed my son. And, I think it is great that women do, but I also think that it is not fair to be exposing everything you have, especially to little children. My husband gets really uncomfortable about it. He probably would have went back inside. I think just putting a blanket over the other breast would have made it better. And yes, they do make undershirts that make it very easy to breastfeed.
May 15th, 2006, 09:15 AM
mrobinson
((picking up the popcorn))
May 15th, 2006, 11:17 AM
dontrellzmommii's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to dontrellzmommii Send a message via MSN to dontrellzmommii Send a message via Yahoo to dontrellzmommii
<span style="font-family:Georgia">I agree with you, Yes the baby must be feed but if you cant do it in private, do it in a way that everyone esle around you doesnt have to feel uncomfortable.</span>
May 15th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That just bothers me too! I breastfeed... I even do it in public... BUT I have one of those breastfeeding bibs that covers everything... up. That's what they're made for. Besides... I think I would be umcomfortable showing everything off. I just don't get people sometimes.
May 15th, 2006, 11:54 PM
I think what made it worse is that she did not have a bra on so you saw her whole breast
May 16th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Quote:
((picking up the popcorn))[/b]
LMAO!! Michelle you are !!

I am ALL FOR nursing in public, but if this woman was doing what you say then it was crossing a line. I don't necessarily believe you have to have a blanket over the baby because in most cases the baby's face and head conceal the breast (including mine and I am a 36 D right now), I am not brave enough to NIP uncovered but I have no problem with women that do---most can still mainain a moderate degree of modesty. There are nursing tops, but they can be pretty pricey (I have several and the cheapest one was 30 dollars!) so everyone may not be able to afford them.

Even as a BFing mother, I would be pretty uneasy about a woman carelessly exposing BOTH of her breasts...I mean, I know when mine are off the clock they want to be tucked away and left alone (just ask DH hahaha)

May 19th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Thelittlemermaid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a problem with a woman breastfeeding in public either, but women like her are the ones who give breastfeeding in public a bad rep.

I plan on breastfeeding this baby and will do it in public if I have to, but will also do everything possiable to make sure that I am covered up.

Thank you to Yvonne {Jaidynsmum} for the siggie, I LOVE IT! =)

May 19th, 2006, 10:47 PM
I'd rather be in Forks
I breastfed my son, and at one point, I did it on an airplane sitting next to a woman who was about 80. She was so intent on "seeing the baby" that apparently she didn't realize what was going on, because she snatched the blanket I had draped over my shoulder right off! Then I think she had an aneurism. In her case, it was getting what she deserved. My point though is that yes, I nursed in public, but I kept things covered up. I always found that it was easier to just lift my shirt from the waist, let him latch on, and then slip the shirt back down a bit. I don't see any reason I should have to go sit on a toilet in a nasty bathroom to breast feed my child - but I also don't think that the whole world needs to see either of my boobs! It's dead easy to nurse a child publicly without making a production out of it and acting like everyone else is the one with the problem.

May 20th, 2006, 02:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with most other people it's FINE to breastfeed in public and anyone who has a problem with it needs to have a reality check! It has been happening for forever and will continue to do so. BUT there is a place where a line NEEDS to be drawn!! I cannot understand how so many people don't understand this concept! The woman was wrong and should have covered up. WHY would you go to a PLAYGROUND to breastfeed if you were going to expose yourself so much I'm sure she wouldn't approve if some guy walked to the playground infront of her children and pulled his pants to do something that he HAD to do, even if it was a life and death situation. and it's not like it is impossible to breast feed and keep yourself covered....

</div>
May 25th, 2006, 08:34 PM
stefanieleale's Avatar Member
I agree, when my DS is born I plan to nurse and even in public if I have to but NO WAY am I going to give anyone a free show. My aunt had two babies and nursed them both and I have never ever seen her boobs she knew how to do it and always had a blanket draped over her so that no one could see anything.
I think it's rude to do that and especially in a place with other little children. I hate when people have no respect for others and other people's comfort level I know if my DH were there he would have been uncomfortable as well.

people can be so aggrivating. LOL

<div align="center"></div>
May 26th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think that having both boobs hanging out there when breastfeeding is uncalled for. You only need 1 boob at a time out to feed your child. JMO. I know that when I pumped I covered myself as best as possible when pumping in the car and such, and when I breastfeed this baby I will not let myself hang out there for the world to see. KWIM?

June 1st, 2006, 11:56 AM
soontobemommyto3
I would venture to say she likes the attention that she gets. Makes her feel like an exhibitionist . Probably turns her on.

I think it is over the top. I have no problem with NIP, I have no problem seeing a little boob while baby latches on. I do feel very uncomfortable with both of them hanging out. A friend of mine would just sit there with them hanging in the breeze when her baby was a newborn. It was way more of my friend then I wanted to see!
June 2nd, 2006, 11:16 PM
Jami_Michelle's Avatar Veteran
I have breastfed in public and been around other ppl who breastfeed in public, and never have I exposed both breast or seen both breasts exposed to do so! I agree ppl like that give breastfeeding a bad rap, how hard is it to use a blanket or bib!

1/2 </span> inches long!!</div>[/b]</span>

June 8th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok I guess im the opposite here. If both her boobs were hanging out then ok thats a little too much. But my baby is eating just the same as your baby. Does your bottlefed baby eat with a blanket over their head? Or do you take your bottle fed baby in the bathroom or out to the car to feed them?

I use a blanket sometimes but other times I dont. Its obvious when a woman is feeding her baby. If you are afraid of seeing something.....dont look

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search