Certain family members that I love but they pushed me over the edge last night

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Regular
I am not sure if this is where I post this but I got t get this out. Yesterday my sister and my two very active nephews came over. They were supposed to go over to my mom's house but mom had a kidney stone lazer the other day and she is having a difficult time passing it so she had asked my sister to maybe come next weekend. Anyway my sister came and she came over to my house. I had to go over to my aunt's house to meet with the home-care nurse and help with Meme for a few hours. Meme has been in the hospital for almost six weeks and she got to come home yesterday afternoon. So my sister offer to keep my girls and her two boys at my house. Well I thought that was safe since most of the time nothing happens but I found out today that is because I am there and the boys know what they can and can not do. To make a long story short they walk all over my sister and do whatever they want. There is no type of discipline. Just a lot of threats about we are going home if you don't behave etc.

I am over my aunt's house and the home care nurse is showing us how to hook the pump up to meme's feeding tube and how to take care of the area. My oldest daughter calls me over the cell phone frantic. At first I was sure what had happen. Sometimes she does tend to go overboard but after she told me what was going on I was livid. My sister was allowing her two boys and my youngest 7 year old run the house like they were wild animals while she was on my laptop playing on facebook. The two boys and my youngest daughter took two boxes of mac and cheese, chocolate powder, milk, and my coffee grounds and tried to make something on my stove with plastic bowls. Yes, see why I am so livid. She was allowing them to cook on the stove unsupervised which she denies but two of my girls (11 and 9) have the exact story. They even told her to get off of the computer and get in there.

Then she let her oldest son (8) on my laptop to go to sites that I don't even let my girls go to on the older computer. I spent last night cleaning my laptop because he ignore the warnings that the sites were unsafe but proceeded to go anyway. I had strictly asked the kids including my children not be allowed on the computer in the living room. There is a computer in the bedroom that my girls use that has parental controls on it and that is the one that they use.

And it keeps on getting better and better. My oldest nephew took the wheel of my 11 year olds bike but denies he did it. OK so why is the wheel off and the bike is upside down and the neighbor children saw you do it.

They were in the garage which is off limit because of my husband's fishing and tools are in there.

And the youngest climbed up on the entertainment center to the very top and grabbed my 9 year old glasses and broke them. My sister was sitting in the room next to the entertainment center and did nothing.

Finally my 11 year old and 9 year old told my sister that she needed to get up and clean up the mess that the kids made if she wasn't going to make the kids clean it up. She needed to get off of the internet and watch her children. Of course my sister thought my girls were being rude but in reality they were just speaking the truth. Yes, maybe they should not had talked back to her but she was making not only an unsafe environment at my house because she was too busy playing on facebook but she was not watching them.

When I got home they had cleaned up most everything but it was still a mess. The mac and cheese that the boys and my youngest has thrown all over the kitchen was cleaned up. The chocolate powder was pretty much cleaned up but their were traces of residue on the cabinets. My dog's leash and collar was in two pieces on the floor. They had literally gone through all of my plastic, glass, and coffee cups. Two of my good plates were broke. Melted plastic on the stove. Several games were out of the boxes and the boxes were torn up. The bike was in three pieces. The cat was traumatize because my nephew was picking on her. She was hiding under the bed scared to death. My youngest child and her youngest son (5) were near the woods close to the major hwy that I live off of and she had no idea where they were. My oldest daughter and I went outside to look for them.

So after we ate dinner she decided that she needed to go back home. And on the way out the door she was telling her kids that they were really good today. Ummm. Did I miss something here? Good? You call that good behavior? My youngest daughter is in big trouble. She is grounded for several days and she has to clean the house.

Thanks for letting me vent.
July 26th, 2010, 03:35 PM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sleepy Rat Rattery
OMG! I am in complete shock of what happened in your house! I AM SO SORRY! I would call her up and tell her that she is not welcome back ever again if she does not make her kids apologize for the things she let them do! How dare she let that happen in your house and sit on the computer and do nothing, then tell her kids they were very good. Could she have TOLD them to behave like that and was congratulating them for succeeding? Would she have a reason for encouraging this behavior? (other than not disciplining it) I just moved out of a roommate situation, the other family has a terrorist little 3 year old girl who would always beat up on my 18 month old and they would never tell her no or to say sorry.
The ONE time I MADE her say sorry she had made my son crack his head on table, she wouldnt and when I asked her why she said "because I want to hit him"
Is there any chance this could be the case with her?

July 26th, 2010, 06:20 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
WOW!!!! I can't believe that!! A person would allow their children to behave like that at another person's house, no matter it being family or not! I think I would be calling her up as well and asking what the heck went on!!
July 27th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Regular
I have to admit that I was shocked that she had let my nephews run around like this. We are still finding things that they did or put somewhere. Like this morning I discovered that all of my med spoons for medicine are gone. I had five of them. My daughter has a staph infection and I needed the tsp spoon for her medicine.

One thing is that she will not be here without me in the house because obviously I am the only one who makes sure the boys are not tearing up the house when they are here. It is going to be a long time before they come back here period. Second she is going to have to pay for the glasses that her son tore up for no reason. I don't have that type of money. I have been unemployed for over six weeks due to an injury and being terminated because of the injury and I am just now starting to work a new job so I don't have money to spare. Got to get the girls back in school come August. (School supplies, uniforms, etc) I have cooled down a lot since Sunday night but I was livid Sunday night. Thanks for letting me vent. It helped getting everything out.
July 27th, 2010, 03:13 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Has she accepted any responsibility for her actions yet?? I am still amazed at the amount of destruction that occurred right in front of her all the while she was on the computer or whatever. Not to be nosy or anything, but does she do drugs or alcohol and that is why she was not paying attention?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search