Does this make me a bad person?

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2010, 12:26 PM
honeybee82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well my hubby and I flip flopped for a while on having a 2nd child. We were so set on not having anymore that I had a garage sale and sold most of my baby stuff (Swings, bouncies, high chairs and some of the clothes, not all of them thankfully) and I was fortunate enough that a lot of my stuff was given to me by my best friend who is done with having kids and so I just borrowed the car seat and stroller and play pen kind of stuff. I still have a ton of clothes, my crib, mattress, rocking chair and changing table thankfully...b/c shortly after i had my garage sale, Hubby said he did want to have another child b/c he feels like our son should have a sibling to grow up with. So we are actively TTC #2 right now. Well a few days after my garage sale we found out that my hubby's brother who is 17 and his 16 yr old GF are having a baby and after some months have passed they recently found out its a boy. Well since we are TTC #2 I haven't offered any of my stuff, none of the clothes, the crib or anything like that...my inlaws are having to pay for most of the stuff for their baby since they cant afford the baby on their own. Does this make me a bad person for not letting them use my stuff when my hope is to be prego any month now? I have given clothes and stuff to friends in the past who's babies were like 6 months behind my sons age so its not like i have a problem sharing...its just I dont want to give her my stuff and not be able to get it back if i were to get prego soon.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!

July 26th, 2010, 02:23 PM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sleepy Rat Rattery
I dont think that makes you a bad person. They might be a little offended but if they know you are TTC I'm sure they will understand. DH and I just moved and were going to donate all of our son's little clothes (he is 18 months) but we decided to keep them. We are thinking of maybe TTC this fall. We have been NTNP all summer, we would love to get preg right now but at the same time we would prefer for it to be this fall. But if it happens yay!
So dont feel bad, there is nothing wrong at all.

July 26th, 2010, 05:12 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I don't see where you have done anything wrong. I agree, just let them know that you are going to be needing it.
August 4th, 2010, 06:26 AM
MommyHoney's Avatar Veteran
In no way does that make you a bad person! We did the exact same thing, actually. But it was #2 that my BIL ended up having. I'm actually scrambling to try and get my pump back from my cousin to let my SIL use it until i need it for our #2.

Thank you so much to Misfitinmn for my beautiful siggy!

August 4th, 2010, 08:22 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not at all...If you gave it to them, then you would have to rebuy all that stuff...I wouldn't either.
December 15th, 2010, 01:29 PM
KeriMomof2's Avatar Veteran
No this does not make you a bad person....
But If you are finacially capable and it wouldn't hurt to to re buy these things..
Then I would let them have the stuff sinec they need it more..
Plus it will give you a chance to et a bunch of new baby stuff which is always Fun

Of course if your like most and a dollar is really hard to come by then I would just let them know that you have to keep it for your soon to be bundle of joy ;-)
*Keri*I am a Co-sleeping ...Retired-EBF'er "8+years total"...No-circumcision... Non-Vaxing...Home-schooling/Road-schooling ~> College Student Momma, Who loves Blogging<~click to View O' and did I mention I am now a Avon Sales Rep ? www.youravon.com/Keri
December 17th, 2010, 05:18 PM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope I don't think so. You shouldn't be having sex if you can't afford the consequences. It's not your job to supply the items they will need.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search