had to cancel baby shower

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2006, 04:12 PM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to just cancel my baby shower today, I was doing our finaces and we cant afford our baby shower plus taking our son out for his birthday, and we have had his birthday planned for almost a year now, but I didn't know I was suppose to pay for my own shower, but apparently your suppose too... it wasn't even my idea to have it was my sil and a friend, but oh well, just thought I would ###### about it.... thanks
May 19th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Super Mommy
My friend organised all the games and I supplied some snacks and little prizes, but it didn't cost a lot. what a shame though as i'm sure you would have been looking forward to it.

May 19th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
ive never heard about paying for your own baby shower!!! My goodness. I hope they throw ya a surprise one! goodluck and im sorry for your crappy day.
May 20th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Deena's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awwwwwww!! You're NOT supposed to pay for your own shower!!! I hope too that you get a surprise one at least!

Our boy, James!! Born February 18, 2006!! xoxoxoxox
May 20th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it's true you're supposed to pay for your own shower, then me and my SIL got robbed by my sister! They must be throwing you a surprise shower - that's really how it's supposed to be!
May 22nd, 2006, 09:52 AM
whitlovesoak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to whitlovesoak
ya other people pay for your showers for you. baby showers, bridal showers, everything. i am sorry! ihope you get a surprise one!

</div>
May 22nd, 2006, 11:07 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
if you got to pay for your OWN shower then dang!!!! I owe a lot of people a LOT of money cause I had two big ones before I had my kids!!!!!!!!

honey .... main thing .... you give your son a wonderful birthday party and just try and relax and have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby ...

thinking of you.

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
June 7th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
i heard if its not your first, then you should host it yourself if you want one

June 8th, 2006, 04:30 AM
MommieinNC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it depends...

Some people say if it's not your first you should host... Others say if you are having a child period you should have one hosted for you... Some say it depends on the age gaps between the children, others say it depends on whether or not the children are the same sex, etc...
June 8th, 2006, 01:04 PM
gtsscott's Avatar Veteran
I've never had a baby shower

June 23rd, 2006, 09:23 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
I've honestly never heard of the expectant mother paying for her own shower. That's really weird, I hope you get a suprize shower as well!!
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
June 27th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I have never heard of someone paying for their own showers! Even if it's not the 1st. My best friend is a single mom having her 8th so I am throwing one for her and I am a married mom having my 4th and she is throwing one for me. Even though we are due only a month apart we are having separate ones though because I don't want my friends and family feeling like they need to buy for her, as well as I don't want her friends and family thinking they need to buy for me either. We are going to recycle the decorations and use the leftover supplies for the other one. I am preparing the food for hers and she is preparing the food for mine. Our showers are going to be pretty small though because this isn't our first children. We are inviting only close friends and family, not everyone we know.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search