I need advice on how to deal with my stupid family!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2010, 09:46 PM
dismalgrin's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to dismalgrin Send a message via Yahoo to dismalgrin
I guess I will post this here, none of the other boards seemed to fit. 2 years ago I lost my children to dfs because of a messy house. That alone has been a frustrating adjustment for me because most people will say that never happens, but it did to me and mostly because my stupid family kept lying about me and saying all kinds of untrue unverifiable stuff and then I lost my home so I went with guardianship to keep the peace until I can get back on my feet. My children are with family.

About a year ago my 14 year old sister came to us with the news that my grandpa had been highly inappropriate with her. No one wanted to believe it, but she had emails that would make any mother (or father) vomit if they were to read these. My grandpa got away with it because he and my sister live in two different counties and neither sheriff department wanted to pick up the case. It tore my family down the middle half siding with my grandpa and half saying he is sick in the head and don't want anything to do with him.

My oldest daughter is 8 years old and it has come to my attention that her guardian has been bringing her around my grandpa! To my knowledge he hasn't done anything to her, but it still makes me sick and I don't know how to go about making sure it doesn't happen again. The family is notorious for acting immature and throwing that whole 'it's not your problem because you got them taken away' line at me. But, I'm still her mom, and I only did what I did because it seemed the best decision for her well being. I care about my childrens' no matter what and I know there has to be an appropriate way to go about this. Any advice?

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center">
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter</div>
September 4th, 2010, 02:34 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I would be contacting your case worker ASAP! You can request that your children be moved as well. I am familiar with some of this stuff, as I was once a case worker before I had my kids. Are you in a position to be able to get your kids back? Have you completed what you need to on your case plan? I am not sure what state your in, but where I was, we didn't play with that sort of stuff.
September 5th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Maitri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take it your daughter's guardian is on grandpa's side? Perhaps you can petition to have a different guardian assigned?
September 7th, 2010, 10:14 AM
dismalgrin's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to dismalgrin Send a message via Yahoo to dismalgrin
I talked to my great aunt and she said that she made sure my daughter was not left alone with my grandpa. So, I guess that's good... it's just scary that something could happen and it would be out of my control.

I don't have a caseworker anymore, the case is closed. I'm afraid to call DFS on anyone anymore because I've had social workers tell me that I was just calling because my children were taken. But, honestly I've only called on issues that I felt were huge. And even though I don't think it was right how my children were taken I wouldn't wish my problems on ANYONE. It hurts to not have your children with you!

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center">
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter</div>
September 7th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
(((HUGS)))
As an abuse survivor I would call until I was blue in the face. I would also bring up everything you know.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search