I am furious at my cousin

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Back story my cousin and her husband live off of odd jobs and food stamps. They neither have had a job in 8-9 years, they have one child.They had a house and some how it was the bank's fault when it was foreclosed(somehow they managed not to pay for 5 years, something about no right of way), it's always other's people's fault not theirs.

I try to help them with money with getting her husband to work on my van, and her help me doing things around the house. This past friday I took my van to be fixd it was cutting off for no reason, turned out to be a hose leaking air, the part cost $5 from the junk yard and labor for 5 minutes of work $70. I know that it may of cost me more somewhere else but this is not the first time I have felt used. She told me it was going for their phone bill and next thing I see on facebook where they bought pizza for them and friends and went to a dirt track race.
I have to pay my whole family for every little thing when I am the one tries to help everyone out. I think what makes me mad is DH works hard, we have three kids and everyone thinks we have loads of money when we are struggling. I can't afford to help them out and I'm the one who gets called names.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

September 7th, 2010, 09:07 AM
dismalgrin's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to dismalgrin Send a message via Yahoo to dismalgrin
I totally know how you feel I have a sister that is like that. She uses everyone around her and sucks all the life, energy, and money out of them before moving on to her next victim. But, somehow she ends up the good one in the family. : ( I'm sorry you are dealing with this too. I ended up telling my sister I'm done with her, but it took a long hard road of her using me for me to put my foot down.

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center">
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter</div>
September 13th, 2010, 04:16 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
(((HUGS))) As hard as it may be, I agree with the PP. It's time for them to learn to stand on their own 2 feet.
September 18th, 2010, 12:26 PM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
Cut them off financially. Don't give them another dime. Take care of you and yours.
September 20th, 2010, 12:04 AM
demumbran0516's Avatar Veteran
I agree. Its time for you to think about your family. Your children and husband are what are important. If they cant make it, then they cant. You didn't birth her, she isn't your responsibility. Sorry if that's mean, but I have been down this road as well. Good luck and I really really really hope it works out for you.
October 1st, 2010, 12:30 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My SO's whole family, and even some friends are like that. We've been in many fights because of it, and he's slowly learning to say no, as hard as it is for him. People automatically assume we're loaded. But we are the type of people that you know, PAY BILLS instead of blowing it, so I guess that means we tons leftover cause our bills are always paid in full on time? *sigh* I feel your pain. Time to start saying no.

October 4th, 2010, 05:18 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
How are things going now? Any changes?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search