Boyfriends mom is still friends with his ex

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2010, 04:41 PM
3lilbabes's Avatar Veteran
And it drives me crazy! I have only said something to him about it once, just that I thought it was weird and made me uncomfortable. They were only together a year, no kids. They talk all the time and hangout. He and I have only been together 9 months but I get the impression she doesn't care for me even though he insists his family likes me. I'll leave her post on facebook once in a while trying to be nice and never get a response but if his ex leaves her a comment she's all chummy with her. His moms birthday was today and we wanted to plan something for her but she's going out with his ex and friends. Am I being childish? I was trying to deal with it until I heard about tonight. Part of me feels stupid for feeling hurt but I do feel hurt. Obviously they aren't going to stop being friends and I would never suggest to her they shouldn't be. So I don't even know what to do if anything. I can't see feeling like this forever but its nothing I can change. What do I do?
September 10th, 2010, 09:53 PM
us_four's Avatar Kristian... mommy of 2!!!
i dont think it is childish for you to be hurt. what does your boyfriend think about them hanging out? does he tell his mother any of you and his business? make sure he doesnt because you dont want his mother to go back and tell her. dont be insecure, you know who you are and what you and your boyfriend have. as long as his mom is not trying to hook them up behind your back i wouldnt care. i would laugh it off! how old is she? why is she hanging out with someone probably half her age? do you really NEED a friend like that anyway?

September 11th, 2010, 07:42 PM
3lilbabes's Avatar Veteran
I talked to him about it once. He really hates that they hang out and has told her in the past. She told him oh well... it didn't have anything to do with him. Which is over all true. His mom is 48 and his ex is 27. I did ask him not to say anything to her because I didn't want to come off childish. I guess I'm just trying to figure out how to deal with the emotions. I'm not concerned about him wanting to get back with her.
September 13th, 2010, 04:25 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I would be upset too! If it were me, I would just forget about her and move on. If she cant be civil to you then forget it. I havent had much communication with my MIL in I dont know how long. She made that choice by her actions.
September 18th, 2010, 12:14 PM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
It wouldn't bother me. My boyfriends ex is still in the picture. We've been together for 5 years and have 2 kids together. They were engaged for 9 years. She used to be apart of the family, so just because I've come along, well I don't expect them to cut ties.

If you're uncomfortable about it, maybe your BF needs to have a chat with his mother to let her know. But maybe she's not willing to let her friendship with the ex go.
October 22nd, 2010, 07:45 PM
Turtlesong's Avatar Veteran
I'd be uncomfortable with it. Most of the discomfort would come from her disrespect for her sons feelings though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search