Something I saw on thr weekend that still bothers me

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2006, 02:27 PM
mmsmom_25's Avatar Veteran
So over the weekend we decised that it would be a nice family outing to tkae the kids out to the farmers market for the day. All was well until we got in line for the cash machine. There was a lady in front of us with her son, and he had touched a button on the machine, she proceeded to turn around and slap him full force in the face. He starated to cry and she then pushe him out of her way so hard that he fell onto the floor. I think that my jaw had actually hit the floor because I could not beleive what I had just seen! My poor husband being the extreme sensistive guy that he is had to walk away because he almost started to cry. I was so at a loos for words but at the same time I am regreting not saying something to that lady. I am not looking for a response, but I really just needed to vent this one, because it really is still bothering me a lot.
May 24th, 2006, 02:29 PM
mrobinson
I'm glad you posted ~ I hope that helps!

Cheers, Michelle
May 24th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Dreamme2006's Avatar Veteran
OMG! That is insane, no child deserves to be treated like that.

Have you lost a loved one? Come join us on the grief and loss board! Click Here!
May 24th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Super Mommy
I am so-- sorry that you had to go through that. I would have totally lost it.. I will keep that child in my prayers hopefully someone will give him a better loving home..
May 25th, 2006, 01:28 PM
whitlovesoak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to whitlovesoak
that is terrible. and you know i am not really against spanking (lightly) but that woman was waaaaaaay over the line she was across the street and on the other side of the next line. i hate it when i see things like that. it makes me so sad inside. i have cried a few times over things like that. i wish i would say more what i am thinking as well. but then would it make a difference? or just make them angrier and take it out more on their children? who knows. it is terrible tho.

</div>
May 25th, 2006, 02:40 PM
dawnk777's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so sad. That poor kid.

May 25th, 2006, 04:56 PM
mmsmom_25's Avatar Veteran
we were right behind her in the same line. Thank God my kids were not paying attention and didn't see any of it.

I am not against spanking either (not trying to start a debate but a little tap on the but never hurt me) but I totally disagree with slapping a child in the face and then pushing him onto the floor when he starts to cry. I still can't beleive someone would do this.
May 26th, 2006, 05:32 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that's horrible! for a second i thought i read that she slapped your kid - yeesh. but still! some parents just suck. i'm glad your kids didn't see it at least
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

May 26th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think that that is uncalled for. I have tapped my DD on the diaper or the hand when it was necessary, but I would never hurt my child intentionally then push her for crying. I expect my little girl to cry when she is in pain, and I comfort her. KWIM?

I would have been horrified to see that happen.

June 2nd, 2006, 10:25 PM
Jami_Michelle's Avatar Veteran
OMG!!! POOR BABY, I would have had to say something!!! I hope she doesnt treat him like that all the time! But she prolly does!!! Poor Thing! and poor you for having to see it!

1/2 </span> inches long!!</div>[/b]</span>

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center"></div>
June 5th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
If she's willing to do that in public, I'm sure she does worse behind closed doors.

Me personally I would of confronted that women. Someone needs to be the voice for that child.

Learn these numbers:

911-free from any pay phone or cell
1-800-END HARM

[/URL]Renee
June 6th, 2006, 10:36 AM
whitlovesoak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to whitlovesoak
i saw a lady in our apartment complex grab her daughter by the ear and literally drag her up the stairs yesterday. then she pushed her into the door when they got to their apartment. i am so sad this goes on so much. it really makes me sick. and here i want a child so badly and people treat their children this way? they are not grateful and do not deserve them. i just want to cry.

</div>
June 8th, 2006, 02:23 PM
PrettyInPink#2
Oh my gosh thats really sad. That is so wrong to do! Poor kid
June 8th, 2006, 05:37 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is so sad. I am sorry you were stuck in such an uncomfortable situation with your children. I think confronting her sounds good - but I am fairly sure it would only add to her anger. If hse beieved hse was wrong, she wouldn't have done it in the first place. The only thing you could have possibly safely done is to follow her to get a liscense plate number to report her. Those things are always easier to think of in hindsight. Perhaps this wasn't your time to act & that it was only meant to get you thinking about it so that next time you see something similar - you already know what to do.

I am glad you posted. I think it is good to get that stuff out instead of harboring guilt. Guilt does no one any good - it is action that has effect & next time you won't be so shocked, you will be reminded of this incident & how you wished you could have done something & now you know how. (((hugs)))

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

June 23rd, 2006, 09:21 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
Awwww. Omg thats so sad I hate people who are abusive to their children or any children at that matter, Sorry you had to witness it! **HUGS**
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
June 23rd, 2006, 09:38 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
OMG that is horrible! I would have recorded the time and then talked to the bank about who used the machine at that time. If there is a camera in the ATM great, otherwise they might just be able to pull up the name. of course you might need to explain why this is so important so you can call Child Services.

June 29th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Destany's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know just how you feel...

About a year ago, DH and I were leaving a very busy parking lot and there was a hold up when this couple who had three very young children were walking across the pavement to the parking section. They had one kid in the basket, and two toddling behind them. One boy, looked to be about three, was wearing flip-flop shoes and he lost one of them. The mom was such an idiot, turns around and stares for a second with this stupid expression on her face. The kids went to pick it up, but the pavement started burning his feet. So she picked him up by the arm and drug him over to the basket next to her husband who'd stopped and was staring at the kid with the same stupid look on his face. She had him by his arm, at least a foot off the ground then she let him go and just dropped him there. He fell to the ground and started crying, so she picked him up like that twice more and dropped him again. By this time, the kid was really bawling.

The husband then picked the kid up under the shoulders, and literally threw him into the back of the basket, then slapped him on the top of the head. Several people were stopped and looking, including us. I coudln't believe it, DH was ready to get out and start hitting that guy. We had the kids in the car and I didn't want any trouble so I kept telling him to just go, just go, just go. I was also worried that we couldn't do anything for the kids, not really, and if we even said anything the parents would just go home and take it out on the kids.

The stupid woman just lazily walked over to the flipflop and picked it up, then carried on like nothing had happened. I felt so bad for weeks afterward and wished I'd have let my husband intervene. It's crazy how something like that can happen in such a crowded place and no one does anything about it. I still feel horrible about it to this day.
June 29th, 2006, 03:10 PM
MamaBx3
Quote:
Me personally I would of confronted that women. Someone needs to be the voice for that child.[/b]
Same .

I don't think I'd be strong enough to bite my tongue .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search