Dh doesn't want me too..

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Super Mommy
Ok I need to let this off my chest and would like some advice on what to do..

I was doing home health aid for this lady in her home. Well she got really sick and ended up in the hospital and got rid of her help.. the county is paying for hopsice nurses now.. well i want to go and get another job (I have been doing some work from home but thats been dying now for the last 2 months now) dh.. wants me to stay home and work on making a baby. Nice gester but I don\'t feel right not making my car payment and helping out with the bills. Plus we\'ve beenf ighting alot and I know it becuase we\'ve been spending WAY to much time together.. I love my dh but still cant be with him Every second.. your bound to run into problems.. well I went and filled out a few applications today and when i got home he was mad. He said if I Really want to work he wont\' stop me but he wants me to stay at home so things would be less stresfull baby making wise..

WDYT?
May 25th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I agree. I think working is a good idea right now.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
May 25th, 2006, 06:10 AM
mmsmom_25's Avatar Veteran
It sounds to me like it is more stressful at home than if you were away from home. I would go and take the job outside of the home, and think about working from home when you actually have the baby.
May 25th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Wendie
My husband and I went through this debate after we had our son. I wanted to go back to work because it was driving me nuts to be sitting around the house. He wanted me home for the first 8 months until school starts back up. My husband was working from home. We were together everyday for a few months. We drove each other up the wall. He had to go back to work in his office but I still felt bored during the day. I finally started looking until I got a job. He wasn't happy, but it ended up being the best thing. We were together too much. Now our son spends part-time in a nice daycare. And, we all get along much better because their is less stress. The extra money helps too I know there is a huge debate about working moms but I believe that being a SAHM is not for everyone.
May 25th, 2006, 12:11 PM
mrobinson
I agree with all the ladies (especially Wendie) ~ go back to work.

Staying at home and working is as individual as the person.. You seem like a person that prefers to work outside the home ~ that's ok! If you want to negotate/compromise with your husband ~ maybe part time to see how it goes for the both of you?

Good luck in what you decide and I hope you keep us updated!

Cheers, Michelle
May 25th, 2006, 08:06 PM
winnowill's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you should keep looking for work. If nothing else you could say because you want to save for the baby for when it gets here since it costs so much to have them.
I'm a SAHM right now and I hate it. Don't get me wrong I love my kids but I hate being at home all the time. The reason I'm not working is cause of some problems I'm having related to the pregnancy. As soon as I have this baby my butt is looking for another job.

May 26th, 2006, 05:30 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my butt is at home and thrilled to be here - i'm paranoid since i lost my one other baby @ around 24 weeks, and he's paranoid too even though it was a long time ago w/ someone else. plus, we're moving next week so i'm fairly busy . . . sometimes we're doing okay on money, but more certainly would be good.

if i wanted to work, i know he'd probably disapprove a bit, but if i told him i really wanted to i think he'd be okay. remind your dh that it's your body and you have a good sense of what's going on w/ you, and you know what you can and can't handle. tell him you appreciate that he wants you to stay home, but that you just can't yet.
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

May 27th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Super Mommy
<span style="font-family:Century Gothic">He makes good money we have enough for the things we need and extras.. but its just frusterating being here all day and having nothing to do. Theres only so much tv or so much you can be online, or clean or ect until it gets to be unbearable. So we talked about agreed that it would be ok if I got a FT job. He just wants to beable to spend time with me.. (He works odd hours and has off 4 days a week so he doesn\'t want to be home alone) I have been applying at a few jobs.. a couple child care centers so we will see what turns up. Thanks for all your advice.. and just listening to me rant. </span>
May 29th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well that's cool that he misses you and wants to spend time together

On the babymaking thing, I don't think a job would hinder that at all, if anything it would probably help since you would still have your sanity! My sister works with me at our store and it is a very physical job - she is due with #3 on 6/6. I have been telling her for months that she doesn't have to come in, but she insists and now before we know it, she is due next week! Working didn't even effect her pregnancy, she says it helps to keep busy! Her pregnancy was also an oopsie so it didn't effect conception either!

Sounds like you guys will be just fine!
June 23rd, 2006, 09:34 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
Quote:
It sounds to me like it is more stressful at home than if you were away from home. I would go and take the job outside of the home, and think about working from home when you actually have the baby.[/b]
Thats what I think too!!
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search