A close friends older sister. . .

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Ashley11
Let me start out by saying this girl, lets just use the first letter of her first name 'M' thinks she has all authority of everybody, thinks she knows best for every solution, and tried to tell EVERYBODY what to do. I'm 20 and this girl is about 3 months older than me.

We were having a debate on Facebook about the town I just moved away from. . .the topic was over the high school, half of it is 51 years old and half of it is 81 years old. I just recently graduated in May of 2009, and was miserable at this school. For the passed 30+ years SOME people have been fighting to pass some sort of request to build a band new school in a whole different part of town.

I simply stated this:
I have recently moved to the state of Washington (this school is in Idaho) and I am a registered voter, I am a graduate of 2009 and to be honest my high school career was miserable for me. I was a good kid, with alright grades struggling to graduate and get out of there. I hung out with very few, on received detention once, for being tardy to school over 2 times, never got into alcohol or drugs, but I was treated like a criminal each and every day. (by the people in my class, and by faculty) Teachers told my family that they felt I was mentally retarded at every conference, but they never thought to ask ME why my learning skills were so off, I was just more hands on than a visual learner. That's IT. Anyways my point is, I was miserable the 8 years I lived in this town, was miserable all three years of high school there, got treated horrible by classmates, and by teachers. If I wasn't registered in WA and able to vote in Idaho for this school, why should I help out a bunch of people who treated me horribly through school? Why should I do THEM a favor by giving their children a good clean school? They don't give a crap about me, and my own, why should I feel the same for them?

So after saying this, I got 5 harassing emails from class mates calling me an idiot and a horrible citizen for not voting for this to pass. I even got a phone call from a good friend of mine who was telling me her older sister 'M' was calling me a moron for saying these things.

Why in the hell is this 'M' girl such a chicken to email me or call me herself and be a real woman to tell me this herself?

Over my dead body would I ever consider helping people who made my high school career miserable, no matter how much I tried to be the nice person, I always wound up being every bodies door mat.

I don't think so. I no longer live in that city or state, so their issues no longer pertain to me.
October 15th, 2010, 04:22 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I don't get it. Do they not realize that you have moved?? If you have already stated that you moved, then I would just ignore them all, they sound rather immature. I know the feeling though of not caring to help those from high school. I don't think there would be a whole lot of people that I would want to help out either.
October 15th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Ashley11
Yeah, I don't know if they got it or not.

And I don't see why I should (if I could) help out their children when the day comes. If they didn't have the heart to treat me with respect after all I was, was respectful then I don't have the heart to help their kids out. I know it sounds heartless to some, but that's just how I feel about it.
October 22nd, 2010, 08:43 PM
Turtlesong's Avatar Veteran
I'd "defriend" anyone on FB who said that and let it go. You've moved on and these people don't deserve a place in your life if they react that way.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search