Please I need advice

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Jsalcedo's Avatar Veteran
So DH told me today that he wanted to stop TTC and that I should get on the pill. For the past few days all i've been doing is arguing and fighting with him because he's hardly ever home. He has a bad habit and I met him with that. I accepted it at first but now it really bothers me. Every night, he HAS to smoke with his friends. I know all four of his friends and I adore them since they've been there for us when we need them.
At first, they used to smoke in the house because we have a separate bedroom which we made it the 'smoking' room for him, but then that started bothering me and i just told him to do it outside. He respected me and now he does it outside but i feel like i dont see him anymore since i work during the day and he goes to school till 8pm. After 8, he goes for an hr or two to smoke and then comes home.
I know he's not cheating on me, and I know I met him this way and the first thing he told me when we first begun that it was one thing I couldnt change in him.
He also told me that Im young and that I need to get a life. He says since I stay home all the time and I start thinking way too much and that causes our problems.

The problem is that I have nowhere to go. Im not a street person and the few friends I have, work during the time im off from work. I considered a hobby and school but the problem is that school doesn't start for another 2 months. I dont know what to do, if is my fault or if is his fault for having accustomed me to be with him all the time.

what should i do?

November 22nd, 2010, 06:51 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Sounds like he needs to get his priorities straightened out. To go out once in a while with friends is fine, but not every night!! He needs to grow up and act that he chose to get married and being married means you spend time with the person you are married to, but his buddies!!!
December 25th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would agree that every night w/his friends is a bit much. Gently suggest that maybe he could cut it down to a few nights a week instead and you guys could spend some time together as husband and wife.

As far as finding something to do for yourself... I would agree that having something to do for yourself is a good thing Since he does have school until 8, you could find volunteer opportunities or babysitting for friends or whatever. Or you could search for book clubs or pick up another hobby. Since you're thinking about going to school and if that starts soon, that would be good

I am not inside your situation so as far as waiting to TTC that would need to be something the two of you decide together. It would be pretty difficult to have a baby if you're both working and both going to school!
I hope this last month went well for you. Happy Holidays!
Good luck and let us know what you've decided to do

Mommy to Briana - 10, Laura - 9, Kainan - 8, Sara - 6 1/2 , Andrew - 4 1/2 and Nathan - 2

I Love Yoli ! Ask Me Why!!!

January 16th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie_aka_Mommy View Post
I would agree that every night w/his friends is a bit much. Gently suggest that maybe he could cut it down to a few nights a week instead and you guys could spend some time together as husband and wife.

As far as finding something to do for yourself... I would agree that having something to do for yourself is a good thing Since he does have school until 8, you could find volunteer opportunities or babysitting for friends or whatever. Or you could search for book clubs or pick up another hobby. Since you're thinking about going to school and if that starts soon, that would be good

I am not inside your situation so as far as waiting to TTC that would need to be something the two of you decide together. It would be pretty difficult to have a baby if you're both working and both going to school!
I hope this last month went well for you. Happy Holidays!
Good luck and let us know what you've decided to do
I agree with her.. me and DF hardly see each other and now I just sit around and scrap book. its nice and it relaxes me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search