Work Work Work Work..

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2006, 11:04 PM
Super Mommy
Dh went to work this morning like any typical morning.. He went to punch in with his time card and its not there!! The Plant Manager basically told him.. we've had to make some cuts in employee's you don't work here in anymore! Oh and if you don't bring in your uniforms by Monday were going to bill you for them! No Notice.. Not eligible for un-employment.. ntohing!! He liked the job for the most part but the hours kind of sucked.. 3 12 hour days.. nice but 6am-6pm and work in 90 degree controlled temps. No weekends off EVER.. so maybe this is a blessing in disquise..! We've been thinking about setting up an at home bussiness working with landscaping and intertier design.. just playing around witha few ideas..! I'm just really going to miss that good insurance!
We have a fertility appointment set up and everything and doctors are so hard to get here tooo! I don't know if we should keep it and try and muddle through the bills until i get a job with benifits again or cancel it for now and hope to find somoene else.
June 5th, 2006, 06:39 PM
mrobinson
Hey Abbie! How's it going today?
June 5th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Super Mommy
Hi there,
Time will tell. We got out the house and went camping last night. Just a needed break to de-stress a little bit. Bank left a couple messages.. doesn't sound good. Have an interview tomorrow so pray for better times ahead. I can't complain though.. I'm very blessed with what I have.
June 6th, 2006, 10:26 AM
whitlovesoak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to whitlovesoak
i am praying for you! my dh lost his job a little while ago but now he has an even better one! with better insurance. it was a total blessing in disguise so hopefully it is the same for you and you can start up your own business!

</div>
June 7th, 2006, 06:16 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Wow, I cant believe that they would do that! How would he not qualify for unemployment?
June 7th, 2006, 08:17 AM
carolinagirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That was a dirty way of doing things, but try to remember when one door shuts another opens! Something better will come along... things just have a way of working out in the end. You & your family is in my thoughts and prayers!! (((BIG HUGS)))

GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ~ Amen.

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*
June 12th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks.. I'm feeling better now. Well he worked there less than three months so he doesn't qualify for un-employment but it sounds like he will beable to draw it from his previous employer. Just that way that company doesn't have to pay it.
June 23rd, 2006, 07:49 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
Awww, I hope things get better for you and your family, I'm sure something just as good if not better will come along, **HUGS**
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search