need to vent

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 25th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH and I have been married for 10 yrs. We've been parents for 7.
3 yrs ago we moved into our current home. he doesn't cook unless he has to when I'm gone (and even then he buys pizza many times) He doesn't do any dishes, and absolutely no laundry. we have 5 children. that's a lot of dishes, laundry, etc to do on my own!...

a few months ago, he introduced the Wii to our oldest 2 girls. They loved playing his friends Mario game. He knew we couldn't keep the game, as it wasn't ours...So, he decided to make it a Christmas gift. We haven't bought each other gifts for the last couple years... anyway... How convenient that he use something that he really wants for himself (he bought another mario 25th anniversary addition or soemthing like that) and was able to tie it in as a gift for the girls as well. Yes, he would have bought it for himself anyway but the point is....he was suppose to spend the majority of the money on Christmas this year because I paid for about 90% of it last year. ( We have separate finances ) So, guess what! the money he spent on the kids this Christmas was something he bought for himself that he is sharing w/the girls....and then! he put "to Daddy, Briana, Laura From: Santa"
the girls and I decided to make DH a book of 12 coupons for ice cream of his choice each month (not to exceed a gallon per month). I found cute clipart for each coupon ect. I got nothing! I know it's more about giving... I really shouldn't be so crazy but, come on...he got 2 Wii video games and ice cream for a year!

I don't know. tell me I'm crazy if you want. tell me I'm being selfish and to suck it up and "take it like a mom!" I just need some thoughts other than my own. thanks!!

Mommy to Briana - 10, Laura - 9, Kainan - 8, Sara - 6 1/2 , Andrew - 4 1/2 and Nathan - 2

I Love Yoli ! Ask Me Why!!!

December 31st, 2010, 12:15 PM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
:hugs: Oh lady... your hubby needs to GROW UP. I would be upset as well. Video games are not cheap and if he was able to afford two of them essentially for himself he could have gotten you a little something. I think that's real sweet that you made him those coupons, and he could have done something homemade as well. Ugh I just don't even know how you do it. My hubby is a clean freak and does his own laundry, I couldn't imagine having to do all the chores for a family of seven. Sounds like you need to sit down and have a chat with him and let him know til he starts helping out those ice cream coupons are VOID.
January 2nd, 2011, 07:30 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_piggy View Post
:hugs: Oh lady... your hubby needs to GROW UP. I would be upset as well. Sounds like you need to sit down and have a chat with him and let him know til he starts helping out those ice cream coupons are VOID.
LOL!! I like the ice cream coupons are void!! I do totally agree with everything Pink_Piggy said. He needs to grow up!!
January 5th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, he does. agreed.
as for the coupons being void...I don't think he'd care. he has enough money of his own to go out and buy his own ice cream... in fact, the coupon book sat on the floor in the living room for a few days before he picked it up and threw it on the top of his entertainment center. as for the games he really hasn't played much...mainly cause the girls haven't wanted to play and he's been busy with some family tree/geneology project

The majority of our arguments are on how I can't do it all on my own and that I need him to help out with the housework. he thinks he does his share in the fact that he's saving to buy our house. he saves a lot each month and he thinks that's enough
we're going to counseling right now....the counselor doesn't seem to know what he's doing most of the time tho...not happy. we'll see if anything comes from our next session...

Mommy to Briana - 10, Laura - 9, Kainan - 8, Sara - 6 1/2 , Andrew - 4 1/2 and Nathan - 2

I Love Yoli ! Ask Me Why!!!

January 16th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I completely agree with this other mommies.. It was really selfish of him.. Im sorry that you are going through this momma.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search