Look Lady... It's YOUR job... not mine...

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2006, 05:02 PM
MommieinNC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My personal vent has to do with a Walmart worker and todays visit...

My mother and I took in a secure digital memory card to have photos printed off... Walmart advertisers that they will print the pictures for you in One Hour or less...

Now... here's the run down of the convo:

Cari- Hi... I'd like to have these pictures printed off my digital card... There's about 40 on here... What time should I pick up the card?

Store Worker: You know... why don't you just do it yourself?

Cari- *points to sign that states digital prints from digital cards in less than one hour* Ummm... I have shopping to do, and I would prefer for you to do it for me.

Store Worker: Well i'll just come around and show you how to do it yourself on the machine... it'll take less of my time

Cari- *confused look* You know... I think you should get me a manager. I've dropped off my digital cards before, and NEVER had this problem with the photo center refusing to do my pictures for me.

Store Worker: Well... I guess we can do it... Just leave your card here... We'll put it in an envelope... Come back in an hour or so.

Cari- Ok... *hands over card* I'd like all my photos printed, but please do not erase the photos when you are done downloading them from the card.

Store Worker: Sorry we can't do that. We HAVE to erase them when we are done.

Cari- Thank you but no. The photo center has NEVER erased my photos before, nor caused this much difficulty with getting my photos printed from my digital card. I think I'd rather take my business elsewhere... *Gets back card*

Store Worker: Okay... whatever.

Ummm excuse me... But as photo center employees of Walmart, it's part of your job description to print pictures from digital cards for the customer when requested so they can shop and spend more money in the store while waiting. Sure, some people will want to do it themselves.... but I didn't and I had other things I needed to get done while I waited...

The store was not busy, henceforth the photo center was just about dead. (One lady was picking up pictures, another person was diddling around with the digital cameras)... So would you mind telling me WHY this employee had SUCH a problem doing what is part of her job???

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... if you're going to work a job... work it. Don't be lazy!
June 11th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That photo tech was a moron. My husband works for the company that designs the software for those digital development kiosks. They are not able to delete pictures from your digital picture cards for a reason. I let him read your post and he said:

"Ya know, I work my ##### off everyday trying to make these machines simple to use, yet employees can't seem to find the two brain cells you need to rub together to do the job right."
June 12th, 2006, 05:08 AM
mmsmom_25's Avatar Veteran
I would actually call back today and speak to a manager there. The same sort of scenario happened to my MIL and SIL. They called back the next day and she didn't even have to explain to the manager what employee it was. That is no way to run a photo lab.
June 12th, 2006, 05:53 AM
I did talk to a manager at the store... only to be told:

"well... Amber may just be having a bad day today, but i'll talk to her just in case"

EXCUSE ME??? So if an employee is having a bad day, that gives them the excuse and the right to be an arse to your customers?

I called and emailed corp this morning on it... Maybe they'll at least say "Sorry"...
June 12th, 2006, 05:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Whatever happened to the customer service? You'd think that "customer service" would be number one on their list. While I agree that protecting employees from undue criticism is important, you had a valid complaint and "she was having a bad day" isn't a very managerial way to handle it!
June 12th, 2006, 06:19 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Sounds like some of the crap that goes on at my walmart. I think I would have asked for the manager's manager. I had problems once when I got my dd's photo done at the photo center and I had to go up on the chain, but I ended up getting free portraits done for a while. I would keep going up the chain until you get results.
June 12th, 2006, 07:24 AM
carolinagirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
O-M-G! In the mood that I've been in the past week I probably would have jumped over the counter and knocked some since into the girl! *sheesh*

Whatever happened to Customer Service?!?! I find this problem at my local Wal-Mart too and other various places. I'm of the opinion that I am spending my hard earned cash in your establishment you darn well better get off your lazy duff and do your job and while you're at it would it kill you to atleast say hello and smile?!?! I get SO fed-up with people that are like that. They're there to do a job, not to give customer's a hard time. I feel like telling them "if you hate your job so much go back to school and get an education so you can get a job you would enjoy - in the meantime would you mind NOT slinging my stuff around". I would have given that store manager a piece of my mind too.. "Amber may be having a bad day" HELL BUDDY, I have bad days at work all time but I don't take it out on our candidates or clients I deal with on a daily basis - GET A CLUE!!

I really hope that by you contacting the corporate office that you'll make some head way. I'm sure somewhere along the chain that they'll take this matter seriously. I've boycotted places b/c of this very reason - if they're not going to respect me, then I am just simply not going to spend MY money in their store.

GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ~ Amen.

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*
June 12th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
geez, you wouldda thought she was doing you a personal favor by printing your pictures. There is no sense of respect to the customer these days. We OWN a pharmacy (down with wal-mart!) and that is the reason we are so busy, customers ALWAYS come first, and they are ALWAYS right, no matter how wrong they are. (Just kidding about the other part!).

Really, keep on perstering until they do something for you....
June 12th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Shelly0486 Send a message via Yahoo to Shelly0486
[size=3]<span style="font-family:Georgia">I hate lazy and rude people like that!!! Don't mess with pregnant women!

Too many ###### rude people in this world.[ /size]</span>

Baby#1 In Heaven----January 25, 2006
Baby#3 In Heaven----September 27, 2007
R.I.P.
(Mom) Carol- 5.13.50-10.01.05
(Dad) Ted- 11.06.45-10.04.01
I love you guys & miss you terrible.
Taleika Jean was born August 24, 2006 at 27.5 weeks along. Born 2.2 lbs and 13 3/8 in long
Taleika you are my Miracle Baby and you are what makes me, me.
June 14th, 2006, 09:54 AM
whitlovesoak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to whitlovesoak
that is so horrible. two of my uncles manage walmarts. well one manages and one is assistant manager working his way up. but anyways if something like that happened at their store they would freak out. they are there constantly making sure everything is running smoothly and is so clean. they are two of the cleanest walmarts i have seen (i guess it runs in my family we all have ocd and anxiety lol) but my point is i wish everyone ran their stores like they do. i have had problems with my local walmart and i tell them all my complaints and they bring it up when they go to corporate meetings so.... i will tell them for you ok? i am sorry you had such a rough time i would have freaked out too!

</div>
June 15th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
That was so rude of the girl at Walmart. I'd of been all over her. Then would of demanded the manager come over immediately. I'd of had this all settled in front of the manager with this girl. Saying wth is with her she can't not delete my pictures off the memory chip. And if this girl is having a bad day. It's not ok for her to take it out on the customers. Then I'd be on the phone with the corporate offices complaining big time. Did that about Arby's restaurant. Well they were doing 2 for 4$ on fish sandwiches during lent a couple years back. Dh sends our son in to get some sandwiches. They tell our teen son there is no 2 for 4$. Yet the commercial just aired on tv before they left the house. And there was some poster hanging up about the sale. Yet they insist the sale is not on. I wrote to corporate offices. They applogized and sent me coupons for 3 free value meals.
June 18th, 2006, 10:49 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really don't get the "bad day"...

I have had bad days working cust.serv. jobs before...I may not have been as smily & chipper, but I didn't catch an attck of being a "lazy pain in the *****". Bad day is no excuse to refuse to do you a service that is generlaly provided & then to argue with you the finer points in an attempt to make you want to do it yourself to ensure it is handled properly (which I think is EXACTLY why she said she would have to delete your pics).

Some peopel should NEVER be hired to do customer service. You can truly see the difference when you run across someone that is GOOD at it. I haven't always LOVED the jobs I have had - but I am of the mindset that I should enjoy whatever aspects of it I can & have as good a time doing it as possible. People with those attitudes only make the job harder on themselves because they cause others to react to them poorly & subsequently hate their job more becasue of it.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

June 18th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Ya know... I haven't heard a single word from ANYONE since I called and complained... Not a call back, not an email back... not a I'm sorry... nothing!!
June 18th, 2006, 04:01 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Mayeb you ought to contact them again...maybe meail themall of our responses....tell them what we ALL think about your treatment. Maybe that will get a response once they know you are spreading the word.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

June 22nd, 2006, 12:01 AM
Brittany_Daile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I'm really sorry that happened, but I wouldn't hold my breath for an apology. I worked at Walmart for one summer, and it is literally the worst store on the planet. Employees have to keep track of their hours, even though there is an automated time clock, because they delete hours off! And the manager wouldn't give us our breaks, and told me I wasn't allowed to shut off my lane to go to the bathroom EVEN THOUGH I WORKED A NINE HOUR SHIFT WITH NO BREAKS!!

Sorry, I guess I needed to vent too

</div>
June 22nd, 2006, 10:02 AM
M4NE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
People like the photo lab girl make me so MAD!! How hard is it to be polite?!?!?!?!?!??! If you aren't happy with your job, then find something you enjoy doing, but don't take your "bad day" out on the customer!!! I had a similar situation happen at an Applebee's......The resturant had just opened and I was all excited b/c it was on the side of town closer to my house, no more driving across town to have my Chicken Fingers and Riblets!!! Well, I got a bit worried when it took the hostess 5 MINUTES to even take down our name, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt...It was a new place, she hadn't been working there long, YADA, YADA. But then we had the waitress from Hades.......She was extremely rude and I saw her standing against the wall with her arms crossed while I had to flag down a DIFFERENT waitress just to get a drink refill. I spoke to the manager and he gave us a new waitress, but I think from now on I'll drive across town to the Applebee's where the service is good!! I hope that you get some type of response from Wal-Mart!!! That type of behavior is just ridiculus and uncalled for!!

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>
June 22nd, 2006, 11:52 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
Well I myself work at a Supermarket here in Nova Scotia (a little different) but I'm a Cashier and I deal with the public on a regular basis, like a lot of people out there. I cant imagine even dreaming of not only doing what a customer requests and what we offer, but being sO rude to the customer without feeling totaly guilty and on top of that being fired!! Wow... I seriously cant believe a place like Wal-Mart has such a negative person employed there!! Especially working with the public, I defintely would have went to the manager of the store!!
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search