i cant sleep without dh home...

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2004, 08:24 PM
Ma2RayPooh
OK-Justin works from 3pm-11-1130pm and some nights since he is military he is stuck there a little longer. Well, I have gotten myself into this horrible habit of staying awake for him at night. I have a hard time waking up in the AM and well he is leaving for two weeks this month for school. So what the heck am I going to do then???!!!! LOL I am dead tired but cant fall asleep. Lastnight I tried turning off the tv and all I did was lay there awake! GRRRR When dh came in he said he was going to go work in the garge for a while which is ok b/c i know he needs to wind down after working all night. But even though he isnt in bed with me I can still go to sleep just knowing he is in the house. :soapbox: it makes me mad. i usually dont have any problems with sleeping, lol ask twinsmom she is always jealous that I can lay down in the middle of the day and take a nap if I want to. She cant do that. Anyway, anyone else have this problem or am I just a weirdo?!
September 1st, 2004, 08:29 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG!!!! This is me to the "T". Jeramie works from 2-11pm. Like your DH sometimes he has to stay late b/c he works at a hospital. I try going to sleep when he's not there but I just lie in bed tossing and turning. Then when he gets home its like a magic sleeping pill and I can fall asleep. Like you he doesn't even need to be in bed with me. It drives me nuts! Its so hard to get up at 6-7am with Tyler because by the time he gets home and we chit chat for a bit it is late, usually midnight at the latest. I wish we could sleep but I'm glad I'm not the only one that needs magic DH sleeping dust. lol

September 1st, 2004, 08:29 PM
Janelle's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Janelle Send a message via Yahoo to Janelle
HUGSSSSS I always do that . I have to be up at 6 now for work and I cannot go to sleep until dh is home. I stayed up till 1 this morning waiting for him. Then had to get up at 6 oh boy I am tired lol. Good luck and I always slept with a light on and the dog when dh was gone for NTC, it made me feel a bit safer.

September 1st, 2004, 09:06 PM
ranidae
I used to be like this but after 4+yrs of Jon being in the Marines I finally had to train myself to sleep with him not home. He spent 8 months on a 24 on-24off scheduel and it just about killed me. It took about 4 weeks of forcing myself to lay down in bed and stay there, no light no tv. It is kinda like teaching your kid to sleep in their own bed LOL.

Of course I should get off my :soapbox: because I got back into the habit since he has been out LOL. He works 3-12 now and mainly because I cant seem to get him to remember his house keys (he doesnt drive he carpools with a guy that drives right by our house) I cant sleep till he gets home due to having to leave the door unlocked.
September 1st, 2004, 09:46 PM
Carol
I have always been like that to a point. Dh always worked 2nd shift or a weird shift where he got off at like 4 am or so. I would stay awake until he was home. As soon as I'd hear the car pull in, I would drop off to sleep. I think it's that we worry when they aren't home. Once they are home, we know they are safe. When he got deployed after 9/11, I was a zombie for about the first month. I got used to it though, and now I'm used to it. He's not here except for a few weeks out of the year. I can't sleep in our bed, though. I sleep on the couch every single night until he comes home. That probably sounds strange to some of you.
September 2nd, 2004, 03:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can definitely relate. Dh works 9-5 hours, but he occassionally has to travel for work and whenever he does, I have a hard time sleeping. I have a hard time falling asleep and then wake up a lot too. It stinks.

Quote:
I sleep on the couch every single night until he comes home. That probably sounds strange to some of you.[/b]
I think that is sweet!
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

September 2nd, 2004, 05:37 AM
Goodnu2003's Avatar Veteran
I use to be like that....Now that we have 2 children I need my sleep too!!!! He is working a weird shift right now and that is 10pm till 5 am.....Home by 6-6:30am Its nice b/c school started today and he was home to stay with the baby while she slept and I spent the morning with ds!!!

September 2nd, 2004, 06:00 AM
Shannoni71073
Quote:
Originally posted by Carol@Sep 1 2004, 10:46 PM
I have always been like that to a point. Dh always worked 2nd shift or a weird shift where he got off at like 4 am or so. I would stay awake until he was home. As soon as I'd hear the car pull in, I would drop off to sleep. I think it's that we worry when they aren't home. Once they are home, we know they are safe. When he got deployed after 9/11, I was a zombie for about the first month. I got used to it though, and now I'm used to it. He's not here except for a few weeks out of the year. I can't sleep in our bed, though. I sleep on the couch every single night until he comes home. That probably sounds strange to some of you.
Not strange at all....

Whenever James is doing his National Guard weekend, I sleep on the couch. It's the only place I ever get any sleep when he's not home. If/when he gets deployed, I'm sure I'll sleep there the entire time he's gone.
September 3rd, 2004, 01:55 PM
I Heart 4x4
I think I may be alone on this one.

I choose not to sleep without Randy being home. I like being awake when he wakes up in the morning, I enjoy getting him his coffee, etc. At night, he would starve if I didn't have a hot meal ready for him. Aside from that, it's important to us both that we talk to each other at the end of the day.

Now that he's going to be starting school, he will hardly be home. So I will definitly be up for him at night and up with him in the morning. I am a SAHM, I can go back to sleep when he's at work. I wouldn't think of doing anything differently!
September 3rd, 2004, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I absolutely have this problem! My husband used to be in the National Guard, and when he would go away for those two weeks in the summer, I could not sleep for anything. I am like you, as long as I know he is in the house or at home, I can sleep, but if he is gone, there is absolutely no way! I don't know why I am that way, but I have been ever since we got married.

September 3rd, 2004, 06:59 PM
MinnesotaMommy
I had the same problem, my dh works 10pm to 6:30 am during the school yr. and after i got used to it, i can sleep better by myself and he says the same thing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search