How could someone be so selfish?

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Stacia
My partner and I went out of town this past weekend and stayed with a good mate of his and his wife. They have a two year old that is being raised by DVD's and they announce that his wife is pregnant again. This chick was drinking the entire night and chain smoking. She actually said that she wasn't going to stop doing what she likes just because she is pregnant. She did the same thing through her first pregnancy and their little girl weighed barely over 5 pounds.

How could someone be so selfish? I quit smoking and drinking as soon as I found out I was pregnant. It took me nearly 10 years to get to where I am now. I did everything right and still had a stillborn after it taking four years to get pregnant. On top of watching her drink and smoke I had to listen to her tell me she gets pregnant so easily (first go both times). By the end of the weekend I really wanted to throttle her.

I know too many people that have been trying for so long and are doing the right thing, it is so unfair that a someone so bloody selfish can get pregnant so easily abuse her body and have a baby in the end.
June 13th, 2006, 07:04 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
I completely understand where you are coming from and I would feel the same exact way. Only........since I'm not pregnant....I probably WOULD HAVE throttled her! haha. It takes a lot of self control to put up with a person like that, especially all weekend. Good for you for dealing with that. I dont think I could have bit my tongue after the first drink or cigarette, we probably would have been on our way back home after about a half hour there! LOL. Just pray for her baby and pray that she will see what she is doing is wrong. You and your baby will be in my thoughts.

Casey

June 13th, 2006, 11:05 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
My partner and I went out of town this past weekend and stayed with a good mate of his and his wife. They have a two year old that is being raised by DVD's and they announce that his wife is pregnant again. This chick was drinking the entire night and chain smoking. She actually said that she wasn't going to stop doing what she likes just because she is pregnant. She did the same thing through her first pregnancy and their little girl weighed barely over 5 pounds.

How could someone be so selfish? I quit smoking and drinking as soon as I found out I was pregnant. It took me nearly 10 years to get to where I am now. I did everything right and still had a stillborn after it taking four years to get pregnant. On top of watching her drink and smoke I had to listen to her tell me she gets pregnant so easily (first go both times). By the end of the weekend I really wanted to throttle her.

I know too many people that have been trying for so long and are doing the right thing, it is so unfair that a someone so bloody selfish can get pregnant so easily abuse her body and have a baby in the end.[/b]
I just want to echo Casey's point about you being so strong!

Stacia, I don't get it either somedays... Somedays I could just fly off the deep handle ~ especially with her drinking.. AARRGGGHHHH!!!!

I would bet that good mate of your husband's might be seeing a little less of you while SHE is around, eh?
June 14th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would be so mad. I am not sure why people are so selfish. The lady that lvies below us smokes. I went down to tell her that that the fumes were making me sick and she got a attitude with me. She is supposed to be getting evicted.
June 14th, 2006, 09:34 AM
whitlovesoak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to whitlovesoak
oh i am so sorry you had to see and deal with that. it is one thing to drink and smoke while not pregnant but completely selfish and irresponsible to do it while pregnant. we have friends that got pregnant by "accident" (every baby is a blessing) and the wife still did ecstasy and shrooms one time even after she knew for a fact she was. i mean i know she quit eventually but i was still soo mad when i found out she still did it once. you are strong to have not smacked her in the face right then and there! jsut pray for her and her baby!

</div>
June 21st, 2006, 08:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hate when I hear about ppl doing that sorta thing to a little baby too. I seriously would not have stayed the whole time, and if I had I probably would have yelled at her quite a bit. I hope that her baby is ok though.

June 21st, 2006, 11:48 PM
Brittany_Daile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate that, too. A girl I knew in high school got pregnant a few weeks before I did, and when I asked about her smoking she said "the doctor said not to quit, it will stress the baby"!! OMG, I so wanted to smack her right then!! And the sad thing is she had had a miscarriage before because of her behavior (smoking, drinking, and doing drugs) but that didn't stop her from doing it again! I just stopped talking to her, because I couldn't stand seeing what she was doing to her baby, and imagining how much worse it would be once the baby was born.

And to all you ladies still trying for your miracle, I'll keep you in my prayers, and send some baby dust your way!!

</div>
June 23rd, 2006, 12:59 AM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
what a b!tch!! Holy god.. That's one thing I cannot stand, seeing a pregnant women smoking or drinking alcohol! And it really is sad because you're right, it happans that the woman who immediately starts taking care of their body and doing everything they can to give birth to a healthy baby end up in your situation (my mother was there twice) And then theres people who couldnt give a rat's ***** about their child and abuse their body and their unborn child. I'm sorry but this topic has got me completely upset. :| I COMPLTELY get where your coming from
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search