Dang Neighboors

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I will give some history first. We rent a 2nd floor apartment. Its a house that is it split into two and the garage was made into a apartment as well. There is a lady that moved in with her 3 kids a few months ago. I have had so many problems with her. At first I thought she was nice. Well when she first moved in they brought a u-hual around 8:30pm. No biggie... Then they moved more stuff in at 11:30pm. Big Problem! They were talking loud making alot of noise. Jay was waking up from it. I went down there and she said sorry right away and I said they need to quite down they are making to much noise. Well then I smelled ciggarete smoke on and off and then it got bad. I was pretty sure that was to be no smoking inside. I called the realitor she went through. The lady told me there was to be no smoking inside. So I went down to her and just saud about you smoking inside the smell is coming up to are apartment and its making me sick. She got a attitude with me. She said I have my own place and you are trying to tell me I can not smoke inside. She said it says nothing in my lease. She said well I guess since you are my neighboor I have to respect you. I wanted to punch her.

So I called the landlord and he said there was nothing in the lease that said she was not allowed to smoke. Well Later her told me that she is not allowed to smoke inside and he would talk to her. I did not smell anything for awhile. I started smelling it again so I called the landlord. At the time I had to use a nebulaizer for jay because he was coughing alot. I think all the ciggarete smoke was irratating his lungs and I made sure to mention that. I had to call him again because they were banging doors talking loud after midnight. She came up and got a attiture with me one day. She asked if she could hand pictures. She said she could hear us walking at 3am. Then she said I never called the landlord about that. Walking around is one thing but banging doors so hard that the house shakes after midnight is all together diffrent.

She is supposed to mow the yard and she does not. It got really long. We have to shovel the snow in the winter. She never got trash service and the trash has been sitting outside for months. I was just hoping the landlord would show up. Well he did on june 5th. He told he came to her give her a eviction notice. He was disgusted with the yard and trash. He said she had five days to get out. Well I am not sure if he gave her longer because its over a week and she is still here. Someone took care of the yard. but was using a flipping weedwhacker at 9pm and it woke my son up. Now they keep banging doors.

I wanted to say god bless anyone that read that whole thing.
June 14th, 2006, 07:30 PM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to let you know
i read it all

Sherilyn

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt
June 14th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HaHa thanks. I know it was a novel. 10:30 pm and still banging doors.
June 14th, 2006, 08:19 PM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do what I did when my downstairs neighbor took to blaring "eye of the tiger" at 7am before he went to class... practiced my tapdancing. You don't have to be good, just loud. Buy some cheap shoes or wear some clunky heels and just go to town. Dance for Jay and make a game of it. It's actually a good stress reliever and exercise. Bonus: play some loud and obnoxious kid music, preferably the same song over and over again. I suggest "rubber duckie" from sesame street, it really sticks with you for a while.

June 14th, 2006, 08:19 PM
double post...

June 14th, 2006, 08:30 PM
MommieinNC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I read the whole thing... and I symphathize with you....

My upstairs neighbors sound like a herd of elephants and the landlord could care less as long as the rent is paid...

She could be fighting the eviction notice, which would be a reason she is still there...

Blah... I hate crappy neighbors!
June 15th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a feeling she may be fighting it. It was so bad last night. They were banging doors so much it was ridicilous. I had enough. I am calling the landlord today and if he does not anything about it I am calling the non emergency police.
June 15th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If there is nothing in her lease that prohibits smoking, then she can smoke.

If you keep calling the landlord about every little thing, your neighbor will eventually hate your guts and think your are a whiner (and so will the landlord). And really, it is not worth it for you to make enemies of those around you, you never know when you might need them for something.

What if the shoe were on the other foot? Would you want HER calling the landlord or the cops every time your baby was crying at night, or you were walking around upstairs?

June 15th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
If there is nothing in her lease that prohibits smoking, then she can smoke.

If you keep calling the landlord about every little thing, your neighbor will eventually hate your guts and think your are a whiner (and so will the landlord). And really, it is not worth it for you to make enemies of those around you, you never know when you might need them for something.

What if the shoe were on the other foot? Would you want HER calling the landlord or the cops every time your baby was crying at night, or you were walking around upstairs?[/b]

Actually she is not allowed to smoke inside. It says in the lease NO SMOKING! First off I only called a few times. Banging doors over and over at night is just plain rude. I think I have every right to call and complain if she is banging doors at flipping 2am. Did you not read the part where She is GETTING EVICTED! I have done nothing but respected her. I do not have the tv loud at night or make noise. Walking is one thing. I do not let my son cry at night. Event though she has been nothing but disrepectful to me I am still respecting her. There is more to the story then this. I spoke to the landlord about it. I have talked to her diffrent times about not banging doors. It did not get me anywhere. The landlord does not think I am whining and the only time I call when its bad.

I came here to vent you did not need to jump down my throat. Maybe you need to think before you type.

The landlords wife said that she is really mad at them. I know they are banging doors out of spite. There is alot more to this story that I will not go into. The landlord called the cops because the kids were left alone. From what I understand it happens alot. The mother had her daughter lie to the cops.
June 15th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
If there is nothing in her lease that prohibits smoking, then she can smoke.[/b]

Actually she is not allowed to smoke inside. It says in the lease NO SMOKING! [/b]
Okay, this is confusing, because in your post above, you wrote:

Quote:
She said it says nothing in my lease. She said well I guess since you are my neighboor I have to respect you. I wanted to punch her.[/font]

So I called the landlord and he said there was nothing in the lease that said she was not allowed to smoke.[/b]
Yeah, confusing.

June 15th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well maybe I forgot to add that I called the realitor she went through and they said it said it in her lease. I wanted to check before I even approached her. At first the landlord said it nothing in her lease but he was looking at mine. He was over at the apartment and told me it does say in her lease about NOT SMOKING. She was Lieing which she does alot of.

Quote:
So I called the landlord and he said there was nothing in the lease that said she was not allowed to smoke. Well Later her told me that she is not allowed to smoke inside and he would talk to her. I[/b]
June 21st, 2006, 08:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry that you have to deal with that. I have had a few problems with the people who live above us too. They have a tendency to play loud loud music until all hours of the morning, which wakes up my DD, and they also smoke inside, which makes our master bedroom, bathroom, and closet smell so badly that I have to stay outta the room until it airs out. I had really bad asthma in the past too, which cleared up pretty well on it's own, but this is making it act up again. I have asked the office to do something about it, but nothing ever changes. I hope that things get better for you soon.

June 21st, 2006, 08:55 PM
Super Mommy
Arg!!! I hope they move. I HATE rude stupid ppl.
June 23rd, 2006, 01:18 AM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
I read it all and that's really disrespectful of her.. some people :|
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
June 23rd, 2006, 01:45 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Even though the landlord gave her a 5 day eviction notice to get out, if she doesn't the landlord then has to take it to court, the whole process could take 4-6 weeks.
I am so sorry you are going through this with your family.

(((HUGS)))

June 23rd, 2006, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Do what I did when my downstairs neighbor took to blaring "eye of the tiger" at 7am before he went to class... practiced my tapdancing. You don't have to be good, just loud. Buy some cheap shoes or wear some clunky heels and just go to town. Dance for Jay and make a game of it. It's actually a good stress reliever and exercise. Bonus: play some loud and obnoxious kid music, preferably the same song over and over again. I suggest "rubber duckie" from sesame street, it really sticks with you for a while.[/b]

LOL, that a wonderful idea. Too bad I live in a townhouse and can't dance on the side of my walls
June 23rd, 2006, 04:54 PM
Stacia
Quote:
[Bonus: play some loud and obnoxious kid music, preferably the same song over and over again. I suggest "rubber duckie" from sesame street, it really sticks with you for a while.[/b]
I had a neighbour who once thought she had the best siginging voice in the world. She used to play the Celine Dion song from Titanic over and over and over and practise singing it through her nose about ten times a day. We didn't have a dispute with her but we moved. It was either that or lose our sanity.

Open up those windows, pick an annoying song and start singing!
June 23rd, 2006, 05:23 PM
Quote:
LOL, that a wonderful idea. Too bad I live in a townhouse and can't dance on the side of my walls[/b]
Gene Kelly, "singing in the rain" don't let vertical surfaces get in the way.

June 23rd, 2006, 07:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Muahhh haha I like your ideas. No more banging doors. Not at night at least. Though I am getting sick of seing the yard. It looks like jungle. I told my hubby that two rabbits could be humping in that grass and you would not be able to see them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search