No more babysitting for me

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
Last month i started babysitting for a French couple, they have 2 daughters, 5 and 2 years old. I only babysat there for 3 days because the place was disgusting and smelled SO BAD. The girls' teeth were black and they always wore the same dirty clothes. One day, the youngest had dry yogurt stuck in her hair and she still had it 2 days later Stupid parents! I quit after 3 days, they said that I could come later that week to get my money. IT'S BEEN A MONTH!! Everytime I call, either they're not there or they say: "We're leaving...".

Last week, I called and the dad told me to come around 7pm. I asked if I should call first to make sure they were there, he said no, that they were gonna be there. I get there around 7pm, NO ANSWER!

Then I had my dad involved, because I'm just not intimidating enough He called the &%#)@^, talked to him a bit, politely. My dad asked if we could come by to get my money ($60) but the dad said that he had alot of things to do (right!). So my dad suggested he puts the money in his locked mailbox, my dad is a postman and has the key to open it. So the ^&@&^$@)$ says sure, and we tell him we'll come around 1:30pm. We get there, no money in the mailbox (smoke starts coming out of my ears). We knock on the door, who answers? The new babysitter! The &%^@%$ is asleep because he works at night (wow he sure had a lot of things to do today!) My dad gets mad, tells her to wake him up or he's going to wake him up himself. The girl leaves, comes back saying she can't wake him up... :06: There was a police officer down the road so we walked to him and told him, but there was nothing he could do because it's not an actual employer with an employee. So he suggested we sue them...

Anyways, we put a letter in his mailbox, saying if they don't pay me in the 10 coming days, we'll take action. We go back there around 4pm to see if the &*@^$%@$'s awake, but nope. We talked a bit with the babysitter, she said they don't even pay her either!!! And she stays there? She says she needs the money... WHAT MONEY? :57: She said they said they don't have the money... Oh really? STOP HIRING BABYSITTERS YOU WON'T PAY &^@$)^$!

She told us to leave our name and phone number and she would tell them to call us back. Did we get a phone call? Nope...

I called last night and she said she has no intention in paying because when I quit, she lost her job because she had noone to babysit the kids ( ) Like she never leaves the kids by themselves, I had child services calling me asking if I still babysat there because someone called them saying the children were left on their own Anyhow, that was the last straw... I made sure I told her what I thought of them, swore at them ( ) and hung up on her.

You have no idea how pissed I am! Just freakin' clean your kids and I would still be babysitting them *(^#)^@$!

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)
June 19th, 2006, 08:46 AM
carolinagirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
IMHO - I would just cut my losses over not being paid and I would have called child protective services on them. Obviously they can't afford to take care of them, especially if they can't afford to pay a babysitter!! It turns my stomach to hear of stories like this!! Takes all kinds... good luck with this situation!!

GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference ~ Amen.

My Myspace & Yahoo 360*
June 19th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
I been there and won't do it again. This woman across the street from where I lived growing up. She had asked me to baby sit her dd on occasion. The first time she paid me. Then the next time I go over there to sit. I figure it's just her dd. Well all of a sudden there are 3 other kids who belong to her sil or sister or something. Says she'll pay you for watching her kids. Ha that was a laugh. I got 10
$ for staying till almost 2 am. With 4 kids. Then there was barely any food in the house. I think that night the kids got balogna sandwiches for dinner. There wasn't much of anything else to feed them. Oh sure there was cubboard full of bottles of booze. A bong behind the couch for smoking weed. But no decent food for the kids. The mother of the other 3 kids never paid me a dime. I said I'd never come back again. Not unless she paid me before she went out with her dh for the evening. So she agree do to that on the phone. I go over there. She says well I don't have the money now. You can trust me. I'll pay you when we get back home. I said no way. Pay me up front first or I leave. She said had no money till later in the evening. I'm good for it. I said no pay no sit for your kid. And your sil or sister whoever she was. I never got paid for watching her kids. Yet you all could go out on the town and enjoy yourselves. So I left. For 60$ I wouldn't even take her to court. It would cost you more in court fees than it's worth.
June 19th, 2006, 03:11 PM
yeah i know. i wont do it, im letting it go. Stupid people! Why do those kind of persons exist! There was nothing in the fridge for them to eat either. All there was was Coke and candy in the cupboard...

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
June 19th, 2006, 08:33 PM
AlexBebe's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes, I agree - cut your losses with the money - but don't let those kids down. Keep on the Child Services until something is done. Those kids can't speak for themselves. As a teacher I see the worst things everyday, but I also sit on the phone for hours every year making someone listen. I don't look at it as a job obligation, I see it as an obligation to the kids.

Alex

June 19th, 2006, 11:23 PM
lilbluedolphin's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lilbluedolphin Send a message via Yahoo to lilbluedolphin
<blockquote>
Quote:
Yes, I agree - cut your losses with the money - but don't let those kids down. Keep on the Child Services until something is done. Those kids can't speak for themselves. As a teacher I see the worst things everyday, but I also sit on the phone for hours every year making someone listen. I don't look at it as a job obligation, I see it as an obligation to the kids.

Alex[/b]

I totally agree with all that has been said. I have done my fairshare of babysitting and have been a live in nanny as well as being a preschool teacher till I started having problems with this pregnancy. I had a nanny job last year taking care of 2 boys that were 8. Their mom was a single mom who had adopted them. She was really desperate for a nanny and told me this sob story about how she had to fire the last nanny cause the girl had stolen from her and left the kids alone. She told me I would have a car to use so I didnt need to drive mine all the way to the east coast and she said I would have weekends off unless she was out of town on business and I would have school hours off as well. Plus she would pay for my health insurance. Well I very rarely had the car to use. She expected me to spend my free time cleaning cause she was giving me room and board and a car to drive. If I was still alseep and it was past 7:30 on a weekend she would have one of her kids wake me. If she was home and the kids wanted something she would tell them this is why you have a nanny go ask her. I spent the 4th of july cleaning her garage with her sons while she sat on the couch drank beer and watched the Yankees play. I wanted to have my dad bring me my car and she said she didnt want me to have a car cause then I would be going all over and wouldnt be doing my job

She was always yelling and cussing at her kids. She started hitting them in front of me, on night when one of them had forgoten to take out the kitchen garbage she grabbed the trash can and threw it at him. Then she told him that he was going to pick up all the garbage on the floor and anything that was left on the floor when she came back she was going to make him eat. The next day she went to hit them and I jumped up and got in front of them and told her I wasnt going to let her hit her kids like that anymore. So what does the witch do, she slapped me and told me to get out of her way. I called up my dad and told him I didnt feel safe there anymore and that I needed to get out there and that I needed to call CS and tell them what was going on. He wired me money so I could ship my stuff home and bought me a plane ticket home, and arranged for a car service to take me to JFK. I packed all my stuff up and took it to the post office while she was at work. It was one of those few days she had left the car for me. The night before I left I told her I had a family emergency as we were afraid of what she would do if she knew I was quitting. I called CS and found out they had been watching her for some time. Last I heard the boys were in a really good foster home somewhere.

Its a horrible situation when you have to call CS on someone. I wish I could say that was my first and last call. Being a licsened child care provide in Oregon I am required to report anything i see or suspect.

I would cut your losses, that amount of money isnt worth your time and effort. I would definatly call and report them thought. It makes me so mad here we have all these wonderful couples that want a child so bad, and you know they would give their children the moon if they could and then there are people like that out there that don't realize what a beautiful gift they have been given.

</blockquote>
<div align="center"><div align="center"></div><div align="center">~~Thank you Samuelsmommy for my adorable siggy~~</div><div align="center">~~Thank you Ragmama for my new blinkies~~</div></span></span></span></span><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
June 20th, 2006, 05:22 PM
I couldn't agree more Mommy Robyn. That is so horrible what you had to endure and what that psycho made her children go through

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

June 21st, 2006, 09:08 PM
Super Mommy
What horrible people!! I'm sorry you didn't get paid. Gosh I can't believe there are ppl out there like that. Disgusting!
June 23rd, 2006, 01:09 AM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
Quote:
IMHO - I would just cut my losses over not being paid and I would have called child protective services on them. Obviously they can't afford to take care of them, especially if they can't afford to pay a babysitter!! It turns my stomach to hear of stories like this!! Takes all kinds... good luck with this situation!![/b]
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search