Ugh I am done w/ Walmart McDonalds

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2004, 07:16 PM
Janelle's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Janelle Send a message via Yahoo to Janelle
Had to go to Wally world after work today. Kids and I both hungry so we stopped at McDonalds inside Wal Mart. While we are eating a little girl got sick behind us then the mom tries to run her to the bathroom and she got sick right infront of us. I understand this Avery has done the same thing. Well while they are cleaning it up...the mom is cleaning the manager just lets her clean it up...another girl the other side of us (out of view of the last) starts getting sick....ummmmm 2 at one place doesnt sound good. Ok stupid me says ok we will be ok...kids are not bothered I will not be bothered either. Well later on I was eating my sandwich and took a bite of tomato....it tasted nasty like rotten nasty....I spit it out and smelled it...it smelled nasty too. Well the manager was behind me cleaning up after the first little girl. Another customer tells her " you must hate your job" the manager then tells her "I would rather do this once in a while than be a parent" can you believe this right next to me she said this!!! I was thinking that was pretty rude!!! Well anyhoo I tried to pull the manager aside to tell her about the tomatos so I could save her some embarrasement and she refused to come close enough for me to speak softly. Tells me she is kinda stuck there at the moment. Ummm ok. I then tell her about the tomatoes and she tells me oh no I just opened them. I say um well you better check them b/c what had happened. She ARGUED with me....bad manager no bonus!!!! Dh wants me to call her boss about it but I am a woosie about that kinda stuff. Oh btw the manager didnt even apologize about my sandwich and didnt even offer to replace it when I tell her I cannot eat it. Ugh theres my vent do you think I should call her in????

September 3rd, 2004, 07:39 PM
threeboyznme70's Avatar Veteran
heck yes... having been a manager at a mc'd's in walmart .... you most certainly should call. That manager may have been busy, but could have told you to bring your sandwich up for a new one with no tomato. Call the store manager, the area manager and corporate! (actually, I think you can email corporate and they'll forward you to the store manager - hopefully that wasn't the person cleaning up the mess & being rude to you!

What a crock!
September 3rd, 2004, 07:39 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would def do something about it. If you dont call, maybe email or write cororate headquarters. I'm sure you can find the address on the website.

September 3rd, 2004, 08:21 PM
I Heart 4x4
:soapbox:

That is a safety violation, to serve rotton tomatoe's. If this were me, I would call not only the Wal-Mart and voice my complaints with the store manager, I would write a letter to the main corporate office AND I would call the department of health. You cannot have kids puking in a retaurant without fully cleaning it up, ON TOP of serving you rotton food. Newly opened or not!!

I would demand a safety inspection and at the minimum, a write up for that McDonald's manager.

How rude and how very unprofessional.

I HATE WALMART!!!!!!!!!!
September 4th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Definitely call the owner of that macdonald's!!! They need to know when they have "incompentent" (for lack of a better word) staff.
September 4th, 2004, 04:57 AM
Goodnu2003's Avatar Veteran
OMG if this was me I wouldnt have even left till I spoke to someone that would listen to me...I would have gotten my $ back....(I will say that)...As far as the getting sick yes that does happen but the service should have been faster and friendlier!!! Good Luck with what you choose to do....

September 4th, 2004, 05:07 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
sounds like REALLY BAD management and staff.

I would definately call and complain.....

Please do it so you can save others from getting sick from the bad food and for being treated poorly.

September 4th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yuck! I would definitely call. That is unexceptable IMO.
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

September 4th, 2004, 08:43 AM
ranidae
Definately call, as a veteran food service worker you should always listen to your customers. I dont care how bad a day you are having or how busy you are, that person in front of you is the one who is paying your salary. It takes 1 person to shut down a restraunt, that is it. If one person complains to 10 friends/family members about a restraunt and those 10 ppl repeat the complaint a restraunt can be shut down in a matter of weeks if not days. If a customer were to come to me and complain about anything in their order, I will first remake whatever it was. If that doesnt work, then they get their money back.
No Manager who is worth their salt would not listen like that or insist that something is fine just because "she" opened the box that day. You do get bad deliveries, and when you get one you are allowed to send it back and get a credit on your next delivery. I would say either she was "new" to the position or she just doesnt care. Either way I would definately be calling the day shift Manager today to let them know what happened and hopefully keep anyone else from getting bad food.
September 4th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ashley3303@Sep 3 2004, 10:21 PM
:soapbox:

That is a safety violation, to serve rotton tomatoe's. If this were me, I would call not only the Wal-Mart and voice my complaints with the store manager, I would write a letter to the main corporate office AND I would call the department of health. You cannot have kids puking in a retaurant without fully cleaning it up, ON TOP of serving you rotton food. Newly opened or not!!

I would demand a safety inspection and at the minimum, a write up for that McDonald's manager.

How rude and how very unprofessional.

I HATE WALMART!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately, there's nothing walmart can do about it. Mc'D's rents their space from them and are a totally separate entity, employees are not employed by Walmart.

I'm not a fan of walmart either, but this isn't a walmart issue!! The cafe's and snack bars are Walmart employees, but Mc'D's isn't

The most that a walmart manager can do is talk to the mc'd's manager which is something the OP should do herself!!!

just an fyi!
September 4th, 2004, 07:25 PM
I got the number for the person who takes care of all the stores in my town. They are out till at least Monday...probably Tues b/c of the holiday. I am definatly calling. Gonna tell them "We love to see you smile" ya right we love to see you B**F.

September 5th, 2004, 05:21 AM
zonapellucida
Valid complaint--rude employee's should be reprimanded. Call. And the health department too.
September 5th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't call...put it in writing. That gives you the opportunity to explain in detail what happens, with no chance of them misunderstanding what happened. They can't complain that you spoke too fast (as I always do) or that you caught them at a bad moment when they were busy. Then, at the bottom, put "cc" and list the county board of health and the McDonalds national office-- I'm sure you can get the numbers online. Send them copies as well.

I'm not going to win any points for this, but I like McDonalds. I would imagine they would want to reconsider the manager of any of their facilites who leaves them open to a lawsuit or a visit from the board of health.
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
September 5th, 2004, 12:40 PM
I Heart 4x4
Quote:
Originally posted by Alice@Sep 5 2004, 01:18 PM
Don't call...put it in writing. That gives you the opportunity to explain in detail what happens, with no chance of them misunderstanding what happened. They can't complain that you spoke too fast (as I always do) or that you caught them at a bad moment when they were busy. Then, at the bottom, put "cc" and list the county board of health and the McDonalds national office-- I'm sure you can get the numbers online. Send them copies as well.

I'm not going to win any points for this, but I like McDonalds. I would imagine they would want to reconsider the manager of any of their facilites who leaves them open to a lawsuit or a visit from the board of health.
I love McDonald's too. Hate Wal-Mart though, LOL!
September 5th, 2004, 01:21 PM
I love mcd's food but I have had soooo many bad times at different ones across the country. I cannot say I will ban them b/c you never know when you just HAVE to have a Big Mac lol. I do know that I will never visit the one in Wal Mart anymore. Will let you know how it goes.

September 5th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Whoever it was who said write them a letter, absolutely, write them a letter. You will get much better results. Address it to the district manager if at all possible or the owner. And it wouldn't be a bad idea to notify the health department too. But letters will get you MUCH further than phone calls, especially if they go right to the top.
September 6th, 2004, 01:52 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Walmart....But, I do not like the McDonalds they have in there. We have stopped by there 2 times. Both times they messed up the orders.

September 6th, 2004, 06:53 PM
mom2one's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Janelle@Sep 3 2004, 09:16 PM
Had to go to Wally world after work today. Kids and I both hungry so we stopped at McDonalds inside Wal Mart. While we are eating a little girl got sick behind us then the mom tries to run her to the bathroom and she got sick right infront of us. I understand this Avery has done the same thing. Well while they are cleaning it up...the mom is cleaning the manager just lets her clean it up...another girl the other side of us (out of view of the last) starts getting sick....ummmmm 2 at one place doesnt sound good. Ok stupid me says ok we will be ok...kids are not bothered I will not be bothered either. Well later on I was eating my sandwich and took a bite of tomato....it tasted nasty like rotten nasty....I spit it out and smelled it...it smelled nasty too. Well the manager was behind me cleaning up after the first little girl. Another customer tells her " you must hate your job" the manager then tells her "I would rather do this once in a while than be a parent" can you believe this right next to me she said this!!! I was thinking that was pretty rude!!! Well anyhoo I tried to pull the manager aside to tell her about the tomatos so I could save her some embarrasement and she refused to come close enough for me to speak softly. Tells me she is kinda stuck there at the moment. Ummm ok. I then tell her about the tomatoes and she tells me oh no I just opened them. I say um well you better check them b/c what had happened. She ARGUED with me....bad manager no bonus!!!! Dh wants me to call her boss about it but I am a woosie about that kinda stuff. Oh btw the manager didnt even apologize about my sandwich and didnt even offer to replace it when I tell her I cannot eat it. Ugh theres my vent do you think I should call her in????
I stay far, far away from Walmart. Sorry that is my only advice. I hate that place and refuse to shop there.
September 7th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by linda11567@Sep 5 2004, 04:10 PM
Whoever it was who said write them a letter, absolutely, write them a letter. You will get much better results. Address it to the district manager if at all possible or the owner. And it wouldn't be a bad idea to notify the health department too. But letters will get you MUCH further than phone calls, especially if they go right to the top.
your first question needs to be ... are they corporate or owner operator? If it's corporate .... a phone call will do just as well as a letter!!!! They are REALLY good about responding to such incidences.

2nd ... you need the store manager and the area manager and the district manager.

Let us know how it goes.
September 14th, 2004, 07:28 AM
TheGeneralsGal
I am so sorry you had to go through that BS! Me and the manager would have been king fu fighting!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search