Camping Vent

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2006, 02:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH & I paid $75 a month in advance for a weekend of "honeymoon camping". We were married on June 3 and are not going on a real honeymoon until next Fall, after the baby is born and we save up a little bit.

Long story, I'll try to keep it short.

DH & I arrive at the campground and the office was out for lunch. The told me to go to our site and just set up and come back into the office when we were done. So we did. We get to our spot, the very back for privacy and set up our tent (yeah, we roughed it, haha). Apparently the "owner" drove by in his little golf cart because when we got to the office, after EVERYTHING was set up, they told us we were in a camper zone and had to move our tent. Excuse me? Move our tent? Our tent is HUGE, we have an 8 people tent... it's just not that easy.

Note: DH worked 48 hours straight to get his work done for a 4 day weekend.. He had not slept in two days, he was tired, it was time for bed!

They wanted us to move to the tent spots. No, we paid an extra 10 dollars a night to have the spot we wanted on our honeymoon. We weren't using any of their water or electricity, it shouldn't have mattered.

SO we packed up and LEFT. I tried to get our money back and they refused. "No refunds signs are all over"

Well if the OWNER would have STOPPED and TOLD US we couldn't have a tent there we would have never had a problem. Clearly he didn't fricken do it.

We did move campgrounds, abour 5 miles down the road, it was 10x better and I'm actually glad it happened. But we didn't get our money back and I'm still furious.

What the heck would you do? The lady didn't let me chat with their owner either. "I already talked to him" I'm sorry, but I am a customer and I didn't get to!

I think I should send a letter, but I don't know how to word it and I want to get to the point. I am so mad. DH said to leave it alone but I could buy all sorts of baby things with how much we paid for 4 fricken days. Gahhh!!

June 23rd, 2006, 07:25 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I would pretty much tell them what you told us. I don't think what you asked for was unreasonable. If they were not overcrowded or anything, it should have not mattered. I am glad you had fun, though it's the principle of the matter. And yes I know you could buy a BUNCH of stuff for the baby or even something big you might need.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search