Spouse & Friends

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2011, 09:58 AM
My husband has a friend that I don't like... it's not that I have any particular reasons, he just gives me really bad vibes! Well, there may be some reason - he's a bit irresponsible, drives drunk, drinks TOO much, and is kind of a slacker.

That being said... how do you come out and tell your spouse that you don't like their friend?

I've told my husband this actually, but he told me that he enjoys his company and that's all that matters. But when he brings him over and I have to be polite and socialize with this guy I dislike, doesn't that matter? I don't know, am I overreacting?

Kate
June 23rd, 2011, 10:52 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I've been there. DH has a few friends that I'm not a fan of, but there is one in particular that creeps me out. I informed DH how I feel and have told him that he is not allowed in our home when a. my kids are there, or b. when I'm there. He understood and has respected my wishes. I refuse to play nice to a person who I think is scum. If your DH wants to hang around this guy, he should respect your feelings and do it elsewhere.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

June 23rd, 2011, 12:01 PM
That sounds about right to me! Now I just wish he WOULD do that. The other day I was surprised by a visit by the guy, and then had to cook dinner! A lot of things go right over my man's head.
June 23rd, 2011, 01:11 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Oh see I wouldn't have cooked dinner. When I put my foot down, I put my foot down and DH knows this. Good luck.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

June 23rd, 2011, 06:21 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
I've been there. DH has a few friends that I'm not a fan of, but there is one in particular that creeps me out. I informed DH how I feel and have told him that he is not allowed in our home when a. my kids are there, or b. when I'm there. He understood and has respected my wishes. I refuse to play nice to a person who I think is scum. If your DH wants to hang around this guy, he should respect your feelings and do it elsewhere.
Exactly!!! He either meets him when we are not around or not at all at the house, they must meet elsewhere. No way would I have cooked dinner for him in the least. I would have made dinner for myself and the kids and forget the rest of them.
June 23rd, 2011, 06:51 PM
Hahaaaa I need women like you guys in my life!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search