My DH is never home...

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I just vented the other day, but I kind of feel like I have built-up vents

My DH is hardly ever home. Sometimes he has good reason for it, like he's going to his Mom's house to help her out with some yard work. Other time he's just messing about with people. And that's all good and fine to have fun... but he's not working right now!

When I got onto him about working, he asked what he was supposed to do about it? I told him instead of going out to hang out with friends, he could check into some places in town and ask around for work, and then hang out with friends.

It's not only that, but he PREFERS friends over my son and I, it seems. He says that he hates being home, that's it "depressing" here. How does he think I feel being stuck inside all day?!?! And the people he hangs out with I don't want to hang out with, and when I make plans to go out together, he's too tired or just wants to relax. When he is home, he's on the computer. That's really about it.

I talk to him about my feelings, but things go over his head. Or he gets mad. He has a REALLY bad temper. He doesn't hit me or anything, but he throws things around the room and screams like a mad man. It's getting to the point where I'm not sure if I can be with someone like this...

Yet I have nowhere else to go, nothing else to do I've just got a job myself, and that will be good for finances... but I left my last job because he promised that he'd get a job, because I prefer hanging out with my son than working, whereas he wants to get out and work. But... he's not trying... ahh.

He just told me yesterday that he doesn't think he can live with me anymore, that I'm always wanting him home and that makes him not want to be home. Or that I push him away.

I've got to vent about this, because I'm ready to explode! (I promise this was only one paragraph and then it went all kinds of crazy, lol)
June 30th, 2011, 02:05 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
(((HUGS))) All I can say is that I know the feeling
August 4th, 2011, 10:06 PM
I feel bad for you... I know what you're going through somewhat. I'm dealing with the exact same thing...

my DH spends most of the day at home on the computer... he's a gamer.... i know it's for certain he spends more time playing games than trying to be a member of our family.

it's quite dis-heartening. I am not sure if you are religious or not, but just believe that there is a plan for you. You don't get a rainbow until you go through the rain.....

keep your head up.
September 2nd, 2011, 02:27 PM
Veteran
I used to live like that...and i left about 2yrs ago...it was the hardest and biggest step in my life i left with my 2 boys at the time were both under the age of 2. I look at it like this life is to short to be unhappy!!! ((hugs))

September 6th, 2011, 06:39 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
How you doing??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search