No AC Rant

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So my in laws have known for several months that we would be coming up to see them. Their house in Minnesota doesn't have central air. They purchased a window unit for their room. My MIL works morning shift and step-FIL works 3rd shift. Well it was 90 plus here today and currently it is after midnight and still 80 plus in our bedroom. Will my in laws open their bedroom door and share the air NO!!!!!! I'm so fed up with all the BS they are dealing out. Do this this way, ohhh wait don't do this. No ac. Make sure my 8 month old daughter stays quiet so they can sleep. At this point I feel like they are trying to force us to leave....and believe me I am more than ready, but DH is not and i can't even express to him how i feel because he will take up for them. You think they would be tripping over backwards to get us to stay longer. This is the first time they have seen munchkin, and first time to see us in almost a year. Ohhh and trying to get them to willingly help with munchkin is like pulling teeth. My mother is so much better. This was supposed to be a vacation, not misery.

Ok rant over i think. Going to try to go to sleep in this miserable room. Sorry for typos, using my phone.

July 1st, 2011, 04:27 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Yikes!!! Doesn't sound like much of a pleasant trip at all!! I would tell them that it would be a lot easier to keep the baby quiet if she was a bit cooler!! Can you get a small window unit for the bedroom your in or grab some extra fans?? I feel for ya!
July 5th, 2011, 10:21 AM
RayofHope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whoa, that's not nice! Something I've learned is that old people get tired of babies. Doesnt mean they dont love them they just lose the desire to breath down their neck and take in every cutsie thing they do. The Central Air part I would definitely throw a fit about. How long are you going to be there? If its going to be awhile you should look into getting a window unit for the room you are in. Maybe check craigslist or something. You could find something cheap I'm sure. Maybe ask them to go half on it so you can leave it behind. Sorry your trip is turning out so bad for you.

Thanks Claire1979 for my Fabulous Siggie!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
July 10th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
After checking the weather the next day, they immediately purchased a stand up unit for downstairs and got us a window fan. While the downstairs was pleasant our bedroom was still miserably warm during the day. MB was cranky mostly because she was hot and more than ready to be home. Dh and I have decided if we go again next year, meaning, if they are still there, we will take money to purchase a small window AC. We were o my like 3 days before coming home. Also it cooled down to normal ranges fir MN the next night.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search