Insurance and Doctors Vent

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2011, 12:41 PM
bluebawler's Avatar country*mama*wannabe
I'm mostly a lurker on this board but I lost my angel baby little over a month ago through a miscarriage. I had to have a D&C(which I felt like it was pushed on me) to get it out. I was worried because we have a $10,000 deductible (I'm serious)and there is no way we could've met it and we made too much to qualify for any assistance. Now over a month later we're getting the bills from the hospital and the doctors. It's totaling over $4,000! The insurance didn't pay a dime and they only did adjustments so we have to pay everything out of our pocket. The hospital is willing to work with us but the doctor isn't. They want their money in 6 months or its going to be turned over to a collection agency and that's even worse.

It just really upsets me that they know I lost my baby and all they can think about is money! I don't know what me and my husband are going to do. What a horrible, selfish and greedy world we live in today. This makes me almost want to just give up on having kids if this is all the world has to offer. I mean I can't even get any assistance because all the illegal immigrants and welfare people (not all but most) are taking advantage of the system and the people who really need help can't get it and it just sucks! It should be illegal for insurances to make deductibles that high and for them to treat people this way!
July 11th, 2011, 09:26 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
(((HUGS))) I am so sorry!!!!! I wish there was something that I could do for you. I know insurance companies suck big time! That is asinine that the Dr wont work with you! Def. time to find a new Dr. As long as you are making payments, then I don't think they can turn you over to anyone. I hope something works out for you!!!
July 16th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Regular
I understand what you're going through as it regards dealing with insurance and doctors. I currently don't have insurance at all and I'm desperate to get my five year old with special needs diagnosed and treated. I sincerely hope you can get everything sorted out!

[/CENTER]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search