need to vent somewhere....

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2011, 09:59 PM
soooo.... what else is new, i'm not on good terms with my husband at the moment.

last night, we were watching Hell's Kitchen where the winning team was sent out for the afternoon on a beautiful yacht. My husband and I were watching and I was "oooh" ing and "ahhhh" ing when all of a sudden said.. " That isn't such a great yacht; remember the one that we were on? It was much bigger than that." At that moment, I wanted to cry.

" That wasn't me." I quickly said after his comment registered.

To top it off, he then says " Are you sure? You don't remember?"

That was the topping on the cake. Not to mention that this wasn't the first time he has confused me with his ex.

Weeks before, we were discussing museums and I said I wanted to go to the La Brea Tar Pits. He says that I've already been there..... I let him finish his shpeal before I answer back. " Don't you remember? We took (insert his daughters name) here and she called it the La Brea Arm Pitts." Again, I tell him that I've never been and that I'd like to go. At this point, I don't want to take him along... I just want to go by myself.

Here's the kicker.... we're married and we have a 2 year old son......
August 15th, 2011, 07:48 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Yikes!! How long have you guys been together? I am sorry he is doing that!!
August 23rd, 2011, 07:34 AM
Thismamaisonherway's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! that is not cool at all. Have you told him how much it upsets you when he makes that mistake? I think a serious discussion is in order. I feel for you girl, I really do.
December 3rd, 2011, 12:44 PM
mommy2alex215's Avatar FTM
Im sorry hun Not that this makes it ok but maybe its a good thing that he mistaked his times with his ex for times with you. Maybe it shows that it wasnt important enough to remember being with her. It still isnt fair to you but just trying to figure out inside a mans head. HUGS!!
December 7th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
Um, sorry that is strange. You could ask why he thinks these memories are with you. Hopefully he say exactly like mommy2alex thinks. Maybe he is trying to erase his ex, with sticking you in his memories instead. Not sure why but your feelings are justified.
February 8th, 2012, 04:47 AM
sounds like you need to have a serious chat with him, get everything straight

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search