Ticked on friend's behalf

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh man I'm livid right now!! A friend of mine got an ADORABLE tattoo done on her shoulder. It's her daughter's footprints with her name above them and DOB below. The tattoo is awesome except the dude got the DOB wrong!!! Now he's trying to tell her that the ONLY way he'll fix it for free, is if she gets her friends to go get a tattoo done from him. Uh NO!!!!

I told her my advice was for her to take her post down on Facebook (where she posted basically begging her friends to go to this guy to get their tattoo done to help her out) and to go in there and tell this jack-off that HE f ed up the tattoo not her. He looked at the birth certificate THREE TIMES and STILL managed to get it wrong!!!! He needs to fix it for free.

I told her what he's doing is wrong, it's unprofessional, etc.... I told her what happens if one of her friends goes to him, at her suggestion, and he screws their tattoo up too? They'll blame HER. She's so not a make waves kind of person. Chances are, I'M gonna have to go in with her and raise some he- double hockey sticks to get this guy to do what he should have done to begin with.

I have worked in customer service in one form or fashion for,... well that's not important I told her that what he SHOULD have done was bend over backwards, from the second she told him it was messed up, trying to make it right and that he should have gone above and beyond in trying to make it better too!

Oh this makes me so mad!!!!

(I know this isn't a family or marriage issue but i needed to get it off my chest somewhere)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
December 20th, 2011, 06:52 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
That is just plain wrong of him!! I cant believe she actually asked people to go to him. If he makes mistakes like that... I think you shpuld take her down and get it fixed, would be a nice Christmas gift from you to her on having her special tatoo fixed.
December 21st, 2011, 05:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Another friend on FB told me to have her take him to small claims court and all that too. I did convince her to NOT take anyone else to him. I haven't heard back from her to know if she's went in or if she wants me to go with her. There are many tattoo artists at the shop, but I dunno who's in charge. I didn't go there for my tattoo.

I'll post this in FB so she can see your suggestions (and any others that people might wanna post) and decide what she wants to do. Thank you!!!!
(i'll let you know when i know what she does)

December 21st, 2011, 06:00 AM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
Sounds to me like this is how that jerk makes clients. I wouldn't doubt that he screwed up on purpose. And I sure wouldn't want my friends to go and have him screw up their tats, just so he can get more customers. Definately get this guy and ruin he reputaion so no one would hire him sounds like a real winner.
Sorry to your friend!
December 23rd, 2011, 07:44 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is just HORRIBLE! All artists I know, IF they mess up are always willing to have you come back for FREE to fix it and make it right by you. I have 7 tattoos and have had 4 different artists, and each one are the same. So sad.
January 15th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Whatever happened??
January 16th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing yet. She's busy planning her wedding right now. She says she's gonna go in and tell him he needs to fix it for free since he messed it up, but who knows. She doesn't wanna take further action until she tries that. I'm worried that the longer she takes the less likely she'll be able to take further action.

January 25th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Yeah she needs to get on it ASAP otherwise too much time will have passed.
January 26th, 2012, 01:26 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
That's totally uncool. She should report him to a better business bureau or something!

I had a pink colour in one of my tattoos that didn't take the guy changed it to a different colour with no issues what so ever. He thought it wouldn't take after he'd done it and said I should be prepared to come back in.

If your hair dressed f's up your hair, shouldn't they have to fix it? If he won't fix it she shouldn't pay!

Pinterest
Flickr

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search