If work does not cause me stress at times. The darn drug store did today

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
I know about the new state and federal laws on getting certain cold and allegy medicines. Last week when I got dh's refills of meds. I got a box of Drixoral Allergy Sinus medicine for our son. It was only a 10 day supply box they'd allow me to get. That box was running out with like one more day left of pills. The way they give out the boxes at the pharmacy was you register where they have your ID or drivers license on file. I gave them all that last week. So I don't have to keep filling out a form to get a box. Today some woman says can I see your ID. I open up my wallet. It's in a clear plastic slot. I show her it. She says can you take it out of your wallet. No it's stuck in the slot. My ID card fits to tight in the slot. But you can still see the ID number etc. So I ended up ripping the slot a bit getting my ID out. She goes into this whole thing that I need to register to get the meds. I said I did already. She says well everything has changed. I said I registered last week. They put my name etc. in your computer. That all they do is ask for your name. They check the computer. If it shows they have your ID on file. They just process your order. I had to go through the whole registration process again. There were several or more people in line waiting to get scripts. They were all looking at me. Like geez woman your holding up the line. I was thinking to bad my son has cronic allergies. So he needs allergy meds. She brings out the wrong box of stuff I wanted. I said no I want this Drixoral 12 hour stuff. It's the longest acting allergy/sinus med over the counter. She says what about Clariton. It lasts 24 hours. I said it does not work. Well it's suppose to work for everyone. I said not my son. Then she says how about Alavert. I said that is Loratidine also. Same as Clariton. So it won't work either. Oh. So she goes to look for the right box and finally finds it. Then took her sweet natures time processing my registration to get it. I am ok that they changed the law to keep this drug out of the hands of the wrong people. But I think it's rediculous I can't get a one month supply at a time. Then when I tried getting a script for Allegra D filled for our son. Then they say insurance will not cover it. That they say they have no documented proof it will work for our son. Well Duh no they wouldn't. As he never got to try it to see if it works. That was like 80 something dollars if I paid cash up front. Then if it didn't work.
July 13th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This really touched a nerve with me!! I get so angry because of these stupid new laws about buying allergy medicine that I usually just buy extra kleenex instead and put up with the sneezing instead of waiting to buy a box of allergy pills. I have to do all the same things, show ID, wait while the pharmacist fills out a form and then pay separately at the pharmacy counter, even at stores I've already shopped at and supposedly registered at before. I get REALLY, REALLY angry having to put up with that crap because some morons use it to make meth. I've got an idea--why don't they just set it up in a huge display in the front of the store and have an undercover cop stick around--a ton of cops are already assigned to drug cases, just take one and put him in a store for a while. When people come to shoplift it (which apparently was rampant before they put it behind the pharmacy counter) the cop can round up all the meth makers. No more lengthy investigations and raids on meth labs. Get them while they're still in the store. Part of the problem solved! And that way the rest of us don't get inconvenienced by having to put up with this crap!!!

July 13th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
Oh and I just read the small print on the recipt. It says I can get 3.6 grams of psudephadrine per day. But no more than like 9. something grams per month. Lets say the whole family is sick. Your the one going out to buy meds for all them. You won't even get enough to take them all through the sick. I told dh he can go shopping with me on the weekend. We both can sign to get a box of that allergy stuff. I can stock up so when the sick comes I have something. Dh seems to think the drug stores go through all the motions of checking ID. But don't think anything is processed federal or state showing how many boxes we got in a month. That I mostlikely can get whatever all month if I go to different stores and get over the 9 gram limit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search