I need some advice!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2006, 09:54 PM
mrsracatoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsracatoe
To start with my dh has 2 kids from a previous marriage. The girl is 10 and the boy is 8. Him and his ex shared custody back and forth until she started abusing and neglecting the kids. We took them away from her because of MANY MANY reasons. Here are a few: Not feeding them, leaving them at home by themselves at night with no phone or anything, the kids had no beds to sleep in, their mom would have sex with 3-5 different guys a night with the children laying in bed with her and the guy going at it, we think that his daughter was molested by 1 of those guys too but can't totally prove it, she has taken them over to different peoples houses that she barely knew and would leave them for at least a weekend and sometimes a week before she would call to say she was coming to get them, and she took them to bars with her and various boyfriends while they were drinking. That is just a couple of things that she was doing! We went to court and got the kids from her. When she lost the kids she moved in with her aunt and uncle so she wouldn't have to pay any bills and she would have more money to buy clothes and go out bar hopping. BTW His ex is 33!! She has since had overnight stays with the boyfriends at camp grounds where she would put the kids to sleep in an indoor tent and they she would go into her boyfriends camper and screw him and then come back outside with the kids awake. She is sending the boy to a tutor when she isn't supposed to even be involved with their education because when they lived with her she was doing their homework and she was making them fail because of that and the fact that she was going to the school cussing and screaming in front of all of the kids. Ok you get the idea of what I am going through! Now we have a new court date of sept. 1st because she wants visitations set up where she don't even have to be there at all. She confessed to a family member that she doesn't want anything to do with the kids that her aunt and uncle are making her get them and she wishes that she could just get out of the situation all together. She is supposed to get the kids every other weekend and she has never done that. She has even told the kids that she doesn't want them and that its her aunt and uncle making her because they will kick her out if she doesn't do this! I am so frustrated because I have worked so hard for these kids and everything that she does just makes them take steps backward. The lawyer says wait until the court date and we can have all the contempts put on her at 1 time but I am TIRED of waiting! I want my life back!!!!! The lawyer said what will probably happen is she will be caught up in contempt and be ordered to follow the same visitation. Can someone give me some advice on what I should do??? She is driving me CRAZY! I am never going to be able to get preggo with all of this crap going on!! Sorry for this being so long but thanks for any advice!!

July 12th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have really any advice, but I just want to let you know that I hope things work out for you. Those kids don't deserve this. I hope that the court system works for you.

July 12th, 2006, 11:41 PM
So far no one has helped. We even had to get DSS involved because my stepdaughter caught Trich (a STD) from her mother because she was making her and her brother take baths with her and they had to use the same wash cloths etc. DSS got involved and found many many things wrong but never did anything about it. We found out about the molestation from DSS. The court system around here sucks. I have honestly never seen anything like it. I would love for a judge just to go ahead and take away her rights but that doesn't happen around here! Plus the kids HATE her because of the way she has done them both. I am just having a very hard time dealing with this because everytime that I hear her name my blood boils!! I am trying so hard to concieve to have my first child and here she is and has children and doesn't want them and yet she won't go ahead and sign her rights over because of her aunt and uncle threatening to kick her out. I just don't understand and it breaks my heart because I have to see these kids suffer. I just don't know what to do anymore. Sometimes I just don't know if I can take anymore. How should I deal with this???

July 13th, 2006, 03:46 PM
mrobinson
Oh Rebecca.. I'm just reading all of this for the first time..

Hon, that's un-freaking-believable! No wonder you're angry, sad and at your wits end ~ I would be too! I can't even imagine that! Those poor kids. I'm so glad you're in their life now. I pray they can partially recover from all of this trauma. (They are adorable, btw. Sending them love and hope.)

Ok.. I know the courts seem like they aren't helpful. (Honestly I don't think they are either, but..) I wish they had a better way of dealing with things through the courts.. It just seems as soon a person tries to cross one hurdle, another year has to go by before the next one. It's so frustrating and I don't blame you for wanting to speed this up. Unfortunately we are helpless to their system.. I guess I would suggest remembering back to the things you love and try to fall back on to it. Get absorbed and try to forget the world (without drugs and alcohol of course!) Try new things: Mediation, patience, exercise (punching bag,) bathes, writing down all the things you hate about her aways from the kids and then ripping it up into small pieces, get a scream pillow, new cook books with foreign reciepes.. just anything to forget and release the tension. (PM or post if you want more!)

For the kids? Man where do I start? Those poor souls. Ok ~ obviously you're step-mom so.. I absolutely know you love them with all your heart. What are the special things you guys do? I would emphasis on those, and create new ones.. Simple things like PJ parties and watching their favorite show.. whatever you guys love. Have one on one time. (I'm sure you already do this but) never mention her name unless they bring it up. Try to really distance them from any drama. DH and you only speak about it away from them. If you get a call about it, take it in another room, or change the subject if it's not directly needed to be said. (You know, to the well-meaning family that want updates ~ get different support from them infront of the kids.) I pray the trust will be enough and the pressure released they can start REALLY opening up. I know when I was in that situation I just wished and wished an adult would take my feelings seriously and not downplay me.

You know, I'm waiting and wanting.. I can't imagine how angry this whole thing is to you considering you're trying and wanting.. I am so sorry this stress is added. I know where you're coming from ~ not understanding how any mom could do this to a child let alone their own. I applaud you for staying this strong so far.. It's no wonder so many people just lose it. Gawd I hope for this stuff to ease enough for that BFP.

I know you're doing an awesome job and I'm glad you reached out girl!

Take care. I hope something I said is useful instead of just stuff you're already doing.
July 14th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Oh Rebecca.. I'm just reading all of this for the first time..

Hon, that's un-freaking-believable! No wonder you're angry, sad and at your wits end ~ I would be too! I can't even imagine that! Those poor kids. I'm so glad you're in their life now. I pray they can partially recover from all of this trauma. (They are adorable, btw. Sending them love and hope.)

Ok.. I know the courts seem like they aren't helpful. (Honestly I don't think they are either, but..) I wish they had a better way of dealing with things through the courts.. It just seems as soon a person tries to cross one hurdle, another year has to go by before the next one. It's so frustrating and I don't blame you for wanting to speed this up. Unfortunately we are helpless to their system.. I guess I would suggest remembering back to the things you love and try to fall back on to it. Get absorbed and try to forget the world (without drugs and alcohol of course!) Try new things: Mediation, patience, exercise (punching bag,) bathes, writing down all the things you hate about her aways from the kids and then ripping it up into small pieces, get a scream pillow, new cook books with foreign reciepes.. just anything to forget and release the tension. (PM or post if you want more!)

For the kids? Man where do I start? Those poor souls. Ok ~ obviously you're step-mom so.. I absolutely know you love them with all your heart. What are the special things you guys do? I would emphasis on those, and create new ones.. Simple things like PJ parties and watching their favorite show.. whatever you guys love. Have one on one time. (I'm sure you already do this but) never mention her name unless they bring it up. Try to really distance them from any drama. DH and you only speak about it away from them. If you get a call about it, take it in another room, or change the subject if it's not directly needed to be said. (You know, to the well-meaning family that want updates ~ get different support from them infront of the kids.) I pray the trust will be enough and the pressure released they can start REALLY opening up. I know when I was in that situation I just wished and wished an adult would take my feelings seriously and not downplay me.

You know, I'm waiting and wanting.. I can't imagine how angry this whole thing is to you considering you're trying and wanting.. I am so sorry this stress is added. I know where you're coming from ~ not understanding how any mom could do this to a child let alone their own. I applaud you for staying this strong so far.. It's no wonder so many people just lose it. Gawd I hope for this stuff to ease enough for that BFP.

I know you're doing an awesome job and I'm glad you reached out girl!

Take care. I hope something I said is useful instead of just stuff you're already doing.[/b]

I feel so much better since I have read your email. Honestly, I am so mad because of having all of this going on, on top of TTC that I think that a punching bag would do perfectly for me. LOL Everwhere I go those kids go with me. I have them more than DH and they are his kids. LOL Those kids and I have been close since day 1 and to be honest, they are my life and soul as if they were my own. Even though I feel that way about them, I still have an empty feeling because I don't have our family completed. To complete our family we want to have at least one child of our own. When we were fighting for custody of them before we had to get a Guardian Ad Litem to investigate the case and report back to the judge about what she thought needed to happen. Well anyways the Guardian Ad Litem said that she has never seen a stepmother that was so involved in their stepkids lives like I am. We do absolutely everything together. I mean going places, playing, slip-n-slides, water balloon fights, go to the park, go shopping, fishing, boating, play board games, and basically everyday is family day for us. The kids are so excited about us trying to have another baby. I just don't like to see a child in these types of situations at all. I just feel like my rope is slowly breaking because of everything. I have to deal with the stress of her, ttc, and the thought of the chance that I might not be able to afford a RE to continue ttc treatments all the time but I keep it bottled up inside until I started this vent. It is really nice to know what someone else would do in my situation if it were them. Have you ever heard the old saying, "When it rains, it pours"? Thats the way that I feel right now. All of our money keeps going to the lawyer. The money that we saved for doctors to help us concieve is gone now because of this stuff with the kids. Don't get me wrong I don't mind but I just feel like I am stuck in reverse instead of moving forward. KWIM??

July 14th, 2006, 07:48 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
You guys need to try to get her and see if she will meet you and sign over her rights. She can do it without her aunt/uncle being present. If they want to see the kids, then they can, if you want them to. That would be the easiest thing to do.
July 14th, 2006, 09:53 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
I feel so much better since I have read your email. Honestly, I am so mad because of having all of this going on, on top of TTC that I think that a punching bag would do perfectly for me. LOL Everwhere I go those kids go with me. I have them more than DH and they are his kids. LOL Those kids and I have been close since day 1 and to be honest, they are my life and soul as if they were my own. Even though I feel that way about them, I still have an empty feeling because I don't have our family completed. To complete our family we want to have at least one child of our own. When we were fighting for custody of them before we had to get a Guardian Ad Litem to investigate the case and report back to the judge about what she thought needed to happen. Well anyways the Guardian Ad Litem said that she has never seen a stepmother that was so involved in their stepkids lives like I am. We do absolutely everything together. I mean going places, playing, slip-n-slides, water balloon fights, go to the park, go shopping, fishing, boating, play board games, and basically everyday is family day for us. The kids are so excited about us trying to have another baby. I just don't like to see a child in these types of situations at all. I just feel like my rope is slowly breaking because of everything. I have to deal with the stress of her, ttc, and the thought of the chance that I might not be able to afford a RE to continue ttc treatments all the time but I keep it bottled up inside until I started this vent. It is really nice to know what someone else would do in my situation if it were them. Have you ever heard the old saying, "When it rains, it pours"? Thats the way that I feel right now. All of our money keeps going to the lawyer. The money that we saved for doctors to help us concieve is gone now because of this stuff with the kids. Don't get me wrong I don't mind but I just feel like I am stuck in reverse instead of moving forward. KWIM??[/b]
I do know what you mean about the finances.. My dad had to pay for his lawyer and my real mom's lawyer bills for 10 years.. It was so draining in every way. It's part of the reason why my dad lives with some guilt about not providing everything he could to me but he could for my baby-brother. I try to reassure him it was out of his hands and I don't blame him for that ascept of our lives. I know he loved me then and loves me know but it was and is hard on him there.
Right now I'm in a financial bind but I can't blame anyone but myself.. It feels like we're always moving behind too. We are putting off having kids because of it so it's hard for me to read about other's attitudes about raising kids because of my issues. (It's not their faults, it's my problem so I don't blame them.)
I also can related to being grateful yet still wanting.. I know I have a great life but I relate to the feeling of something missing.. a baby.
Well, maybe you and I can be rain buddies! Although I don't want to minialize your situation at all. It's a hard tough road but it will end.. it's has too eventually.
Keep us updated or vent anything at all. We'll be here for you.

Michelle
July 14th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Quote:
I feel so much better since I have read your email. Honestly, I am so mad because of having all of this going on, on top of TTC that I think that a punching bag would do perfectly for me. LOL Everwhere I go those kids go with me. I have them more than DH and they are his kids. LOL Those kids and I have been close since day 1 and to be honest, they are my life and soul as if they were my own. Even though I feel that way about them, I still have an empty feeling because I don't have our family completed. To complete our family we want to have at least one child of our own. When we were fighting for custody of them before we had to get a Guardian Ad Litem to investigate the case and report back to the judge about what she thought needed to happen. Well anyways the Guardian Ad Litem said that she has never seen a stepmother that was so involved in their stepkids lives like I am. We do absolutely everything together. I mean going places, playing, slip-n-slides, water balloon fights, go to the park, go shopping, fishing, boating, play board games, and basically everyday is family day for us. The kids are so excited about us trying to have another baby. I just don't like to see a child in these types of situations at all. I just feel like my rope is slowly breaking because of everything. I have to deal with the stress of her, ttc, and the thought of the chance that I might not be able to afford a RE to continue ttc treatments all the time but I keep it bottled up inside until I started this vent. It is really nice to know what someone else would do in my situation if it were them. Have you ever heard the old saying, "When it rains, it pours"? Thats the way that I feel right now. All of our money keeps going to the lawyer. The money that we saved for doctors to help us concieve is gone now because of this stuff with the kids. Don't get me wrong I don't mind but I just feel like I am stuck in reverse instead of moving forward. KWIM??[/b]
I do know what you mean about the finances.. My dad had to pay for his lawyer and my real mom's lawyer bills for 10 years.. It was so draining in every way. It's part of the reason why my dad lives with some guilt about not providing everything he could to me but he could for my baby-brother. I try to reassure him it was out of his hands and I don't blame him for that ascept of our lives. I know he loved me then and loves me know but it was and is hard on him there.
Right now I'm in a financial bind but I can't blame anyone but myself.. It feels like we're always moving behind too. We are putting off having kids because of it so it's hard for me to read about other's attitudes about raising kids because of my issues. (It's not their faults, it's my problem so I don't blame them.)
I also can related to being grateful yet still wanting.. I know I have a great life but I relate to the feeling of something missing.. a baby.
Well, maybe you and I can be rain buddies! Although I don't want to minialize your situation at all. It's a hard tough road but it will end.. it's has too eventually.
Keep us updated or vent anything at all. We'll be here for you.

Michelle
[/b]

We can definitly be rain buddies. You and I have so many similiar views! If you want to talk to me sometime feel free to PM me or to email me. My address is:
mrsracatoe@yahoo.com
I am sorry about your past and can relate to it because my mom was a single mother that did the best that she could but there were many times that she couldn't afford to feed me anything but a box of mac and cheese, the powdered kind. My mom did her best and I am grateful that I had a mother that cared so much to try so hard. My dad wasn't ever around until summer time and then I would go and visit him out of the state for 2 weeks and thats it. He never helped my mom with anything at all.
As for dh's ex, she will not sign over her rights because if she does then her aunt and uncle will kick her out and stop giving her money and a free place to stay and etc. Her aunt and uncle are worse than she is with the kids. When we went to court last year and took the kids from her, her aunt and uncle almost got arrested because they were trying to fight our family in the lobby. The baliff had to kick them out of the court house. They ride by our house all of the time to spy on us. We can't live a normal life as long as she is in the picture. KWIM?? Its miserable!! OMG we fired our last lawyer because she told us to have dh's ex killed because it would be cheaper. I about died when she said that. That is so wrong and I would never think of anything like that. We are going to file a complaint on her for that and several other things that she has done and said. The new lawyer is great so far though and I am going to keep my fingers crossed that it stays that way.
I honestly think that if it wasn't for JM that I would already have been crazy a long time ago. I am going to take a day trip tomorrow to my dad's house in TN. I love it there in the mountains. Its great! I will try to take some pictures to share!! I really does help to have someone to talk to on here and if I can ever return the favor please don't hesitate. I am here for you! Thanks for being such a great listener and for all the advice. I hope to hear from you again soon!

July 15th, 2006, 10:01 AM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Has your attorney told you how long she has to go without seeing her kids even though she has visitation before you can procede with the termination of parental rights? Here in TX it's like 3 months.

Just something to think about. I babysat for a couple of kids that were in a situation like this. So sad. Their dad died and mom neglected them. Men in and out of the house, gone for days at a time, no food. The little girl had no hair because of malnutrition and she was wearing pull ups all day at the age of 4 because no one potty trained her. They just broke my heart.

I know this will all work out for you guys. We're all here for you.

July 15th, 2006, 06:19 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your story breaks my heart. No child should have to go through that & it shouldn't be a war for you to try & find some peace with your family. I hate to say it - but my first thought was to pay her off - pay her to sign off & go away - it seems the only thing she understands....but I also know it is unethical & probably illegal & perhaps something she could use against you - although I don't see her trying to do that if she truly doesn't want the kids back. I knwo you are in a tough spot - but hang in there. time does sort all this stuff out. A good friend was in a not so different situation a few years back & now she has adopted his daughter & they have long since moved on in mnay ways (although I am sure it has it's lasting effects). I wish you all hte best & hope that this court case gets a really good conscientious judge that can try to truly look at what is best for your kids.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

July 16th, 2006, 10:23 PM
mrobinson
How were the mountains?
July 16th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Super Mommy
I'm sorry for what you are going through

Celebrating our Third Anniversary![br]
July 16th, 2006, 11:03 PM
OMG we had a great trip!! Thanks for asking. I will load the pictures on the computer and post them on here in a new topic for all of you! I wish that I could go up there and stay a week or 2 but DH has to work Monday-Friday!! We are having to save his vacation days for this custody junk now.

I wish that I had the money to pay her off to sign over her rights but I am pretty sure that she would much rather do what her aunt and uncle want rather than excepting money from us because she knows that she can live there with them for the rest of her life and not have to ever move and that way she will have them to pay for her bills and she has all of her money to blow on herself rather than getting 1 lump sum from us because she would go through that in no time. I just don't know anymore. There is no law around here that makes any parent give up their rights to their children. It sucks!! The court system around here lets all this junk go on and don't do a thing, even with all of the evidence to prove it. There is one man that hit his 5 year old son in the back of the head with a hammer because he did something that he wasn't supposed to and the Judge here didn't take his child away or put him in jail or nothing. Now do you see what I mean by not having any faith in our courts here?? That is rediculous. I agree that there is no reason why we should not be able to lead a normal life now! I can't stand all of the people riding by our house and they even sometimes stop in the middle of the road and sit there until another car comes along. We have called the police and they keep telling us that our road is a public road and that there is nothing at all that they can do about it. They also tell us that this is a family court matter not a police matter. Excuse me, isn't that stalking??? I even showed them the definition and law about stalking for the state of SC. They really got mad and didn't do a thing then. This county is so corrupt that it isn't funny!! Hopefully that will change within the next 2 years because I am sure that this local Sherriff will not be reelected because of the way tat he has done people. There are even officers that are leaving the county's sherriff's department to join the city police department because they are tired of the corruption and know that eventually they will get in trouble with everyone else. DH and I had a really bad day today!! We almost separated because it hurts me to see people in public or that I know that abuse or neglect their kids and some don't even want their kids and here I am ttc and would live my life around my child if I ever get preggo. I just had some pressure to release and did on DH. We are both scared that we might not ever get preggo and have our first baby together. Even though he has 2 kids already he still wants us to complete our family too. It is very hard for me to watch how his ex treats the kids and some of the things that she exposes them to because I know that it isn't right at all! We needed that pressure that we had built up to release. We both feel so much better now. We both want a baby together so bad that it breaks our hearts! KWIM???

July 18th, 2006, 03:11 PM
DiamondsGlow
Well if you are going to court about all this perhaps you should have the kids take the stand and say they want nothing to do with her.

Seeing as how old they are they are old enough to decide if they want their real mom in their life or not.

My cousin Eddie was being abused by his father and step mother and they were always forcing him to take care of the stepmothers twins because she wanted to sleep all day long and my cousin would have to clean and all this other stuff and on top of this they were both drug addicts and the father actually tried to get him to do drugs once and because of how he was being treated he was getting angry and he was always giving people an attitude.

My aunt had no idea what was going on and assumed that my cousin was just going threw a phase but then one of his friends confronted her and told her what was going on so she went to court and they asked my cousin if he wanted his dad in his life and he said no and he has not been in his life since, My cousin was 9 when this happened.

My cousin is now 17 and he is real happy with his life and he is doing great like he will graduate next year and this upcoming school year he will be teaching students to play guitar and a guitar lessons class and as for the temper he use to always have it is totally gone. He had to go threw counseling for a few months and it really helped a lot and now he is all mr nice nice. When we use to come over and my mom would say Hi to him he would ignore her and give her a dirty look where now when my mom goes over their my cousin is the one saying hi to her, no sooner she walks in the door he's like hey aunt rea how ya been with a smile on his face.

My cousins dad tried to get back into his life last year when my cousin bumped into him at a grocery store and gave him his number and told him to think about it but after a few days of thinking my cousin said he wanted no contact with him because everything was going so good for him and he did not want to screw it up by having anything to do with his dad or his family.
July 18th, 2006, 08:22 PM
mrobinson
I'm so glad your trip was great! Much needed, no doubt.

You're law enforcement sounds like a bad episode of the Dukes of Hazzard with Boss Hog and Rosco P. Co in charge.

Quote:
We needed that pressure that we had built up to release. We both feel so much better now. We both want a baby together so bad that it breaks our hearts! KWIM???[/b]
I hope you get that soon.

~~~~~~~

I'm glad you found your way over here Diamondsglow..
July 18th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Well if you are going to court about all this perhaps you should have the kids take the stand and say they want nothing to do with her.

Seeing as how old they are they are old enough to decide if they want their real mom in their life or not.

My cousin Eddie was being abused by his father and step mother and they were always forcing him to take care of the stepmothers twins because she wanted to sleep all day long and my cousin would have to clean and all this other stuff and on top of this they were both drug addicts and the father actually tried to get him to do drugs once and because of how he was being treated he was getting angry and he was always giving people an attitude.

My aunt had no idea what was going on and assumed that my cousin was just going threw a phase but then one of his friends confronted her and told her what was going on so she went to court and they asked my cousin if he wanted his dad in his life and he said no and he has not been in his life since, My cousin was 9 when this happened.

My cousin is now 17 and he is real happy with his life and he is doing great like he will graduate next year and this upcoming school year he will be teaching students to play guitar and a guitar lessons class and as for the temper he use to always have it is totally gone. He had to go threw counseling for a few months and it really helped a lot and now he is all mr nice nice. When we use to come over and my mom would say Hi to him he would ignore her and give her a dirty look where now when my mom goes over their my cousin is the one saying hi to her, no sooner she walks in the door he's like hey aunt rea how ya been with a smile on his face.

My cousins dad tried to get back into his life last year when my cousin bumped into him at a grocery store and gave him his number and told him to think about it but after a few days of thinking my cousin said he wanted no contact with him because everything was going so good for him and he did not want to screw it up by having anything to do with his dad or his family.[/b]
I wish that it was that easy here as it is there. They won't allow the children to decide or speak to the judge until they are 13 here. The lawyers appoint a Guardian Ad Litem to represent the interest of the children and then the GAL tells the judge what she/he thinks when we go back to court. Basically the kids tell the GAL and she does a report and decides what the judge needs to do. Its crazy. We have tried to take them to court with us in the past and they made us send her out of the entire court house because they don't want to talk with them about anything. It makes me feel so bad because we have to put the kids through the miserable visitation with the mother and yet the family court doesn't even want to listen to what the kids have to say. From my expirence, it seems like they want the kids around here to suffer. KWIM???

Quote:
I'm so glad your trip was great! Much needed, no doubt.

You're law enforcement sounds like a bad episode of the Dukes of Hazzard with Boss Hog and Rosco P. Co in charge.

Quote:
We needed that pressure that we had built up to release. We both feel so much better now. We both want a baby together so bad that it breaks our hearts! KWIM???[/b]
I hope you get that soon.

~~~~~~~

I'm glad you found your way over here Diamondsglow..

[/b]

I really feel terrible about the arguement that DH and I had but it did make me feel a lot better. He told me that we are going to work on a lot of things that are making me feel the way that I do. So far, we are trying hard to talk for at least 15 minutes a day or more about our feelings and how our day went. We call this "our time"! I think that it was a good idea. I think that once I get my BFP that I will calm down because right now I am on "edge" because TTC is very stressful and me not O'ing on the medicated cycles is hard on me. I am just so afraid that it will never happen and that I will never have kids. The stress has just built up so much that we had to release it and now its made him and I both feel GREAT! Thanks for listening to me!!

July 19th, 2006, 01:46 PM
mrobinson
pish posh ~ anytime girl!
July 21st, 2006, 09:28 AM
andrewsmommyNdrubieswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to andrewsmommyNdrubieswife
i hope everything works out for the best....I know what they are going thro i was abuse and neglected....i hate to hear about mothers who dont take responsibilities for their own kids.....and to hear about kids going thro this type of stuff.....

becky

July 21st, 2006, 11:08 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
i hope everything works out for the best....I know what they are going thro i was abuse and neglected....i hate to hear about mothers who dont take responsibilities for their own kids.....and to hear about kids going thro this type of stuff.....

becky[/b]
Hey Becky.. if you're ever interested, come join us on the Controlling/Abusive subforum..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search