Are there any nice people out there??

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lapoema
  • 1 Post By icesfire
  • 1 Post By GSLynn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2012, 10:46 AM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am getting so sick of making friends with people and having them stab me in the back or have the relationship otherwise crumble for various reasons. I am like the nicest person ever, but I have had so many people ruin friendships and take their issues out on me, that I am seriously about to just give up on trying from now on.

Mean people suck.
newmommyof1 likes this.
March 29th, 2012, 01:32 PM
icesfire's Avatar Regular
lapoema, I'm right there with you girl. I came here for supported to find mom that know what I'm going throe and I get toll off because I have a learning disability and don't spell everything right. So if you don't mind the miss spelling I be happy to be a friend and you at lest have one that you know is nice.
lapoema likes this.
April 13th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Keepin' it real!
People are jerks. I don't make friends either, but I stopped caring after awhile. Those who say they like me? I think "WHY, what do you want?" lol
momof2vryactivboyz likes this.

1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??
April 14th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Newbies
I don't go out of my way to make friends! I actually have one friend I know I can count on, and she is honestly all I need!
April 15th, 2012, 05:08 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Mean people do suck!! Sorry people are treating you unfairly.
April 24th, 2012, 04:16 PM
alanahs_mama's Avatar Veteran
I feel for you all-I've had my fair share growing list of friends who aren't my friend anymore because after I've bent over backwards for them whenever they needed me, whenever I needed them they were no where to be found.

I have one friend who has stuck by my side for 12 yrs now and just lost a friend recently because she got mad over not being invited to my daughter's 4th bday party that was already overbooked-but she moved an hour away from me and hadn't texted or called me since Feb.

Most people just suck in general-be it mean people or friends who use you-sadly it can be family as well (in my situation it is). I have stopped caring about having friends but I keep in the back of my mind one day I'll make a new friend or two and hope that they don't turn out like the others did.
June 25th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I know exactly what you mean! I've had the same problems! It's so hard to find genuinely nice people or people you can trust. I honestly don't have any close friends. I still talk to a few girls that were my close friends in school (I graduated 6 years ago) but we don't even hang out anymore (mostly due to us having our own families). I've tried making new friends even at church and they are just undependable. I've pretty much given up in the friend area. I'm so glad I have my kids to make me happy. They give me something to live for. If I didn't have them or my husband I don't know what I'd do. If you have a good family, cherish them because they are so hard to come by.

also it's better to have a few close friends than a ton of "buddies"!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search