19 year old leaves 5 week old son on top of car, drives off forgetting.

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2012, 10:34 AM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
The more I read this article, the more I become inadvertently pissed off. If you haven't seen or read this article about an Arizona woman leaving her 5 week old son on top of car, forgetting she put him there while she drives off, so the poor baby falls into the intersection!

Are you kidding me? Apparently the mom was high at the time, go figure. I can't even understand why a person would even get high while their child is present. So her boyfriend was arrested earlier that day, that's her excuse to get more high?

It's girls like HER who give the rest of us caring young moms a bad rep. I've been told to my FACE that my baby would better off for adoption because I'm too young to raise a child, yet people like this idiot are walking the streets while putting their children in serious danger.

Thank god the baby wasn't harmed in this incident, but what if that wasn't the case? What if the baby was seriously injured, or even killed because of his mother's stupidity? I thought having a child would cause you grow up at least a little bit, but obviously that's not the case.

I'm 18 and I've never tried any drug, even marijuana, therefore I would NEVER do any drugs while my child present, let alone at all. Sure marijuana isn't as drastic, but obviously it causes some drastic side effects since it causes you to put your child on top of a car and truly forget the child is still there when you drive off.

It pisses me off that I have to be compared to young mothers like her, yet I'm the one who actually cares about my child's well being and even working to support her when she arrives. I'm the one being careful about every little thing I eat because I want to make sure it's safe, and I'm the one who already loves my child more than words can say, yet I'm STILL seen as equivalent to this pathetic excuse of a person. I don't understand it.

A bit off topic I apologize, it's just frustrates me that people like this woman are the ones who give the rest of us hardworking mamas a bad name. I really hope this girl doesn't get back custody of her son, at least for a while, because I wouldn't trust her with anything she does from now on, especially concerning her son. My god, barely a month old and already subjected to his so called mother's stupidity. Just so happy the innocent little boy wasn't hurt at all and will be okay. So disgusting to think that your own mom would be capable of something like that.

Sorry for the rant, just keep seeing the article pop up and trying to comprehend how some people can be so idiotic, especially with children.

Mother Drives With 5-Week-Old on Top of Car | - Yahoo!

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
June 7th, 2012, 06:47 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Wow!!!! Unbelievable!!!!!! There are plenty of older moms out there who aee terrible mothers too., but media likes to really highlight the young ones who do bad things to go along with the whole mentality that young moms are bad ones. Sorry people were jerks to you!!
June 11th, 2012, 10:24 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Age has nothing to do with being a good mother.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search