venting about impatience

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2012, 09:46 AM
MindyRambo's Avatar Super Mommy
This is obviously the appropriate place for this, but please feel free to ignore if you wish, and please understand I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad, and this is not directed at anyone in particular.

I have noticed lately on this site, a ridiculous amount of impatience with regards to ultrasounds. In many countries besides the states, if you are not high risk, you don't get a gender u/s until 18 to 21 weeks. I have seen posts from people 4-5-6- weeks wanting their first u/s and believe me I can understand that when you've had losses. But lying to get u/s or freaking out because you have to wait x number of weeks for the gender u/s really rubs me the wrong way. It's ok to be annoyed and vent, don't get me wrong, but don't act like the world is ending and you are the only one in the world who needs one.

Please remember not only pregnant people get u/s. Some people with serious health issues wait a long time for them too, so try to be patient (I know it's hard) and wait for your gender u/s. You are having a baby! Be happy, some other people are waiting to hear if they have cancer, or some other horrible illness.

And I won't even comment on those who lie about bleeding and stuff to get seen earlier. Maybe someone who really needed an u/s had to wait longer because of that... Just something to think of.

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.
June 19th, 2012, 08:24 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No problem. Vent away. I find it appalling that someone would lie to get an ultrasound. It is exciting to see your baby growing in you, but lying that something is wrong is not the way to go about it.
June 20th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Thanks for the understanding, I just re-read my post and cringed a little. In the last few weeks, I have lost a few family members one of which had to wait a really long time for an u/s. I think that threw me off, and made my post a little harsher than I intended it to be, even though it was a vent

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.
June 21st, 2012, 11:31 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Typically, though, people who need a u/s for other reasons aren't going to an OB to get them. Even at the hospital, typically there would be an u/s in the L&D area or the area you would be seen for pregnancy, and a separate u/s in the oncology department.

I'm not arguing with you or saying that your feelings aren't valid. I'm just hoping maybe you won't be as upset to read some comments if your family members aren't waiting extra because of pregnany women lying or stretching the truth to sneak in early or extra u/s.
Nievierra likes this.

June 21st, 2012, 04:11 PM
That's a great point and thanks for the reply

In Canada, you actually don't go to an OB for the most part unless you are high risk. You go to your family doctor and/or a hospital where there is a rotation of doctors that might care for you during your pregnancy/delivery (maybe 3-5) So since they aren't actually OB's but general practitioners, people go there for all kinds of ultrasounds including non-pregnancy related.

Thanks for your perspective though, you are right about it being touchy for me right now.

Last edited by MindyRambo; June 21st, 2012 at 04:18 PM.
June 22nd, 2012, 08:13 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
(((HUGS))) I understand your feelings and agree that people should be lying to get their u/s. I am sorry for your losses.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search