People are MORONS!

Forum: The Venting Room

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Venting Room LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2012, 08:23 AM
RoseRed92's Avatar Veteran
So, if you've read my earlier post, you know that my landlord has decided to move to Phoenix, let the house go back to the bank, and force the three of us that are renting from him to find a new place to live within a few weeks. (He's also shutting off the power the MINUTE he leaves, so staying until the bank takes over is not a possibility.)

Last night, he invited his son (17 or 18 years old), another kid that used to rent from him (19 years old), and all of their little friends over to have a party. A 42 year old man buying beer for a bunch of under-agers... He's not the most brilliant. He sold his fridge the other day, so he rearranged EVERYTHING in ours so he could fit the contents of his own PLUS the beer in it. People were in and out, slamming doors, and clanking beer bottles all over my kitchen (which I sleep directly above) all night.

This morning, I wake up to little pings in the backyard. Turns out, the son and one of his friends were the only ones left, and the landlord was out there with them shooting beer cans with a bb gun. They set them on the porch rail and were shooting toward the neighbor's house, AND the dog that currently resides in our backyard. They also started a bonfire within five feet of the house, were spraying WD40 and orange and blue spraypaint into the fire. They ended up throwing six HUGE half-full cans of spraypaint INTO the fire.

My mom goes outside to take out some trash and tells him, "You know, somebody's going to end up calling the cops." And he, still drunk as everything says, "Let them call. Go ahead and do it, I don't care!"

So, the total of things that got messed up last night: one glass (belonging to my boyfriend, got shot with ten bb's), two patio chairs (mom's, covered in orange and blue spraypaint), six cans of spraypaint (I think three were ours, exploded in a fire). I also found a pile of poop that I hope to GOD came out of the dog, next to my computer... I'm 20 years old, and feel that I am more mature than this 42 year old man.

Anybody else have any stories about morons? I'd love to hear them.

July 31st, 2012, 01:15 PM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sleepy Rat Rattery
I would strongly recommend you call the cops about this. File a report for underage drinking and vandalism of your private property. So what if he is the landlord he has no right to allow those things to happen. PLUS maybe if you file a few reports you can go to the court and talk to a judge about the fast he is going to leave and let the house default to the bank and you guys are living in it and pay rent.

August 3rd, 2012, 08:48 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Wow!! Call the cops on the idiot! Why did you let him use your fridge? Could you get the utilities in your name after he leaves? Good luck!!
September 18th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Hi, I am new here and I just want to say that you have a choice not to move. Here is more information on it. It's a new law that a landlord can't shut off the electric and other stuff. You can still live there. You would work it out with the bank and pay the bank. If the bank doesn't want you living there. They have to give you 90 days notice.

Google it and you will find out more information. Since I am new I can't share links yet.
October 4th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree about calling the cops, he has no right to be in your house at all if you are renting, he may be the landlord, but you are renting. Its your fridge and yard, not his- because you are paying for it. Report this to the cops, may want to get a free 30min consultation from a lawyer.
October 8th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
..........this post is over a year old

Tags
drinking , landlord , stupidity , underage

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search